What would you like to see in the new era?

I doubt politics will be a main topic of conversation in the future, unless it's truly needed. It's not an enjoyable subject unless you are really into it. Although I'm never on the shows for various reasons, political topics were often demanded as news stories to cover. While I agree that topics pertaining to Disney tourism should be covered, the expression of certain political viewpoints always alienated a portion of our audience. I feel we've learned from expressing our one-sided opinions and hope to expand moving forward.
Your 100% right ! Look what Politics is doing to Disney right now ! Its a divider. You push a message to support a political agenda and you alienate 50% of your possible audience.

With the channel’s current focus more on dining I personally feel a rating system would be the way to go. Have categories for environment, food, drinks, service & value. Each person giving a score 1-10 for each category with the average of all of these indicating the strength of a restaurant. Maybe have different tiers such as a counter service rating, mid and high sit down restaurant tiers since rating baseline tap house vs the likes of La Cellier is like comparing apples and Florida oranges.

I have only caught a few pages of this thread but wanted to offer my perspective. Something major is missing and for me that’s a regular Tuesday show. I find myself loosing interest in the channel and fear waiting too long for a replacement is going to loose a lot of viewership. I personally don’t care what the show format is, or if it’s live or even on Tuesdays, but it’s the show I set alarms form, planned my days around, got to know and love the team during. I appreciate the new videos and love the new vibe but it’s not enough to hold this channel.
In regards to studio/zoom etc. While I don’t necessarily care, I do find that the banter and chat is missing in the zoom/Skype type shows. There was something different about a group of people sitting around a table together chatting about Disney. You could feel the energy in the room (both the good, and sometimes the bad) but it really helped me get to know the team. Feeling like I knew the team kept me coming back every week, led me to care about their opinions on dining, rides, special events, resorts, cruises etc.
I’m trying to give it time, but I hope something is tried soon. I’m just not as interested in the channel in its current state.
I wholeheartedly agree, let’s be honest a round table discussion is what set the dis apart from the other bloggers out there. Everyone and I mean everyone is in the parks reviewing food or hard ticketed events, it’s so overdone and unless you execute it perfectly it becomes just another Disney Parks vlog.

I'd love to see the family perspective represented. Parents traveling with children are still the biggest part of WDW revenue but the show skews heavily in the other direction.
This. I always felt this was missing on the dis! Every now and then Julie, Teresa or denni would offer something. It was very infrequent especially recently.

I realize that it's been a few weeks since a new post has been made, but I wanted to see how things progressed for a little while.
This is only MY opinion. I won't pretend to think I know what other people are thinking. I really miss the weekly show (The DIS). It was good, informative information and most of the time, very entertaining! I don't have to agree with everything said, either based on opinion or personal experience but what is nice is that, for the most part, it wasn't all good news and pixie dust. It was great to see Disney 'callled out' on a number of issues, especially since COVID gave them an excuse to rip people off.

I realize that it's been a few weeks since a new post has been made, but I wanted to see how things progressed for a little while.
This is only MY opinion. I won't pretend to think I know what other people are thinking. I really miss the weekly show (The DIS). It was good, informative information and most of the time, very entertaining! I don't have to agree with everything said, either based on opinion or personal experience but what is nice is that, for the most part, it wasn't all good news and pixie dust. It was great to see Disney 'callled out' on a number of issues, especially since COVID gave them an excuse to rip people off.
We will be back on October 3 at 1:00 pm on YouTube and released later in the day on audio. If you're subscribed to the DIS Unplugged, you'll notice the name and artwork changing that day, but the show will remain on that channel. If you subscribe to the DIS Unplugged podcast feed wherever you get podcasts then nothing will change. Because it's a new era, we will be starting over the episode count and you'll see the new name and artwork but no other changes.

As we've mentioned I believe in another thread, we still haven't found a space that meets all our needs at a sensible price so we will be doing this show virtually for the time being. We know that it loses some of the magic not being all together in the same space, but we will get there.

As for the show, I have been compiling the feedback since this and other threads have started and taking it all into consideration. There are a few things clear to me. 1) The group discussion helps set us apart and is a staple of the show so that won't be changing. 2) Trip planning might not be the main reason why many listen but it's still important and opens up the dialogue for more discussion so a heavier emphasis on a segment will be placed in each episode. 3) News won't be eliminated but we won't be rigid in a news discussion just because it's how it always has been before. It's not going away, but trimming back to the essentials. 4) Political conversations won't have a place on the show unless it truly impacts your vacation. 5) New voices will be sprinkled in when they can. Our staff is what it is right now. We'd love to add more people. Many of you want to hear outside perspectives. We are going to attempt to have a regular group each week, but if we are discussing certain topics that would benefit by having a different voice then we will do what we can to make that a reality.

Great question...
After many trips I believe most people including myself, look for simple things to do. Activities or simple suggestions that have a such a huge impact on the experience. Every resort has several activities that are unique. Like making your own Sangria at Coronado....Cheers!

I’d like to see a topic about the Main Street Windows and who has been overlooked and is so deserving ?
I know exactly who I would nominate …

I agree with the pp looking into more resort centric activities. There are a plethora of resort guest amenities that are often overlooked/unknown. Some are free, some are additional costs.

And I have yet to see a show do a review of FW and renting a 5th wheel being dropped off at the campsite. Although, I'm confident it has been done, just maybe not by the Dis (I don't recall). It makes for a unique experience for those that don't have a trailer but have done the cabins and want to experience FW differently.

And I have yet to see a show do a review of FW and renting a 5th wheel being dropped off at the campsite. Although, I'm confident it has been done, just maybe not by the Dis (I don't recall). It makes for a unique experience for those that don't have a trailer but have done the cabins and want to experience FW differently.
Tim Tracker has done one in the past. And based on a Twitter post by Jenn it appears they are back there again, so I'd assume they will be putting out another video soon.

But I agree, it's a fun topic to explore.

I unsubscribed from the podcast. It is just a rambling mess with no joy. It seems super forced, ryno doesn't care, craig should not be a host but just a producer/contributor. I may check in again in a few months, or not, to see if things have improved.

I unsubscribed from the podcast. It is just a rambling mess with no joy. It seems super forced, ryno doesn't care, craig should not be a host but just a producer/contributor. I may check in again in a few months, or not, to see if things have improved.
I hope they don't read your comment before today's show! I like John but to have your boss in the room is going to put a damper on things (nothing personal). I know from Zoom work calls half the people clam up if the manager has joined the group - like last week there will be a round of 'yups' when everyone is asked how they are doing. I think Craig does a good job as host, he needs to be more sassy in my opinion - just let rip! Have a couple of other team members join who are naturally bubbly and that will automatically lift the rest of the group up.

I hope they don't read your comment before today's show! I like John but to have your boss in the room is going to put a damper on things (nothing personal). I know from Zoom work calls half the people clam up if the manager has joined the group - like last week there will be a round of 'yups' when everyone is asked how they are doing. I think Craig does a good job as host, he needs to be more sassy in my opinion - just let rip! Have a couple of other team members join who are naturally bubbly and that will automatically lift the rest of the group up.
Yeah I think today’s episode proved my previously-stated theory that J&K’s presence kind of detracts from the show’s energy because it felt much more natural and enjoyable today without them there. It felt like they were free to have a genuine “off-the-rails”-style conversation and it felt more like a podcast than a staff meeting.

Also, I did forget to say that the “boss in the room” element is also a contributing factor when I spelled out my thoughts last week.

Good to see Jackie - perhaps the one upside of the virtual format is they can bring anyone in from any location....bring me some Steve Porter or other fun old faces. Everyone loves a reunion episode.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter