What's annoying you about your home right now?

Too many people in it. :rotfl2:

I've got two college students still at home and one 20 something who is still trying to find something affordable. I mean the house is big enough for all of us but I figured by now more than two of the five would have moved out. Also I need to remodel the bathroom but I won't do that until at two more move out. The youngest will probably never move out which is fine. I just want some quiet.

Nothing. I love my house. We just moved in 3 1/2 years ago after downsizing from a much larger house. The memories of the clutter we had accumulated, the repairs that need to be done and feeling like it was never truly clean are still fresh. We dumped everything we didn't need during the move. This house was remodeled and move-in ready, so everything is so pretty and new. The only thing I would change is that our townhouse doesn't have a driveway and guests have to park down on the street and walk up to our house. It's a bit of an annoyance, but not a huge issue.

It's dirty ....and driving me crazy. I am laid up and can't do much cleaning.
DH is going to try tomorrow but it won't be the way I want it until I can do it.......but it will be somewhat better

It's dirty ....and driving me crazy. I am laid up and can't do much cleaning.
DH is going to try tomorrow but it won't be the way I want it until I can do it.......but it will be somewhat better
This. I had an unfortunate series of events over Christmas that resulted in weeks of extreme pain and the meds/treatment completely sapped my energy. I absolutely HAD to keep going to work, so dragging myself there and functioning at a minimum has been pretty much all I've had in me. I'm finally on the mend and I've got to get it together.

The thing that is annoying me the most is that it is not finished remodeling enough that we can move into it and we started almost a year ago.

This. I had an unfortunate series of events over Christmas that resulted in weeks of extreme pain and the meds/treatment completely sapped my energy. I absolutely HAD to keep going to work, so dragging myself there and functioning at a minimum has been pretty much all I've had in me. I'm finally on the mend and I've got to get it together.
Good luck.
I did wipe the kitchen countertops today, and the stainless appliances and the glass.
That's all I can do. It took forever. I can't move around well or carry things or bend down.

Too big. I’m ready to downsize. DH doesn’t want the hassle. I tell him we should do it now in our 40s as it will be much harder later. However, it is paid off and most downsize homes are more expensive than what we would get and we don’t want a mortgage.

Good luck.
I did wipe the kitchen countertops today, and the stainless appliances and the glass.
That's all I can do. It took forever. I can't move around well or carry things or bend down.
:hug: Those are what I call "small, attainable goals" and I TOTALLY understand. Get well soon.

Too cluttered.
I, too, was reasonably out of commission for most of December and January. While the dishes get done and the countertops wiped down every night, and DH vacuumed about every 10 days, I feel like the piles are creeping up on me, right up to my earlobes. NOTHING is put away, everything is either within arm's reach for me (orthopedic issue) or stacked and piled around the rest of the house for convenience. I get it: It was the holidays, the other 3 adults were working full time and trying to make up for my lack of ability, but now that I am mostly mobile it's making me crazy. I am finally able to hobble around the house on one crutch so I can start putting things away, but being sick and/or off my feet for the better part of six weeks has also slowed me down. I know it'll get better, but right now I'm just so annoyed with the "fullness" of my house.

A leak in the roof near the chimney. It's small and I tried to patch it, but didn't quite get it right apparently. It's getting time I will need to replace the roof anyway, but was hoping it could hang in there a tad longer. We'll see.

Too many things. Mostly that I’ve been waiting over 40 years for landscaping. My husband keeps putting it off cause he needs to do some work around the foundation and he hasn’t done it yet. Also our 2 bedrooms are upstairs and the only bathroom is downstairs.

All the projects that remain. We've done A LOT over 6 years (remodeled 5 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms, painted all the interior, new chandelier in foyer, put in iron double front doors, 2 new concrete driveways and walkway, changed pool over to salt water, two new AC's and furnace, changed kitchen backsplash, new lighting fixtures, and in general always fixing something). But some big ticket items remain: roof, painting exterior, gutters, need to tear down pool house, re-do patio and some updates to pool.

There are a few things but really the main thing is storage and organization. There are things that I need to take to goodwill and things that need to go to the dump.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter