Whats cooking/has been cooked in your crock pot?

There's a great thred here on the cooking board! We love the Chicken and Dumplings!

So far this week I've used my crock pot to make beef stew and stewed a chicken. I picked the meat off the bones and refrigerated the broth overnight, so it's easy to pull off the fat. I think I'll do chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight as we all seem to be working on colds and not feeling too great.

Chicken Breast, with fav seasonings and alfredo sauce on low =)

When I get home Ill boil my alfredo noodles, steam broccoli in the microwave and toss the garlic bread in the oven and voila

8 chicken breast halves
A bottle of bbq sauce
A 15 ounce can of pineapple chunks, with the juice
bell pepper
onion

Mix the pineapple and bbq sauce in a bowl. Cut up the onion and peppers into big chunks, mix them in with the sauce. Put four chicken breast in the crock, pour half the bbq sauce mix over it, put the other four in, pour the rest in.

Cook on low for at least 7 hours, longer is fine.

When you get home, throw some rice in the rice cooker. Set the table. Serve the chicken (which will be falling apart and delicious) over the rice with a side salad (a bagged salad mix and some shredded cheese, maybe a cucumber if you wanna cut it up. Sometimes I do, sometimes I just want to eat and be done with dinner.)

If you washed your prep bowl/knife in the morning before you left for work, all that's left to wash is the crock and the rice maker bowl and the dishes you ate out of. It's one of my favorite crock pot meals.

We love this soup at my house! I don't eat mine with the corn chips, but DH & DS say it tastes great with them.

Paula Deen's Taco Soup

2 lbs. ground beef
2 cups diced onions
2 (15-1/2 oz) cans pinto beans
1 (15-1/2 oz) can red kidney beans
1 (15-1/2 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (14-1/2 oz) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
1 (14-1/2 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (14-1/2 oz) can tomatoes and green chilies
2 (4-1/2 oz) cans diced green chiles
1 (4-5/8 oz) can black olives, drained and sliced
1 (1-1/4 oz) package taco seasoning mix
1 (1 oz) package ranch dressing mix
Corn chips, for serving
Sour cream, grated cheese, chopped green onions, sliced jalapeno - for garnish

Brown the ground beef and onions in a large skillet; drain off excess fat and transfer browned beef and onions to a large slow cooker.

Add the beans, corn, and tomatoes (mash stewed tomatoes if the chunks are too large), green chilies, black olives, taco seasoning, and ranch dressing mix.

Cook 6 - 8 hours on LOW in crockpot. To serve, place a few corn chips in each bowl and ladle soup over them. Top with sour cream, cheese, green onions, and jalapenos.

I love the Crockpot 365 blog that a previous poster mentioned. I have also gotten lots of recipes from this website http://www.sangotn.com/cookbook/crockpot/index-5b.html

Frozen chicken breasts cook nicely in the crockpot, and I have made some wonderful beef stews, too.

We do this one too, but we sub frozen chicken breasts for the ground beef -- bonus is, you don't have to cook anything!

We also do alot of salsa chicken in ours -- 4-6 frozen chicken breasts with a large can of salsa and a packet of taco seasoning. Cook on low for 6-8 hours (though, I've been known to have ours for 10-12 hours before when the workday ran late and it was still fine). You can then shred the chicken and eat on rice or in a tortilla as burritos/tacos.

I've been trying to use it more often, but we still mostly use it for soups, chili and roast (we cook ours with a packet of onion soup mix, 2 cans cream of mushroom and a can of beef stock).

This is a great one and super easy!
Pork Loin Roast
Pour 1/2 bottle to 1 bottle of Mojo sauce
Cook on low for about 7 hours

That's it! Super easy! We like to have it with red beans and white rice. I cook the beans in a little oil and garlic and add the white rice.

I have stuffed peppers in there now. Never made them in there before so I hope they come out good!

Beef, Beer & Bacon Stew

2 -2.5 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1" cubes (I used a roast and cut it up myself)
1/2 pound of bacon
1-2 onions, chopped
2-3 stalks of celery, chopped
2 cloves of garlic (feel free to add more, I like it with lots of garlic)
2 bay leaves
6 oz. tomato paste
Chopped fresh parsley (a large handful)
2-3 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon butter
2-3 cups of carrots (you can use baby carrots or the frozen sliced carrots)
Salt & Pepper
1 can of guinness beer (or a bottle, who cares... just add some beer)
1 cup of beef broth

1. Place cubes of beef in a large ziplock bag with flour, salt and pepper. Shake to coat and set aside.
2. Fry bacon in butter (the butter part is very much optional) until crispy, set aside to cool but don't drain the fat from the pan.
3. Saute the beef and onions in the pan with the fat from the bacon, just until the beef is slightly browned. ( I do this in stages because I don't have a large enough pan to do it all at once)
4. Transfer the browned beef and onions to crock pot set on low
5. Chop cooled, cooked bacon into bite sized pieces and add to crock pot
6. Add all other ingredients to the crock pot and cook on low for at 6+ hours (I normally just cook it over night on low, it's heavenly)

We do this one too, but we sub frozen chicken breasts for the ground beef -- bonus is, you don't have to cook anything!

Yum, I bet it's great with the chicken! I'll have to try that. I do hate having to brown the ground beef, and it means I have to wash an extra pan!

My new favorite:

slice 4-5 peppers, I like red so I use 3 red and 1 green
slice 1-2 big onions
toss w/ 1/2 package taco seasoning
throw into crock pot
add 1/4-1/2 cup lemon or lime juice (I used apple cider vinagar when I didn't have lemon or lime juice)
top w/ 4-5 skinless chicken thighs or 4 boneless chicken breast
sprinkle 1/2 package taco seasoning mix on top.
cook on low 6-8 hours

when done shredded chicken (toss bones)
serve on soft taco shells w/ sharp cheese

DELISH

Pot Roast

Put a roast in the crock-pot that has been sprinkled with:

1 package of Italian dresssing
1 package of Ranch dressing
1 package of brown gravy

Throw in some veggies... I put in WHOLE mini-baby portabella mushrooms and baby carrots.

Cook on low all day. I then serve with mashed potatoes and hot rolls.

I have given this recipe to so many people, and everyone loves it.

Vegetable Soup

This is super quick. Brown 1-2 pounds of stew meat and throw in the crock-pot with the juice that cooks out. I then add 1 large bottle of vegetable juice, a can of diced tomatoes and a package of frozen mixed vegetables. Cook on low all day. Salt to taste.

I also have a potato soup recipe that I found on pinterest that cooks in the Crock-Pot. Fixed it for my book club a few weeks ago. It was :cloud9:

Today was pot roast. I typically loathe pot roast but it was BOGO at the grocery store last month.

Used 1 can of Coke
1 package Lipton's onion soup

Added baby red potatoes & carrots.

We've got a lot left over so I have to think of something to make for leftovers on Saturday.

Made shredded pork for BBQ pork sandwiches using recipe I saw on Melissa D'Arabian's show. We've made this about 4 times now and it's very good.

We use a pork boneless pork (shoulder) I think from Walmart that's pretty reasonable. Cooked it for 5-6 hours. Our family of 3 will get at least 3 meals out of it. The meat was about $4 for about 1.5 pounds

I'll use Sweet Baby Ray's original BBQ sauce and some coleslaw I just whipped up to top them off with.

Yum!

2 frozen white meat chicken breast
4 carrots chopped
4 celery stalks chopped
1 small onion chopped
1 box liquid chicken stock/broth
2 cups water
salt and pepper to taste
place in pot in am on low
got home, shredded the chicken put above ingredients in large pot along with Reames dumplings 1 package that was frozen and simmered for 25 minutes added a bit more salt and pepper as it simmered and it was delicious
my dh even said it was better than usual
serves 4

One of my other favorites is shredded buffalo chicken

4 frozen chicken breasts
1 jar of buffalo wing sauce (or make your own out of butter and hot sauce)

Stick it in the crock pot on low for several hours (sorry, I never really pay attention but I normally leave it to cook while I'm at work or sleeping so 8+ hours). At around 5 or 6 hours you can shred the chicken with 2 forks, shred the chicken and let it soak up more of the sauce. Keep cooking on low or warm until you are ready to eat.

I serve this on hard rolls or just eat it like this.

I also make a buffalo chicken dip that never makes it more than an hour at a party. In the bottom of a pie plate spread one block of cream cheese, spread a layer of shredded buffalo chicken then cover with shredded cheddar cheese. Stick it in the oven until the cheese is melted. Yum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter