• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you order at...

Raglan road ribs, gnocchi, and bread pudding.

Plaza, burger and sundae

Tony's seafood pasta

Trattoria steak and eggs iced coffee

Homecomin okra fries, fried steak, hummingbird cake.

The only one I've eaten at in years is Raglan Road. I'd get the Let There Be No Rush Pork and bread and butter pudding. Which is exactly what I got when we were there three weeks ago and it was fantastic.

Raglan Road - Soup, Shephard's to Die for Pie, Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding. Imported Draught

The Plaza - Wedge Salad, Plaza Club, Milk Shake (in truth I would probably just get the sandwich and shake)

Tonys - Caprese, Chicken Parm, Cannoli - glass of
Banfi Chianti Superiore, Tuscany

Via Napli -
Prosciutto e Melone,
Fettucine 'Via Napoli'
Tiramisù

Trattoria Breakfast - Buttermilk Pancakes, Bacon, Press Pot of Coffee

Chef Art Smith's - fried green tomatoes, Kitchen Plate, I would skip dessert none look good - Blue Moon to drink (in truth I would never eat here. I'm from Georgia and it's been my experience that "southern" food out unless it's at some small hole in the wall local place, isn't really)

Beaches and Cream - Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Cheese and Bacon Tots, Milkshake

50s - Iceberg lettuce wedge, Cousin Heralds Vegetable Garden, Ice Cream Sundae (Truth, we don't eat here, the food is just too heavy for me but love the bar)

Geyser Point - Smoked Turkey Sandwich, Campfire brownie, draft beer

Be Our Guest - meat and cheese selection, Chicken, vanilla cake with lemon curd (wouldn't get three) a glass of white wine (again, don't eat here, for the price we could eat somewhere else with a better selection)

Raglan Road - Shrimp or Wings, Fish & Chips, Bread Pudding and a Harp Lager or a Pimm's & Soda ( maybe 1 or each)

Plaza - taking a pass

Tony's - Caprese , Shrimp Alfredo, Cannoli and Chardonnay

Via Napoli - Caprese, Quattro Formaggi Pizza ( aka White Pizza), Cannoli and a Chardonnay or Italian beer ( or 1 of each)

Trattoria - another pass

Chef Art's - Hush puppies, Fried Chicken & Donuts, Chocolate Peacan Pie & Chardonnay

Beaches & Cream - Grilled Cheese with Bacon, Onion Rings , Strawberry Shortcake & Yuengling.

50's PTC - Onion Rings, Fried Chicken, Apple Crisp ala Mode and either a Fess Parker Chardonnay or MacMurray Pinot Noir ( maybe 1 of each)

Geyser's - another pass

Be Our Guest - Lobster Bisque, Filet and the Wine Sampler ( maybe 2) . None of the desserts do anything for me but if part of the Pre Fixe would give them a taste.

Raglan Road - absolutely love this restaurant and I want to order either the Bangers and Mash or Risotto with chicken and of course the bread pudding.

The Plaza - the menu just doesn't appeal but the loaded fries or plaza club...I guess.

Tony's - another restaurant with no appeal - but the shrimp alfredo or chicken parm

Via Napoli (wow they have really chopped that menu) - now the Quatro Formaggi pizza or the Margherita pizza.

Trattoria al Forno - Buttermilk Pancakes with sausage

Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' - (My favorite Pre-Covid meal) - Bunch of Puppies (oh my goodness so light and delicious not like any other hushpuppy I have had), The Fried Chicken and a Kitchen Plate with roasted sweet potatoes, biscuits, green beans, and Hummingbird Cake. The portions are huge I would split the meal with my family.

Beaches and Cream - Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Tomato Bisque and a side order of Tater Tots and a No Way Jose.

50's Prime Time Cafe - (not as great as it used to be) - Crab Cake and either the Aunt Liz's Fried Chicken or the Sampler Platter

Geyser Point - I haven't been there it is on my list for December 2021 and I want to try that Bison Cheeseburger :)

Be Our Guest - (Another restaurant that doesn't appeal now that it is a signature meal. I would go somewhere else for a signature meal) French Onion Soup and the Filet Mignon.

This was fun!

Glad the OP asked this question-many of these are on my "want to try" list. And I noticed that at 50s Prime Time (where I've eaten) Grandma's Chicken Pot Pie is no longer on the menu, so I had to find something new.

Mine are based on allergy-friendly menus as I'm gluten-free. Also, I can't find all the current allergy menus (or any in some cases), so if I have an answer it's based on regular allergy menus that I can find. Keep in mind that not all of them are updated with the limits, so it may be old information.

Raglan Road Dinner - sadly I can't find their gluten-friendly menu, so I'm not sure what is safe and what isn't.

The Plaza Lunch - I haven't been here, but I'd probably do the Wedge Salad and Loaded Fries. Dessert, I'd honestly just get a Mickey bar at a cart or go over and get a Dole Whip.

Tony's Town Square Dinner - I haven't been here, but I'd probably do the Caprese Salad and Allergy-friendly Grilled Chicken Parmigiana. See above for dessert options.

Via Napoli Dinner - This is a skip based on lack of gluten-free options.

Trattoria al Forno Breakfast - I've only eaten here as a character breakfast and I got Ursula's Cauldron. Not sure if they have an alternate version of that on the current non-character allergy menu.

Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' Dinner - I wouldn't go here. Too few gluten-free options. (Deviled eggs are the devil IMHO.)

Beaches & Cream Lunch - Cheese and Bacon Tots with shredded cheese rather than cheese sauce, either the burger or the chicken bacon ranch sandwich, and a gluten-free fudge mudslide

50's Primetime Dinner - Since I'm usually solo, I'd honestly probably skip this one. But if I were with people who really wanted to go...I'd just do an iceberg wedge and the s'mores dessert. None of the entree options that are gluten-free appeal to me.

Geyser Point Lunch - I have heard nothing but amazing things about the bison burger - if they don't have gluten-free buns, I'd probably order it without the bun.

Be Our Guest Dinner - I'd ask if they could do the French Onion Soup gluten-free (should be simple enough - they could when it was QS lunch by leaving the bread out), otherwise I'd probably deal with the lobster bisque but not eat all of it, filet mignon, and dark chocolate truffles

Raglan Road - Bangers and mash. Braised beef (recommended by servers; they are right). Side order of peas - wow.

The only one I've eaten at in years is Raglan Road. I'd get the Let There Be No Rush Pork and bread and butter pudding. Which is exactly what I got when we were there three weeks ago and it was fantastic.

Thanks for that. I wondered about ordering the pork - now I will next month. Had my recommendations last month.

I love all of these answers! Thank you all! I have had some of these items, but have some more to add to my list :)

I didn't realize how much Via Napoli cut back their menu. I usually get a pasta there but none are on the current menu that I previously ordered. So probably a pizza. They also don't appear to have the stew we liked at Raglan Road. Sorry for the off-topic posts.

Raglan Road - Fish and chips or the roast chicken. Both are delicious. bread pudding for dessert and a Smithwick's to drink!
The Plaza - Plaza loaded fries, club sandwich, Coke. Skip dessert there and go for a Dole Whip!
Tony's - fried mozzarella, shrimp fettucini alfredo, prosecco. Skip dessert and go for another Dole Whip :)
Via Napoli - caprese salad, large margherita pizza, tiramisu. Red wine to drink.
Trattoria - Steak and eggs
Homecomin - fried green tomatoes, fried chicken, hummingbird cake, Moonshine mash.
50s Prime Time - Fried chicken and a Coke float
Geyser Point - Bison cheeseburger
Be Our Guest - french onion soup, filet mignon, white chocolate chip cup, wine sampler.

This was fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter