What would you do?

Disneyfan754321

DIS Veteran
We go to WDW every year... we only do three days so one park always is left out. We really love the parties. We like that the ride times can be nonexistent.
This year we only have two day tickets so we can fit in some other things. I have been thinking about adding tickets to after hours party at MK. My Dh said he did not want to spend all day and night at MK. I said we could use our day ticket to go to AK then go to MK for the party. But we have to cancel BOG cause thats at 6 and we can't get in till 7. I think he was really excited about BOG, we have never been. I could try for a later time but thats not really how you want to spend your party time..... we are about 90 days out so i would like to figure this out by the end of the year before i do Fast passes

We go to WDW every year... we only do three days so one park always is left out. We really love the parties. We like that the ride times can be nonexistent.
This year we only have two day tickets so we can fit in some other things. I have been thinking about adding tickets to after hours party at MK. My Dh said he did not want to spend all day and night at MK. I said we could use our day ticket to go to AK then go to MK for the party. But we have to cancel BOG cause thats at 6 and we can't get in till 7. I think he was really excited about BOG, we have never been. I could try for a later time but thats not really how you want to spend your party time..... we are about 90 days out so i would like to figure this out by the end of the year before i do Fast passes
Hello! You actually can get in as early as 4pm with the Christmas Party Tickets. No need to cancel BOG! If it’s still an option, do AK in the am, then hit up MK for the party at 4pm. Also, if you’re a DVC member, you can get in as early as 2pm with your Blue membership card. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Hello! You actually can get in as early as 4pm with the Christmas Party Tickets. No need to cancel BOG! If it’s still an option, do AK in the am, then hit up MK for the party at 4pm. Also, if you’re a DVC member, you can get in as early as 2pm with your Blue membership card. Good luck with whatever you decide!

OP is doing after hours, not the Christmas party.

I think OP is talking about the After Hours tickets, in which case you can not enter the park until 7.

Personally I would do the After Hours plan, but I’m also big on rides. BOG isn’t something I am interested in right now. but if it’s something your husband was looking forward to, maybe it’s best to do that.

ooh!! My mistake! I thought she was talking about the party 🥴

I would spend the money you would have spent on the party and upgrade to a PH. That way you can do all 4 parks in two days.
But you gave good advice if someone is reading this and going to the christmas party :) i wish i was its really the best time of the year,

I really appreciate all your advice, there is so much to do in orlando i wish i had the time and the money... if money was not an issue i would add hoppers but i cant add hoppers or qnother day and go to the party,

My Dh said he did not want to spend all day and night at MK.

I think he was really excited about BOG,

You know he doesn’t want to spend the entire day at MK. You think he was excited about BOG.

Talk to him. Let him know that BOG isn’t something you want to do during the party, so it’s either being there with a ticket for the reservation or it’s not eating there.

Hmmm - I would be tempted to buy the After Hours tickets, however, it depends on how committed you guys are to BOG. I've not read the best reviews of BOG dinner. I like the idea someone mentioned above about spending the money you'd use on After Hours tickets to upgrade to PH tickets instead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter