What's Different WDW vs. DLP - Rides/Shows/Attractions

HermanTriplets+1

DIS Veteran
Hi Disboarders,
I am wondering if any of you have what to add here. Regarding rides/attractions and shows only - what is unique to DLP?
I found this in the "sticky" section:

What are the unique rides and attractions in Disneyland Paris that are not in Disneyland California and Walt Disney World Florida?

Disneyland Paris

*The Castle is a different shape and has an upper walk through section and a dragon underneath
*Pirates of the Caribbean is different and does not have Jack Sparrow or any additions from the film
*Haunted Mansion is called Phantom Manor and has a different storyline
*Indiana Jones is a themed roller-coaster
*Space Mountain has 3 inversions so nothing like the US ones - added by Carrie_Cat ;)

Disney Studios Paris

*Crush Coaster
*Ratatouille
Any more? Comments/thoughts/additions?
Thanks!!!!

Last edited:
POTC now has Jack Sparrow, the scenes look pretty much the same as DL & WDW. The drops are a lot better though.
WDS has a cars ride, but its similar to the Mater ride at DCA.
Theres Toy Story Playland too, the US parks don't have any of those three rides as far as I know.
WDS also has the Studio Tram Tour, im not sure how it compares to the old WDW version.

In addition to whats already mentioned -

Thunder Mountain is on an Island which makes it different
Alice's Maze - walk through
Aladdin Walk through
Adventure Island to explore through the caves etc
The Arcades that run along Mainstreet
The Night time show
The day time parade - unique to DLP

Mickey and the Magician show in Studios

Thank you for the additions!
Thunder Mountain at DLP looks amazing!
What exactly are the "arcades" along Mainstreet?

Thank you for the additions!
Thunder Mountain at DLP looks amazing!
What exactly are the "arcades" along Mainstreet?

The arcades are two walk ways (one on each side) with historic photographs and artwork to look at, they also have medallion machines which is DLP's version of the pressed penny - I think its €2, and there aren't that many machines, but the medallion coins are bigger and a better keepsake imo.
The arcades have back entrances to the Mainstreet shops and little seating areas for Casey's Corner and Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter