• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would YOU pack/What would you NOT pack?

If you have smaller children it is handy to pack a full outfit (socks, undies & clothes) in a gallon size zip lock baggie. You can squish the air out of them so they are pretty flat and will pack nice then you have the baggies to use if you should need them. It also makes it easy to just pull out a change of clothes without having to dig through stuff or find stuff that matches. Space saver, time saver :thumbsup2

Even better, google "packing cubes". They work for adults and children. We LOVE them.

A watch or clip-on pocket watch! I don't wear one at home since I always have my phone to check the time. Planning to ease off the iPhone on board but need something for the time so I'm not late to Mixology!

You might want to turn your phone to airplane mode and use the Navigator app....so much easier and convenient in my opinion than carrying around the paper version.

Regarding OTC medication: I didn't pack any for the fantasy and my DD (19 months) decided to cut two molars at the same time - we needed baby Tylenol! The stores were closed but not the medical centre. They were super helpful and we quickly had generic drugs (HUGE bottle!) for only $3.50. Hubby had a cold, no problem! Contact C and Vicks was available for a reasonable amount. We won't ever pack OTC again because it was available and reasonable. Why stock up and fill your suitcase with things you might not need? (Sunscreen is available but NOT reasonable, bring sunscreen!!!)

Regarding OTC medication: I didn't pack any for the fantasy and my DD (19 months) decided to cut two molars at the same time - we needed baby Tylenol! The stores were closed but not the medical centre. They were super helpful and we quickly had generic drugs (HUGE bottle!) for only $3.50. Hubby had a cold, no problem! Contact C and Vicks was available for a reasonable amount. We won't ever pack OTC again because it was available and reasonable. Why stock up and fill your suitcase with things you might not need? (Sunscreen is available but NOT reasonable, bring sunscreen!!!)
Because, for some of us, it doesn't take up much space in our bags, and it's convenient.

A bottle of anti-bacterial liquid hand soap, they only have bar soap on board and I hate washing my hands with that so I just packed a new bottle I had from bath and Body Works in my backpack so we could use it as soon as we got to our room, now anytime I use that scent it reminds me of being on the ship!

If you have smaller children it is handy to pack a full outfit (socks, undies & clothes) in a gallon size zip lock baggie. You can squish the air out of them so they are pretty flat and will pack nice then you have the baggies to use if you should need them. It also makes it easy to just pull out a change of clothes without having to dig through stuff or find stuff that matches. Space saver, time saver :thumbsup2

This is a great idea. Will be doing this next time.

we will bring 2 spi-belts, a very small version of a fanny pack, for our kids to carry their wave phones in. The wave phones are too big to fit in their pockets, and its a family rule that they must text us and let us know where they are going at all times, This belt is tiny and will fit under a shirt, so it's not "dorky" looking for our kids. The wave phones cost $250 if they are lost. That's an expensive souvenir:)

Documents. Double check now that yours are where you think they are and that they are not expired.

Meds, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, swimsuit: all in a carry-on to start using ship right away.

Less clothing. Far less. A nice outfit only if going to Remy or Palo. After that, you probably don't need what you think you need.

Not that.

Not that either.

Nope.

No, you don't need that.

Nope.

Maybe that sundress, because it doesn't take up any room.

Not that.

Not that either.

I know you think you need that thing, but you don't.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I am saying all of this with a smile. Truly, we have overpacked every cruise. For a three night Bahamas, you just don't need much at all. Have fun!!

I'm going to read this again when I start packing!!! I LOVE IT!!! I am the first person that over packs and every trip I tell myself not to do it but my husband catches me every time. I am packing for 6 nights at DW and 3 nights on the Disney Dream for 4. Since we are driving I am packing the land clothes in one suite case and the sea clothes in another. This way we don't have to take anything on the boat we don't need. Loving this thread. It's very helpful.

From Dollar Tree I stock up on over the counter meds (allergy, pain, band aids, antibiotic, etc), bathroom pump soap for the split bathroom sinks, travel size laundry detergent, and a huge laundry bag (got it for a few dollars at Target). At the end of the cruise we put our dirty laundry in it and tie it off. Makes plenty of room in the luggage for souvenirs, FE gifts, etc. the clean clothes get placed in zipper bags with air squeezed out. Plenty of space to fit everything.

One tip I got from here was to bring a collapsible laundry hamper/basket. I actually got the basket. It was great, a place to put dirty laundry in in our cabin (with kids a designated spot is a must!) and then I could carry it down to do laundry. And it was easy to transport folded laundry back to our room without it all wrinkling.

Thanks everyone for your tips, it will be our first cruise in September and I am already thinking about what to pack, or should I say unpack. As we will be in the USA for 3 weeks prior to our cruise I am thinking I will repack stuff and take less luggage on to the ship (there is 6 of us) and hoping our resort will hold the remaining luggage for when we return.

A few other things that I am not sure were mentioned:
A alarm clock
Nightlight for bathroom
Magnets for stateroom door
Extra empty bags for stuff you bought and didn't have room in your luggage for.
Waterproof case/sleeve for ID while on CC
Beachbag for CC for all your junk and items that get sandy
waterproof camera
Bugspray
Water shoes
More than one bathing suit and a cover up
Ginger pills and losenges / medicine
Something for disney character signatures (and markers)

Enjoy your trip!!
:cool2:

One thing I'm doing this cruise since the over the door shoe holders are out is a hanging jewelry holder. The pockets are smaller but I can hang it from a hanger in the closet and keep smaller item like camera batteries etc. in that are the things that get lost in. I' bummed about the power strips, I just bought a new Belkin one but oh well. Less is more!

Do you pack a full outfit (shorts & tee shirt) for each child for each day? Do you pack an evening outfit per night for them as well? Seems like a lot of clothes. First time cruiser-with-kids. Thanks!

I would make sure that each child has 1 playshirt per day and maybe an extra 1 or 2. If it is hot you may need more than one a day. Pants I tend to pack less of.

As far as dinner clothes for a boy I will pack 1 pair of pants and 2 dinner shirts. For a girl a couple of dinner outfits.

One thing I'm doing this cruise since the over the door shoe holders are out is a hanging jewelry holder. The pockets are smaller but I can hang it from a hanger in the closet and keep smaller item like camera batteries etc. in that are the things that get lost in. I' bummed about the power strips, I just bought a new Belkin one but oh well. Less is more!

You could take a cheap over the door hanger from target that has the metal hooks through grommets, and remove the hooks, then put the hanger on on of the pants hangers in the closet and push it all the way up against the wall by the door. It's in the closet, but if the closet door isn't closed, it's almost as convenient and can be hidden when the door is closed.

My must pack, a couple of sarongs, they're great for cover ups on the beach, shading a kiddo when they're sleeping, my daughter even used one for a dress in the MDR one night.

Hi - although you are discouraged from regular over the door hangers - I purchase the soft ones at IKEA. They fasten with Velcro over the closet rail and provide extra shelving to the floor. Great for shoes, clothes, whatever you want to keep.

Hi lighters- one color per person to help with planning who goes where.
for older kids/ adults post it's in the same color as their highlighter for door notes. The color makes it easy to see at a glance
I like to use lanyards with id pockets for key cards and a place for older kids to keep reminder notes or contact info for new friends - swimsuits don't have pockets :)
Sea band
a locker mirror to see the back of my hair
Aloe jell for sunburn

we will bring 2 spi-belts, a very small version of a fanny pack, for our kids to carry their wave phones in. The wave phones are too big to fit in their pockets, and its a family rule that they must text us and let us know where they are going at all times, This belt is tiny and will fit under a shirt, so it's not "dorky" looking for our kids. The wave phones cost $250 if they are lost. That's an expensive souvenir:)

I was looking into these belts -- which one do you have? There are different size options -- what's the smallest one that will fit the wave phone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter