What wrist watches do you wear?

Magic Band on left wrist and Garmin Fenix 5 on right wrist typically, Rolex or Omega if going out to dinner.

Thanks for the responses, I am torn between the apple watch ultra (but the puck does not fit on the ocean band) or a cheap Swatch where the puck fits. I love the magic bands and have an embarrassing amount of them but I can't wear anything on my right wrist just feels odd.

@DonMacGregor My Rolex is not an option as I would not leave it in the room - I don't trust hotel safes and the S/D has daily housekeeping. How do you manage it? I do travel with it for work but it never leaves my wrist.

@DonMacGregor My Rolex is not an option as I would not leave it in the room - I don't trust hotel safes and the S/D has daily housekeeping. How do you manage it? I do travel with it for work but it never leaves my wrist.
Full disclosure: I’m not averse to leaving a watch or laptop in a hotel safe. Yes, I know you can buy a key on the internet, but in my 58 years circling the sun, I’ve never met anyone who’s ever had anything taken from a hotel safe. Apparently it does happen, but it must not be that common. I’ve been known to leave valuables with the front desk at hotels as well. Underlying all that: I have a jewelry rider on my homeowners insurance that specifically covers my watches and my wife’s engagement ring. Everything is photographed and receipts (as well as current appraisals for the ring and one of the watches) are all in our safe at home (insurance carrier has them too).

Last edited:

Apple watch on left, MB on right. I have many dozens of MBs from all the years they were free and would match my outfit daily. I've bought a couple special ones--DVC Dooney, WDW 50th. And recently I was gifted a DL Magic Key MB+, which will be my go-to until the next thing comes along.
I like the Apple watch as a sort of alert when I get a call or text...I can see it well enough to tell if it's worth pulling my phone out, but as someone else stated it's too small for old eyes to really read. And I use it for step tracking.
I also have a delicate little silver Mickey head bracelet that I wear on either wrist.

I don't have an watch that's tied to my phone. Just a plain old analog Citizen that I bought on a cruise 10 years ago when my other watch died. And my Magic Band of course.

Apple Watch has worked nicely for me getting into the parks recent trips. Unfortunately this last trip it never worked for opening my room, nor my phone. So it was Apple Watch on wrist, key card in pocket situation. Except I kept forgetting my key card, so by the end of the trip I had acquired like 5 key cards.

I'm not a super big watch person... Have a couple mid-level watches, and will never make the splurge to the super luxury phase.

While on vacation the last thing I want to do is be tied to a watch. I wear my MB+ if I remember it, otherwise I just use my phone. The phone is necessary for MDE, or I'd love to get rid of that while on the trip as well. Looking forward to trying the MB+ on our upcoming cruises.

I wore a Patek Philippe watch when I dined at Victoria & Alberts and coincidently, Queen Victoria actually helped put Patek on the map in the 1851 when she acquired the first keyless pocket watch.

When in the parks, I have worn a Rolex Submariner or Rolex Daytona.

Magic Band on my right wrist. While I have a modest collection of watches, I rarely wear them since getting an iphone. Will pass the better ones down to my son including my fathers 18 KT Movado pocket watch from 1920 and my Gene Audrey watch from the 1950's. My own Movado gifted to me by DW at the wedding and my Fender Strat will both be buried with me to give me something to pass the "time".

I wore a Patek Philippe watch when I dined at Victoria & Alberts and coincidently, Queen Victoria actually helped put Patek on the map in the 1851 when she acquired the first keyless pocket watch.

Love the Watches!

It’s usually a Breitling or an IWC with a puck holder for me. Don’t want to wear anything that I’d worry about banging against a ride vehicle. Some days as an alternate I’ll switch to my Casio Mudmaster or other G-Shock, or a Seiko Monster.

I’d never consider bringing a Patek or a Rolex to the parks. Those types of watches are pretty much safe queens for me these days. The scratch on my Sea Dweller crystal reminds me that I’m too rough on my watches these days.

I'll bring my Datejust 2 or Milgauss with me for evening wear, but I'm usually wearing my Garmic Fenix 7 in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter