What's changed with new resorts

chunkygal

Mouseketeer
we've been members since 1995. We have Boardwalk and HH points.
We are currently (right now!) staying at Saratoga springs since this was the only availabilty when I called. We normally stay at BW or OKW.
Some observations:

This resort is very very nice, but what a change in size/privacy from OKW,HH. The kitchen and living room are "mini's". THe washer/dryer a closet not a room....but hey I don't come here to do laundry.At OKW and others the
master bed goes to a porch, not here, just windows and you can't open.
And If I open my window shades, the people on the adjacent porches are looking right in! At OKW from a porch it is hard to see anyone, much less become intimate with them.

I realize they have probably learned how to economize and resize, but I hope there is an end to the trend or it will be no more than a glorified hotel room.

the decor is nice,very nice...but it is hard for more than one person to be in the kitchen and no dinner table as such. Still it's hard to complain at the happiest place on earth.:love: :love:

I think if I was thinking of buying I'd get a resale at the larger sites.
Never been to WL,Or Beach club to know about these.

Off to MGM:woohoo: :woohoo:

FWIW, rooms at SSR, BWV, BCV, and VWL are all the same basic size and layout.

VB units are similiar to OKW in layout, but slightly smaller.

The room you are staying in is the same size as your BWV room so the things that could have changed are
1. You are comparing it to OKW. Yes it's huge, but Disney isn't going to build that big again. That's not a fair perception.
2. Your preception. Did you come expecting to "find fault"? If so, you will.

And just a thought, VAK units are suppose to be bigger the BWV.

FWIW, rooms at SSR, BWV, BCV, and VWL are all the same basic size and layout.

VB units are similiar to OKW in layout, but slightly smaller.

Yep and HHIs 2BR washer and dryer are in closets as well.

heck no didn't come to find fault..probably just spoiled by OKW. Came to have fun. And as I said they are beautiful. Maybe its the layout, seems smaller than BWV. Just an observation.

heck no didn't come to find fault..probably just spoiled by OKW. Came to have fun. And as I said they are beautiful. Maybe its the layout, seems smaller than BWV. Just an observation.
Darker rooms usually feel smaller but as noted, the layout and size are essentially the same for BWV, BCV, VWL & SSR other than BWV not having dedicated 2 BR and the snafu with the dedicated 2 BR at BCV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter