What's going on 12/4-12/9

drise

Mouseketeer
I just called ms to book 12/4 to 12/9 at OKW and there is no availability in any size room or at any other DVC resort!! What's going on that week, I know it's lower points but that can't be the only reason??

I think Mousefest, low points, christmas decoration. DVCers have found it is a great time to go. You need to book 11 or 10months out...otherwise availability is about zero...or in your case zero.

Wow! I don't know about anything except the Christmas season's activities.
The members meetings are the week before. We're well into the 7 month booking time. I hope you waitlisted and that you get something that you want! On the restaurant board people are talking about long waits to make ressies for the Candlelight processional packages, they just went on sale today.

Bobbi

It's just getting very popular as more people discover what a great time this is to go. More and more of us are booking early to ensure we get our first choice of resort and room. Sorry you didn't get a room - if you waitlisted, hope it comes through for you.

Activities going on/Groups meeting during that week include:

*All the Holiday events are in full swing - MVMCP, Osborne Lights, Candlelight Processional, Holiday decorations in resorts and parks, etc.

*Pop Warner cheerleading and footbal championships (which really shouldn't affect DVC much)

*Mousefest (again,not much impact on DVC)

Really, it's mostly that this is a great time to go - low points & lots of Holiday activities!

Best wishes-

There is the MVMCP, the CP in Epcot, the decorations, low points. I was told by many on this board as well as MS to book at 11 mos for this time of year. Maybe something will come through on a waitlist. SSR or OKW (because of their larger size) might come through for you. Good luck!

Yes, I think we have reached the point where the first two weeks of December must be booked at the 11 month booking window.

Anyone know what the occupancy is like at the other resorts (i.e. CBR, CSR) for this same time period? I'm getting the impression that the first weeks of December are busy for DVC, so if there's "no room at the inn", what is the state of the other non-DVC resorts. I'm thinking if you could'nt get DVC, maybe you could rent out points and use the cash for a ressie at a non-DVC resort.

We're just researching DVC right now, but early Dec would be one of the times we would possibly be vacationing. I'm just trying to look at all the angles in case we didn't plan one year at the 11 month mark.

Again, you guys are awesome at providing so much great info. Once I get the DVC DVD I don't think I'll have any unanswered questions left for my guide! I've had them all answered here!!

Tracey :wave:

It's only about 3 1/2 months to early December, so it's not surprising that everything (for DVC) is full now.

FWIW, you don't have to reserve at exactly 11 months out to get something during the first two weeks of December. That's generally only necessary if you want VWL, a GV at OKW or BWV, or a standard view or a guaranteed BW view at the BWV. You should try to reserve before the 7 month mark if at all possible, though. Otherwise, you may not have as many choices as you might like.

As far as I can tell, the other WDW resorts still have rooms available - especially if you are willing to pay rack rates. I got an AP discounted rate at CSR just last month. There may be some avilability problems on weekends and/or in specific resorts/room types. But I'm positive you could still get something somewhere.

Best wishes -

We got back from seven nights at the Contemporary. Five on points, two on AP rate. It was wonderful. You might try something like that. We got a Wing Garden room.

I would waitlist. I recently needed to add a night during that exact period and waitlisted successfully for it. It only took about a week.

People DO make reservations and then cancel them close to the 30-day mark. I'm not positive about this, but I assume canceled point ressies go first to the waitlisted members before going to CRO. Anybody know for sure?

Be sure you understand the waitlist options. My decision was easy because I knew I was going anyway, so I just told them to fill my request automatically.

Your needs are more complex, so discuss the options thoroughly with MS before going on waitlist.

Good luck, and book early next year!

CarolMN said:
It's just getting very popular as more people discover what a great time this is to go.

*All the Holiday events are in full swing - MVMCP, Osborne Lights, Candlelight Processional, Holiday decorations in resorts and parks, etc.

IMHO, it is THE MOST magical time to be at WDW -

:cold: :cold: :cold:

We were pretty freaked out too, we called today to book for Dec...4th until 9th...nothing at all available at DVC. We are waitlisted for everything...

We would have booked earlier but it took us a very long time to get our DVC purchase completed, and finally, after almost 6 months, we got our membership # today!

They must have thought we were nuts to call in August for Dec...we are waiting by the phone!!!

Any idea how long we will have to wait for a call?

Inga

As SSR continues to sell, more SSR inventory should come into the DVC system. So if SSR is ok with you, I would think a waitlist would likely come thru.

Inga said:
We were pretty freaked out too, we called today to book for Dec...4th until 9th...nothing at all available at DVC. We are waitlisted for everything...

We would have booked earlier but it took us a very long time to get our DVC purchase completed, and finally, after almost 6 months, we got our membership # today!

They must have thought we were nuts to call in August for Dec...we are waiting by the phone!!!

Any idea how long we will have to wait for a call?

Inga
Depends on what type of accommodation you are looking for, how many cancellations they have, and how those match up with your dates. There's no way to tell.

It also matters how flexible you are. If you'll take ANYthing, you stand a better chance than if you have specific needs.

My waitlist was a real easy one, because it was just adding one day at the end of a trip.

We have been waitlisted for one night at the BCV (12/6) since precisely the 7 month mark on the minute Member Services opened. Still no luck. I called today and they indicated on the reservation that I wanted to keep trying during the 30 day to 7 day out window. I'm hoping those stories about people canceling close to 31 days holds true, but I'm not overly optimistic. I'm glad I have a back up plan for that one night that I booked 11 months out.

We got 12/8 - 12/ 13 at the 7 month window. It IS a great time to go for all of the reasons previously mentioned. So much for well kept secrets. Pretty soon people will catch on to Dixie Landings (I hate being politically correct) being such a great value too - oops, too late.

Wow! Boy am I glad I got our GV at OKW for December 4-9 at the 11 month mark! Thankfully, my friend owns at OKW and I transferred my points to her.

Don't give up on the waitlist. I had to waitlist for a one bedroom standard view at BWV two years ago and it came through.

Good luck! :)

I just booked OKW studio 2 weeks ago for 12/8-12/14. However, we were flexible with our dates. Any time from 11/30 to 12/15 was going to work for us. Both OKW and SSR had studios available after 12/8.

Another popular time for DVC member is when the Wine and Food Festival is going on. Last week, I called for dates anytime from 10/24-11/7 for studio. Only SSR studio was available and not until 10/28. So are going 10/29-11/3.

As you can see I am a last minute DVC caller since we can be flexible with dates. Only time I plan ahead is my May trip and then I only call 4 month ahead.

Nancy

I'm not sure the "rent the points and use the cash" strategy will work. Depends on your use year. If you had Jan or Feb expire, for instance, when would the potential renter use the points? They can't get into DVC either. If they wanted a Jan or Feb ressie you would be OK, but that's not a big time for people to want to travel to WDW. You could rent the points out earlier, but if you were able to plan that far ahead, you would have scored your own DVC ressie and not have to rent!

So drise, are you going to waitlist, or have you given up? I hope you can go, it's a great time to be at WDW, we just discovered the Christmas happenings 3 years ago, and it's going to be a tradition with us!

Bobbi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter