What would you do?

tigger2on

<font color=6699CC>I can't believe I read this WHO
Looking into another Land / Sea Cruise ( 4 day land/ 3 day Cruise) with a verandah. Travelling with my disabled 6 yr old and boyfriend.
this is the choice...... Nov 8 - 16, 2003 for dd 7th bday or May 15 - 23, 2004 for my 32 bday
I am asking in regards to crowds, weather, personal preferences.....
Thanks
Suzanne

November is still Hurricane Season!

Just my 2 cents worth!

Scratch
:smooth:

Tigger2on, as you can tell from my signature, I would also recommend May, for these reasons:

more likely to have really nice weather, and managable crowds;

in 2004, May 24th is Victoria Day, so you get a 'bonus' long weekend, while US Memorial Day isn't until the 31st

in 2003, November 11th is also US Veteran's Day, so there may be an uptick in crowd size, and I think a higher cost (important with that exchange rate!)

in the spring you have summer instead of winter to look forward to after the cruise :-)

Of course, the downside is May 2004 is so much further away!

Have fun whenever you go!

While November is still in hurricane season, it is a pretty inactive month. September marks the peak.

We sailed on the Magic (Western) this past November and were very pleased with the weather. The seas were calm throughout the length of the voyage and we had hot, sunny, clear weather every day except the day we left Port Canaveral.

Although you won't travel as far south as we did, I should still think you'll get some fairly warm weather.

Another factor to consider: Cost. May is probably going to be much more expensive than November. Maybe even twice the cost or more. We were able to get a Florida resident's special of $799 for our 7 day to help you compare.

Have fun planning! :)

Nov. is at the end of huricane season and anything can happen, but we have cruised it twice and had great weather. Have the next cruise planned for Nov. too. What is great about Nov? I think that you may still get the hurricane season rates the week you are looking for and the weather is still warm but not unbearable. Having never cruised in May I can not compare it to Nov. Hope this helps!

The weather is great in May, the crowds are not at peak season, yet! We did WDW in May 2000 and we are going back this May.
Go for May, all the way:sunny:

The end of May gets busy. WDW hosts a TON of college/HS groups from FLorida from the middle of May until Mem. Day. Last time we were there in May later than we normally go (usually the very first week) and we were over-run with these groups. JIMHO.

November is less peak, and the crowds should be thinner and the prices lower. Get yourself the Unofficial Disney book as it has a very good section on the best times to go to the parks.

We travel to FL in both these months every year and while I prefer May for the weather, I prefer November for the crowds. In the Carribean, you are likely to find nice weather in either month. It really is a lot warmer, eg: it was 60 degrees when we left Port Canaveral, and 75 in KW, and 80ish in GC and COZ.

Good luck.

Tigger2on -- it may not help your decision any, but I just did a quick quote check for you on the DCL site. The current package cost for each of the times you mentioned in a category 7 or 6 is exactly the same. You may be able to reduce some cost by breaking the land/sea package apart following the advise on this board.

So looks like you're faced with the 'preferences' dilemma!

We love to travel in November! We did the land/sea in 2001 and a 7 day eastern in 2002, both the first week of November. The weather was absolutely perfect both times and the cost was good as well.

My vote is for November!

My DH and I vote for May 15th. The spring is great travel time (very pretty) and you're not yet into hurricane season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter