• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whatcha Reading?! =)

tumblr_lg6o3cXhTu1qdrz3oo1_r3_500.gif

Thank you JK Rowling for creating books where girls can kick some serious butt! :goodvibes

I feel the gif above represents the situation of girls in modern literature. (heehee I use big words!) :woohoo:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Nice choice of words ;)

well, i know it's supposed to be serious, but it's funny!

Don't worry it's supposed to be funny!!! Take a look at the last few pages of the Post Waster thread. I posted so many icons bashing twilight it's not even funny (it sooooo is) There are a bunch that are "Why Ron/Hermione pwn Edward/Bella.

Don't worry it's supposed to be funny!!! Take a look at the last few pages of the Post Waster thread. I posted so many icons bashing twilight it's not even funny (it sooooo is) There are a bunch that are "Why Ron/Hermione pwn Edward/Bella.

I saw those. They are awesome and so TRUE!

I'm almost done with Sense and Sensibility, it was really good. Funnier than I expected it to be.

I've just finished reading the first kingdom keepers book. I'm flying to the us next Friday for my next Disney holiday and will be trying to buy the other books. Does anyone know where i can buy the books from in Disney or in the Kissimmee area (where were staying in our villa)

I get mine at Books a Million or Barnes & Noble..if you're near one. Other than those I can't think of a store that has them in the park..though it may just be escaping me

I just finished the Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan....I thought it was really good and I also loved the first one (Red Pyramid)
Speaking of strong female characters, Sadie is a pretty good lead, she kicks serious butt and doesn't let anybody tell her what to do!

I am also starting the City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare. I really liked the first one and I read Clockwork Angel before and thought that one was really good also! However, I am getting tired of the love triangle dealio.....(ahem Twilight....cough cough...)

And speaking of more HP female characters I think Luna is a good role model because she is the symbol of truth, honesty, and friendship:)

I just started reading the first Percy Jackson book last night. It's good, but it's kinda strange.

I just started reading the first Percy Jackson book last night. It's good, but it's kinda strange.

It's supposed to be. And the book is much better than the movie. They left out a whole plot line in the movie,as well as messed up some oof the details.

It's supposed to be. And the book is much better than the movie. They left out a whole plot line in the movie,as well as messed up some of the details.
I always like to read the book before the movie (really, who doesn't), so I can't really compare yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter