What's going on 12/4-12/9

One thing is, is the resorts are most full when the point costs are lowest, it may be time for them to re-think the point calender.

d-r said:
One thing is, is the resorts are most full when the point costs are lowest, it may be time for them to re-think the point calender.
shhhhhhh.....:sad2:

I tried to make a reservation at the Contemporary for the 2nd weekend of December and it was booked solid.

Not sure if they were still having problems with the computer systems (heard they got hit with a worm) or what.

FYI - There is a SUPER cheap airfare from Newark International to Orlando that week. $138 round trip. Don't know if that has something to do with it or not...

Thanks for all the great replys. I booked the 2nd week 12/11-12/16 at OKW and I'm on a waitlist for 12/4-12/9. I have airfare on SW for the 1st week, thank goodness you can switch airfare with SW with no penalty as long as availability is there. Now my problem is tickets for MVMCP, I don't know which week to buy them for. Do they ususally sell out?

drise said:
Thanks for all the great replys. I booked the 2nd week 12/11-12/16 at OKW and I'm on a waitlist for 12/4-12/9. I have airfare on SW for the 1st week, thank goodness you can switch airfare with SW with no penalty as long as availability is there. Now my problem is tickets for MVMCP, I don't know which week to buy them for. Do they ususally sell out?
I wouldn't worry too much about MVMCP just yet. The Friday nights tend to sell out first and so far, we haven't had any indication that any of them are sold out. We haven't bought ours yet, either. I am not worried at all yet, but we are looking at either a Tuesday or Sunday night.

Hope your watilist comes through.

Best wishes -

I just booked 12/9-12/12 last week for a studio at SSR. There was only availability at SSR and OKW and the CM said there was "plenty" of studios at both. It may have been easier because my dates are weekend dates and sometimes folks go during the week when it's less points.

I have to call in the morning to see if I can switch my 1 BR at SSR for Feb. vacation to a 2 BR! Wish me luck! After seeing how much room we had in the 2 BR and how I'd hate to have to have the kids "camp out" in the living room all week, I'm forgetting about "saving" points and I'm hoping I can get a 2 BR.

drise said:
I just called ms to book 12/4 to 12/9 at OKW and there is no availability in any size room or at any other DVC resort!! What's going on that week, I know it's lower points but that can't be the only reason??
i called a few days ago and got a room at OKW for the night of the 11th

We will be at BWV for those exact dates; I booked day by day at eleven months. I just retired from teaching, so it's my first chance to take advantage of a non-school booking.

I booked 2 weeks ago for 12/10-12/13 they only had SSR studio available for all 3 nights and OKW for 2 of the 3 nights. We went on automatic waitlist and got OKW about 3 days later.

connorsmom911 said:
Anyone know what the occupancy is like at the other resorts (i.e. CBR, CSR) for this same time period? I'm getting the impression that the first weeks of December are busy for DVC, so if there's "no room at the inn", what is the state of the other non-DVC resorts. I'm thinking if you could'nt get DVC, maybe you could rent out points and use the cash for a ressie at a non-DVC resort.

We're just researching DVC right now, but early Dec would be one of the times we would possibly be vacationing. I'm just trying to look at all the angles in case we didn't plan one year at the 11 month mark.

Again, you guys are awesome at providing so much great info. Once I get the DVC DVD I don't think I'll have any unanswered questions left for my guide! I've had them all answered here!!

Tracey :wave:

12/4 to 12/9 is Pop Warner (junior football and cheerleaders) Super Bowl at WWoS. They are taking alot of rooms at the value and moderate resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter