• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you do...re: tickets?

qbmillar

Mouseketeer
My family is planning a VERY last minute weekend trip to WDW from 10/11-10/14/18. I am trying to decide what to do about park tickets and would appreciate any opinions. The trip is DH, DD (10), DS (4) and myself. We have been to WDW 4-5 times in the past few years, so not much is new for us (other than Toy Story Land). We will realistically only have 2 days to spend in the parks, if you take out the 2 travel days. My options are:
- MNSSHP tickets for 10/12 and then a single day ticket for HS
OR
- 2 day tickets for the parks

We have done the party a couple of times in the past and LOVE it, but not sure that is the best use of $$ since the single day ticket would be pricey as well.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

I'd go with the two-day base ticket.

Reports on other threads have been that the Halloween parties have been much more crowded than in past years with Disney selling more tickets than before. If the parties had lower attendance as in past years, I'd recommend that because you could potentially get more done in a shorter time during the party, but I think the risk of large crowds is too great at the moment.

Non-party days will still be crowded in MK (because people not going to the party will want to use the longer days there), but at least you will have the whole day to spread out your rides, can knock out some rides if you rope drop, and can use FP+ to get on some attractions quickly during the more crowded parts of the day.

Plus, if you're up late doing the party on 10/12, it will be harder to get up on 10/13 to rope drop. With only two days there, I assume you want to maximize your time in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter