• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you pick ?

Meka003

Mouseketeer
We are coming down in August. Its been 3 years since we have been there. Kids will be 9 and 5.
Last time we went we got a sitter for one night and had the most amazing night out, great dinner and MK just laughing and having fun. We were there for 6 days last time.

This time will be Universal Studios 3 days and then 7 days Disney.
If you had to pick just one , what would you do. I cant swing more than one "extra"

MNSSHP- we have never been , we are not typically late night people but the next day is our "rest" day so we could try and "get our $ worth"

Pirates and Pals Fireworks

or

Use the new Pixar Play at Contemporary to have our one night out...I know the 5 yr old will have a blast just not sure if this is on the young side for the 9 yr old. But a date night sounds amazing, we dont have them often here with how busy our kids are...

Thanks for helping me choose!

Last edited:
We don’t have many date nights around here either so having one at Disney sounds amazing! BUT if you’ve never done mnsshp I would highly recommend that. We went for the first time last year and it’s my most favorite thing we’ve done on any trip. I would definitely say you should take some time to make a plan for your must do’s and such, there’s always a great thread on here to help. And I think your kids are at a great age to enjoy the party.

Date night! You’re kids are already having the time of their lives here. Let them have one evening at the kids club (or even use one of the babysitting services at your resort), while you two go out and have a relaxing, child free, evening. You deserve it!

Give yourself a grown-up night out. The kids will have a blast no matter what. You deserve some time to yourselves. Long vacations can be surprisingly exhausting with younger kids, and you'll treasure the chance to focus on your spouse.

We have always loved our date nights at Disney, especially with all of the amazing new places at Disney Springs. DS always loved the kids clubs too. Unfortunately, he's too old now, 12. We are in a weird transition period, where he's too old for a sitter but not old enough to stay by himself away from home. I think it's good for everyone to get some separation on vacation when you can; the break really cuts down on the tension. Most of us are not used to spending that much together time with our family, when you really think about it.

Happy wife, happy life!
(Date night! And I bet the kids will love Pixar Place anyway. But MNSSHP - while I'd like to see it (we also go in August) - my kids aren't that excited b/c its too far out from Oct. 31 and so hot they didn't want to wear their costumes. So YMMV on that. The kids will have plenty of fun at the parks with you - I think the date night sounds great.)

Personally I would do MNSSHP. If you never have been, it's a must do. It's a really great party!

Date night! the new pixar play at the contemporary sounds really great, I know kids who have done Lilo's Playhouse and had a blast (they had way more fun with the young and friendly CM's there than they would have had with mom and dad) so it really is a win win situation! Look into the pixar program, the kids are set to do some really fun and engaging stuff! :)

MNSSHP. Dress up in a family costume, take the kids trick-or-treating in the Magic Kingdom at night, ride and see the fireworks and meet the characters in their Halloween costumes. This is a family event- your kids will love it. I'd save date night for home, not while on vacation with my kids.

We did both last time- MNSSHP and a date night. My favorite was MNSSHP!!! The Boo-to-you parade was awesome! Seeing Jack and Sally, eating tons of candy, the Sanderson sisters, plus low ride wait times- it's all great and your kids are the perfect age for it. We went in early Sept and I swear, I was in the "holiday spirit" for Halloween for the next 8 weeks. We had such a great time at MNSSHP that we're planning our next trip for Christmas so we can compare MVMCP.

But really, either way you can't go wrong. Hope your trip is awesome!!!

MNSSHP for sure. I think of it this way, I can do a romantic date night with DH at home( for a lot cheaper!). MNSSHP is my personal all time favorite " extra" at DW. The fireworks and parade are outstanding and worth the price of admission alone.

If you can’t do date night and MNSSHP, I would do date night in your situation.

It sounds like you don’t get a lot of date nights at home and you have a really long trip(10 days).

Having that adult break in the middle may be perfect for you.

That's a tough one. I love MNSSHP and think it's a great event, but I also truly feel that Disney is (and should be) a place for adults to have fun by themselves, as well. The next time we visit we plan on doing both these things you mention.

I guess I'd analyze it based on when you think your next trip will be. If you're planning to do your next trip in a year, then it doesn't much matter what you pick. But, if it's going to be another 3+ year stretch in between trips, then the next time you might get a chance to try the Halloween party it would be with pre-teens. And that would be an entirely different experience.

I would do date night. I'm in the same boat as you are. We rarely get to go out alone and I would love to ride some thrill rides with my husband again, since my daughter is still a chicken about some of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter