What would you pick

memakwed

DIS Veteran
Trying to shake things up this trip and adding a few new eats.
What do you think of 1900pf breakfast, storybook dining dinner, alohadinner show, Satu’li canteen for lunch?

We’ve got our favorites in the rotation already these are just ones I’m curious about that we haven’t tried but could make time for if they’re worth a try.

Trying to shake things up this trip and adding a few new eats.
What do you think of 1900pf breakfast, storybook dining dinner, alohadinner show, Satu’li canteen for lunch?

We’ve got our favorites in the rotation already these are just ones I’m curious about that we haven’t tried but could make time for if they’re worth a try.
1900 Park Fare is a choice that includes one of the 'better' buffets at Disney that is 'on-par' with places like Cape May...so the other choice is about characters - Alice, Mad Hatter, and photo-op with Tigger. I prefer the food at many places, but none that have characters too. I prefer Goofy (Cape May) :goofy:, but my child (the Alice fan) would chose to go to Park Fare every vacation (GF is wonderful).

Storybook Dining - I guess, it kinda' depends on where you're traveling from, because going resort-to-resort is not always that easy at Disney. Taking the boat from the Contemporary (where we stay) can be charming, but the hassle (in the rain) can sometimes be a bit much for us. However, I have taken to using the reasonably convenient Minnie Vans (by Lyft).

Aloha Show - we prefer the laughs at Hoop Dee Doo (and that's a hassle getting to/from). But we certainly enjoy both shows.
Here's a review:
https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/spirit-of-aloha-luau-review-at-disneys-polynesian-village-resort/
Satu'li Canteen - Santu'li is one of our favorite indoor qwik service places.; our qs favorite in AK. We're OK with the 'bowls', but the food and ordering process is not for everyone. Also, I have been eating 'baos' for 50 years, but find the ones here, called 'pods', off-putting. We 'graze' in AK - maybe a snack at Santu'li, maybe a stop at Nomad Lounge (the spicy cauliflower is outstanding), maybe even some buffalo nachos at the outdoor Trilo-Bites.

For me - if I was spending your money - I'd chose either the Aloha Show (because adults like shows), or Storybook Dining. From what I've read, I'm likely to enjoy the food at Storybook over the Show....and I like Snow White too. 🤫

Last edited:
I’m not to worried about getting to locations we’re pretty savvy in getting around. Aloha dinner show seems to be so mixed or have negative reviews but my parents wanted to try it but I just don’t feel it’s worth it. I was hoping to hear some positives since it’s been around forever.

I’m not to worried about getting to locations we’re pretty savvy in getting around. Aloha dinner show seems to be so mixed or have negative reviews but my parents wanted to try it but I just don’t feel it’s worth it. I was hoping to hear some positives since it’s been around forever.
Sorry, but I honestly can't say anything positive about it. The food we had was just plain gross, we couldn't see anything even though we booked first tier seating because the whole first tier goes deep and is not tiered we were right in the back corner of the first tier section behind lots of other people, the show was hard to follow and a bit disjointed: didn't seem like one act had any connection to the other and none were super interesting, and the worst part is it is outdoors and so was hot and muggy. And it was the most expensive meal we had except CRT.

Tried 1900 park fare and SC for the first time in July and I loved them both.

Havent been to the other 2

Love Storybook Dining! The theming is beautiful and it a nice change to have a plated character meal instead of a buffet. We found the food to be excellent. The blackberry margarita (Evil to the Core I think) may be the best cocktail I’ve had on Disney property.

1900 Park Fare breakfast is great! It’s probably the best breakfast character buffet we’ve been to food-wise. Many choices that are a little more eclectic in addition to the basics (lox with toppings, cheese blintzes, eggs Benedict, etc.).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter