What Would You Have Done?

People who are rude and mouthy like that often back down when you call their crap out. I would have told her off in no uncertain terms. I'm sick of people who think they're entitled to something and the people that think this way are the people who are least entitled to anything.

I would have done exactly what you did and if needed just get a CM to come over, explain the situation then ask that the lady be moved or atleast ask for the same seats for a later show.

I hate how people with disabilities like that want equal treatment but then say they are entitled to everything. :confused3

We need people like you in our world who can be patient and take time out of your trip to help someone else. :)

I think you did the right thing. We had something similar happen. My DH has a club foot and needs to use an ECV to get around the parks. When we went to see TLK, the CM asked us to leave the ECV outside and seated us in the front row, as these were the only seats left.

I had no idea until I read this thread that they were special seats. A couple of people with kids behind us kept making comments about how they could not see, and we said we were sorry but the CMs told us to sit there. I was very uncomfortable during the entire show.

Maybe those front row seats are a bad idea if they block the view of people behind. :confused3

I would of ignored them but I know my husband would of said something back. He just can't keep his mouth shut at all.

It doesn't sound like explaining why you received those seats would have made a bit of difference to that woman. She probably would have somehow found fault with that too.

The only thing I can think of would be what some others said - go to a CM at the show, explain what was going on and ask for their assistance.

Thank-you for being a teacher. You all are worked hard for little pay. BUT, you have an awesome work schedule. I know it's not a easy job! and Thank-you for helping that little boy.

I have seen people around me get pixie dust. I have never been on the receiving end of it:( Good things come to those who wait. It is sad that people get rather in a uproar when it doesn't happen to them. We all have our families as number one in our own eyes. There is just no need to have a hissy about it.

Put that lady out of your mind right now. You were rewarded in DisneyWorld...and you will have another jewel to put in your crown when that time comes.:cutie:

Good for you for keeping an eye on the little boy - you certainly did the right thing. As for those people behind you at the Lion King? I'd have said in a real loud voice that "those beans I ate are starting to kick in" and bent over.

I think I would probably have turned around and told her to take it up with the CMs who sat us there! And then 'aplogized' for our pixiedust bothering them.
Besides, there isn't much going on on the floor...most of the action is up higher. I've been seated in those seats behind the shorter front rows...both on the same level pretty much..and my view wasn't all that awful...there were a few things that I missed but nothing worth whining about.

yay for helping the family! Good deed!

As for the other woman, I probably wouldn't have done anything. And then after the fact I would have just complained about her. I HATE, HATE, HATE that people with someone in a wheelchair/ecv/etc think that they have a sense of entitlement over everyone else! I once heard someone tell a CM "I hope you get a disablility so you know what its like to have one!" at seaworld, because the dolphin feeding area was closed and they couldn't go in. Handicapped people are entitled to being equals to the rest of us. Not getting MORE than we do.

You are nicer than I am, because I would've turned around and said something to them. I hate when people feel like they are more important than others. If they didn't like the seats they had, they could've either moved or left and gone to another show. I certianly wouldn't have given up my seats for anyone. You were rewarded for something and you "earned" those seats. It's really none of their business.

Good for you for keeping an eye on the little boy - you certainly did the right thing. As for those people behind you at the Lion King? I'd have said in a real loud voice that "those beans I ate are starting to kick in" and bent over.

OMG! I just shot iced tea out of my nose!:rotfl:

I would have just ignored them...let it ruin their vacation (not mine).

I remember once how we witnessed two families arguing over how one family wanted to stand up for the parade (they were the only ones standing up), and this Asian family was complaining/asking them to sit, and they responded by saying something like "This is America. It's a free country."

It sounded really rude and condescending of course, but my point is that that "interaction" ruined the parade for both of them because they kept glaring at each other and muttering to each other.

It's just not worth it.

But I would just smile and smile and enjoy the show. I know its wrong, but when you smile and are sweet to people like that , it makes them even angrier! I can't help myself! Thats what I would do. I know, I'm going to heck!:rotfl:

I wouldn't have done or said anything... Don't focus on the negativity nor give them any sense of accomplishment by retorting.

I agree with so many others, I think you did the right thing. Ignore her and enjoy the show. If anything, I'd feel bad for her that they can't just be excited that they are in WDW!!

I wouldve pulled down my shorts a little so she would have some tourist crack to watch since she couldnt see the show. Good for you for doing the right thing helping that child, sorry you didnt get to enjoy the show.

Not what I would have done, but hilarious none the less! Thanks for the laugh out loud!

I would have turned around and said, "yes it is nice having a front row seat", and smile real big.

I probably would have eventually turned around and told her I got VIP seating for helping a lost two year old. Maybe that would have shamed her into shutting up.

People can really be unbelievable. Sorry it ruined your pixie dust. Did you get to meet any performers in the show afterwards?

I probably would have done that- but not saying it would have made any difference or been the right thing to do! I just wouldn't have been able to put up with it eventually and would have had to say something about WHY we were there.
But really it's none of their business and that behavior was uncalled for. Not all disabilities are visible! How does she know that someone in your party isn't in an ECV or wheelchair or something that was left somewhere else at their request? How do they not know you have someone in your party that is disabled that might require seperate seating (I can think of a few that would, especially involving children) or closer seating (thinking along the lines of visual problems, etc.) or something of that nature -a disability they can't SEE? She didn't. And she not only ruined her own time but everyone else around her. :(

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Thanks guys! You're making me feel better! It was REALLY hard not to say something, and I did (somewhat loudly) comment to my husband that it was so nice that we were able to get these seats for finding a lost child, but she was in such a rampage, I doubt she heard me! The 2 ladies seating on the bench beside us knew why we were there (we had talked about it before this woman arrived) and I could tell they were getting really annoyed with her too. Especially because she kept on going during the show! :headache:

Oh, for the PP that asked, we didn't get to meet anyone or anything, just sit in the front row. I never knew they were reserved for VIP. I don't know if they normally are or not, but when we walked up, there was a little card on the bench that said Reserved.

I have no idea what all they use those areas for- but apparently it's used for a variety of reasons... maybe for disabled and/or someone who needs it, obviously for some "pixiedust" as in the case of the OP here and it's really icky that some people have to ruin that for others. And think how much even worse it may have been if the people sitting there had disablities that weren't visible while sitting on that bench... that lady should be ashamed! All she was entitled to is the area given for her for her needs- in a wheelchair. If she doesn't like what area that is- take that up with Disney, not the poor souls sitting in front of her. geesh
:(
I think I would probably have turned around and told her to take it up with the CMs who sat us there! And then 'aplogized' for our pixiedust bothering them.
Besides, there isn't much going on on the floor...most of the action is up higher. I've been seated in those seats behind the shorter front rows...both on the same level pretty much..and my view wasn't all that awful...there were a few things that I missed but nothing worth whining about.

I agree with this. One time we sat way down near the front and while we thought it was awesome- the next time we went to WDW we sat way further up and it was awesome! I have come to learn that sometimes being in the upper area or balconies and such have a better view! Not craning your neck upwards, able to see more without turning head back and forth or craning your neck upwards. Now we always book further up like for Disney on Ice, circus, etc. :)

Ps to the OP- God bless you for taking care of that baby. {{hugs}}

I would have had no problem turning around and asking to tell me their problem to my face instead of whining like spoilt children behind me, I hate it when people have a problem and decide to discuss it out loud so you can hear , if someone had a problem with me like that and took me aside and politely said , is there any chance you could move a little or swap seats I'd defunately consider it, but that kind of rude attitude of self importance that you endured .. After doing such a kind thing , well, it would have made me sit taller and constantly talk to the rest of my group about how wonderful our view was haha ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter