What's $2100 to you? Poly vs Pop

These are so difficult to answer without projecting your own feelings onto others lol

The Poly is my family's favorite place, is it $200+ per night better than other hotels on property? From a pure logistical and tangible perspective I personally do not think so, but the key variable that sways it that way is just the 'feeling' my family gets from just being there. I know others have touched on it, but for some there is just a special feel about being there, even for me (Poly is not my #1), it is the hotel that makes me really feel I am at Disney as opposed to simply stopping through. So what is $2100 to you? Well its a lot of money! As others have said, its another visit, its a few annual passes! But it will all depend on how special the place is to you, there is always a price for 'magic' it all just depends on if that 'magic' is worth it to you and your family.

As a hybrid, we virtually always do split stays when we go for 2+ weeks. 1 Week at a more cost effective hotel, 2 weeks or so at our preferred choice (maybe even 1week + 1week, so 3 locations overall). That way we get all the magic we need without necessarily breaking the bank and getting an element of buyers remorse.

Just some things to reflect upon....

POP .. I have stayed at almost every resort on property, even for engaged at poly but the way they have raised the costs so high never again ... not even close to worth it for me . I actually planned on not going back but the kids ( older now ) begged for a short trip in June so I got a all stars for 3 days ( 350.00 total ) .
I absolutely ( just me of course ) would never again spend 2100.00 on a Disney resort .. not when that could pay for a better / longer vacation elsewhere. This is just MY opinion and you should stay where YOU want obviously, don’t decide on what someone else thinks or you will regret your choice .

I totally agree with what you are saying. Unless you are rich, staying at Disney has become more out of reach for the working class. The value resorts do still allow many to go to Disney but there are many people who still even given these really quite honestly, fancy motels, are even out of some peoples reach. Do you think that Walt Disney had that in mind when he created Disney? How expensive it is kind of ticks me off but I still can't get away from it because no matter what it costs, there is no place else I would rather vacation with my family. But we have to do it with a discount and we have to wait longer in between trips and I don't think I can afford the Poly anymore but I am absolutely excited about the Animal Kingdom price. Yes, it's still expensive but it ends up $930 less than the Polynesian. It's kind of that middle of the road. I was happy to do Port Orleans Riverside again but the kids really wanted Animal Kingdom, especially Tina, my 19 year old; she says its been her lifelong dream to stay at the Animal Kingdom. Ha, ha;so dramatic!

I totally agree with what you are saying. Unless you are rich, staying at Disney has become more out of reach for the working class. The value resorts do still allow many to go to Disney but there are many people who still even given these really quite honestly, fancy motels, are even out of some peoples reach. Do you think that Walt Disney had that in mind when he created Disney? How expensive it is kind of ticks me off but I still can't get away from it because no matter what it costs, there is no place else I would rather vacation with my family. But we have to do it with a discount and we have to wait longer in between trips and I don't think I can afford the Poly anymore but I am absolutely excited about the Animal Kingdom price. Yes, it's still expensive but it ends up $930 less than the Polynesian. It's kind of that middle of the road. I was happy to do Port Orleans Riverside again but the kids really wanted Animal Kingdom, especially Tina, my 19 year old; she says its been her lifelong dream to stay at the Animal Kingdom. Ha, ha;so dramatic!

Yes. I think Walt created the parks for people to spend the day together, but also as a business. He did it to make money.

And I really like the fancy motels. Sure, they may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if some people would rather upgrade and spend more on a nicer resort, the cost is on them. Totally their prerogative to spend that extra money, but a trip could be done for less.

Oh, and the value resorts were totally out of reach of my parents when I was growing up. I didn't take my first trip until I was almost 30. I don't think a trip to WDW is quite the rite of passage that some think it is.

Yes. I think Walt created the parks for people to spend the day together, but also as a business. He did it to make money.

And I really like the fancy motels. Sure, they may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if some people would rather upgrade and spend more on a nicer resort, the cost is on them. Totally their prerogative to spend that extra money, but a trip could be done for less.

Oh, and the value resorts were totally out of reach of my parents when I was growing up. I didn't take my first trip until I was almost 30. I don't think a trip to WDW is quite the rite of passage that some think it is.

My biggest issue is even for a value resort 5-6 day package or even just room only costs more then being able to travel bigger places .. that finally started to bug me and I can’t justify it anymore especially after going so many times . I think obviously some people have no urge to go other places but I think after so many years I will travel to actual places instead of the EPCOT version . Hahaha
The amount people decide what is ok for Disney is a personal choice no doubt , but for us we had to cut Disney .. the crowds , fast passes months out , parking fees , room checks and just over all higher costs was enough .

Hello! I just wanted to let everyone know what we chose. In the end, we decided that we didn't want Poly but we didn't want Pop either. We chose Animal Kingdom!

You will LOVE AKL!!! We have stayed there 3 times and we loved it! We switched to the GF for the past 2 years and will be going back to AKL next time. I just miss seeing the animals on my balcony each night! Enjoy!!

It's $2100 difference. I love Poly but Pop is fun. Obviously 2 different vacations; what do u think?
I would think that $2100 could be used to book some special events - dessert parties, maybe an after hours or early morning magic. Plan some special dinners. For that big a difference i would save the money and put it towards some unique experiences and you will probably still come out with some savings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter