• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you do with $207 at WDW?

JCMCM

Mouseketeer
I'm usually a lurker, but have been thinking about this myself and realized I have all these awesome Disney experts I could consult so . . .

I currently have the HEA after fireworks dessert party booked for my party of three during Thanksgiving week. We've done the dessert party before and the reviews following the recent changes are underwhelming. So I'm on the fence about the party, as are so many of you. I may end up keeping it simply because we'll be there at a particularly crowded time (as we usually are since we're tied to the school schedule), but I've been trying to think of what I could "splurge" on with that $207 if we don't spend it on the dessert party. I realize "keep it in the bank" is the logical answer, but I say logical-smogical -- I wanna do something fun!

Any brilliant ideas? What would YOU do with that $207?

A tour (keys to the kingdom was amazing!) or a nice dinner for three at one of the resorts :)

You could also do a night where you splurge a little at disney springs and do a unique experience like characters in flight, the new star wars VR experience..something along those lines.

Boat for Illuminations
Wine at EPCOT
Put some on gift cards for the child/children and let them use it however they want - souvenirs/candy store - my family members used to give my children Disney Dollars - $50 back in the 90's - it was a small fortune to them. Now, I am missing those days
A massage
Character meal
Hoop Dee Doo
Rent a boat to pilot yourself

We did not think the HEA dessert party was worth the money. If you still want to do something special related to HEA, the obvious answer is dinner at California Grill with fireworks from the observation deck. We loved, loved, loved the Star Wars dessert party, so I’d put that out there as an option. If you’re willing to put that money toward another experience, I’d do the Ultimate Day of Thrills, but there are a lot of good tours within your budget. This is a really nice dilemma to have!

I'd spend it on a nice expensive meal like at Yachtsman :rolleyes: I would also look into the AK special safari tour, which I've always wanted to try.

You can rent a pontoon boat for a self guided ride for $45 per 30 mins...I do a one hour or an hour and a half ride :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter