I'm just throwing this out there, but as an option, I love the Swan and Dolphin for adults. Great restaurants, love the lobby bar at the Dolphin, bigger rooms, can get a balcony, pool bars, etc. Not as many kids for sure.

I second giving the Swan a look (I prefer the queen beds over double, but of course a king bed for a couple). For what you are paying, I’d look into at least a balcony room, but you can also compare suites (think to book most suites you have to call).

The pool area is very nice, and the pool bar is great too.

Overall, I find the Swan is more upscale than the Disney resorts.

If you are willing to take the risk of renting points, I would probably do either Poly or BCV (since BC is still closed for the time being. Renting points at either will probably be cheaper than staying at the YC. The renovations at the Poly are mostly to the interiors, so they shouldn’t be too disruptive, especially by the summer, and while the BCV rooms aren’t as nice as the the YC ones they are still nice and will be cheaper on rented points.

If you aren’t comfortable with the risk of renting points I would say YC hands down. It’s very nice, not under construction, and would likely be cheaper than paying cash for a DVC room.

Hands down, YC CL WV if club level is available. I have stayed there many times. You can get a nice view of the pool and lake and I have never been bothered by any noise from the pool in my dozen or so stays there. Stormalong Bay is a a beautiful pool with a great water slide, the best pool in Disney. Perfect walk to the boardwalk, Epcot and HS. Beautiful in the early morning for a walk around the boardwalk, boardwalk bakery etc... take my word for it you will absolutely love it. Amy other questions, please ask me.
If Club Level returns by the time we go we would definitely consider it. Did you think the food offerings there were worth the price?

I can speak to “water view” at Beach club. Could we see the water, sure, but was really of the quiet pool and grass where folks walked their dogs in the morning. Proximity to Epcot was amazing as was the pool complex. Would I ever stay there again. Absolutely not.
Thank you for your input. What reasons lead to the decision to never stay there again?

I'm just throwing this out there, but as an option, I love the Swan and Dolphin for adults. Great restaurants, love the lobby bar at the Dolphin, bigger rooms, can get a balcony, pool bars, etc. Not as many kids for sure.
I was definitely considering this, but a big negative for us is that they no longer have buses that drop you off at the front of Magic Kingdom. They now only go to the TTC, which would be a major time eater when we try to do rope drop.

I was definitely considering this, but a big negative for us is that they no longer have buses that drop you off at the front of Magic Kingdom. They now only go to the TTC, which would be a major time eater when we try to do rope drop.

You can just walk over to the Boardwalk to get a bus from there; I’ve done that many times when not staying at the Boardwalk.

If Club Level returns by the time we go we would definitely consider it. Did you think the food offerings there were worth the price?
To me, it’s worth it for a few reasons. Convince, right down the hallway, food and drink available. Don’t need to go to the marketplace or some other restaurant for food whether it’s early in the morning or later in the day. Also you don’t waste time in the parks eating at a restaurant at a selected time. You eat when you want by the times the club offers food. I just felt that over the years (about 12 trips) we overate and did not with just club level. Now to be honest, we also did the rose and crown, cape May seafood buffet and hoop di doo for the 10 nights on the last trip, but I used the Disney gift cards that had 500 dollars on them, and still have money left over. Now you can also get a snack plan with CL. I did that before but it was overkill. I had many snack credits left over and hurried to buy things the last day.

On my Magic Kingdom days, we take a Lyft or Uber to the Contemporary to eat breakfast at Wave, or Grand Floridian for Grand Cafe. Then just take the monorail or walk in. But I admit, I barely ever use the bus system. Couldn't stand to wait for them. We always rented a car in the past, but now are finding that rideshare is less expensive (especially with the new resort fees) and we love the convenience of door to door drop off. The savings of staying at the Dolphin would easily offset the cost of Lyft,

Every time we've been to Stormalong Bay it's been packed with kids; not the enjoyable, relaxing experience we'd hoped for. If it were us, I'd try for a room at the Boardwalk Inn with a Boardwalk view. You get that magnificent water view, looking across to BC/YC, without all the noise and confusion of Stormalong Bay. The pool at BWI has been renovated and the scary clown is no longer there, apparently, but when we were at BWI we found the pool to be less populated than Stormalong Bay, for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter