• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you do with 25 pounds of peaches?

Oh so yummy! I would turn a bunch of them into jam, some destined for the Big Sur Bakery's Brown Butter Peach Bars. The rest would be destined for the freezer and a whole bunch of future batches of smoothies, ice cream, and peach cobbler. Assuming I didn't eat them all fresh. Love peaches!

Last edited:
I would slice them, add some cinnamon and brown sugar and freeze them, then when you need a last minute dessert add a crumble topping and you've got a crisp. I do this with the pears from our tree out back, and I did it with peaches from the in-laws peach trees, yummy!!

I would make wine with them. About 15 years ago, my husband and I were at a friend's house and she gave us a couple of huge baskets of pears. We did some research into what we could do with them and came upon the idea of making wine. We went to a local brew supply store and they helped us get some of the things we needed. I don't remember too much about the process, but I do remember we had 11 bottles of a delicious dry white wine to give away for Christmas that year (OK, so we kept about 4 of them for ourselves).

I'm a second on cutting them up and freezing. It's great to pull them out and make a cobbler in the middle of winter.

I also like to make a simple syrup with them and keep in the fridge for iced tea. If you boil it down, it's also good for an ice cream topping. The recipe is here - http://www.foodiemisadventures.com/2012/08/peach-simple-syrup.html The author mentions other peach recipes, but I haven't tried them.

I used to peel, slice them, and freeze in a light sugar water so we could eat them all winter. They tasted great. Haven't done it in years since it is now just two of us.

I eat low sugar, but I draw the line at cutting out fruit and veggies for sugar content....(instead we don't eat sugary baked goods or white flours or many carbs at all,just lots of fruit and veggies) eat them or freeze them, that's what I'd do! smoothies, quick jams,baking uses over a long cold winter would be wonderful...wish I could get peaches for that price! we eat a LOT of fruit in our house.....

We would eat them all. I'd make a brandy peach pie with crumble topping, but the rest would get eaten in a few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter