What would you do?

winniedapooh

<font color=magenta>Busy and proud Mom of 5 Disney
Well we have our first official trip home planned for Sept. We will be married 20 years in Oct. but because of conferences, surgery, etc. will be celebrating a month early! Anyhow the person that we have rented a home from in WP offered us her home for free as a way to say thanks for some referrals that we made. :goodvibes It is such a kind and generous offer and I could sell the booking and then purchase a few more AP vouchers for the kids Christmas gift now. I don't know, what would you all do??? I think I know but am just curious about what others here would do. TIA. :wizard:

I just reread this and it came out wrong, sorry. We have rented from this person in the past and are renting again in December for a family trip. DH & I are going to VWL for first trip home in Sept, this is when she offered for us to stay in WP instead of VWL for free. Sorry for the murky post.

We have family that lives in WP and it is way too far from WDW to me! We spend a day or so visiting them on every trip down there, but we LOVE staying on Disney property!! That is why we bought DVC! We have points at BCV (great location) and VWL (we will be there in December for the first time!) I think almost anyone on this forum is gonna tell you to stay on-site, but if having the funds to buy other things is more important to you that is your call. I think VWL would make a great romantic get-away. Congrats on 20 years, we are 17+ ourselves :love2:

If I knew what WP was I might have some advice, but since I don't.....

Haven't answered for the same reason, but after reading laceemouse's post, I'm guessing that WP is Winter Park, Florida but I'm not sure.

Best wishes -

Count me as a big fan of the word FREE!!!!!!

maybe what you can do...is stay on "doughnut" (that means free)....and bank your points into next year, and take a much bigger vacation. These things always have a way of working out.....maybe you could also take the place for free, and spend a couple of days in the middle at VWL.

I have three rules in life when deciding to attend anyhting;

1) FOOD
2) FUN
3) FREE

If the event meets any TWO of these criteria.....COUNT ME IN!!!!!!

WP=Windsor Palms...only about 10 mins. away

I am so confusssseeeddddd... :confused3 I asked DH and he said it was up to me. He will not even say what he feels about it, lol...what to do, what to do??? :sad2:

Ooooppppsss! My bad! I was thinking Winter Park because of my association with it, also because she said "house" and I thought Windsor Palms was condos, although I guess house could mean a condo :confused3 If it is just 10 minutes away, free is GREAT! We used to stay in off-site condos prior to DVC and we did manage to survive.

WP does have condos but they also have some gorgeous homes. One of the homes she has, that she is offering us for free, has 4 bedrooms and 3 baths-private heated pool and jacuzzi. Of course we don't need all that lol. But it is free..... :confused3

Your are definitely faced with a win win choice. You can't lose either way.

Have fun whatever you decide to do.

Tom

Save the points for later. Take the house now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter