What's going on w/ the Fantasy?

Rjw615

Mouseketeer
Seeing reports they are having engine troubles leaving Aruba and potentially heading back?

I don't know their schedule though, could be scheduled day to head back to PC for all I know.

I just got off the Fantasy on the 11-night sailing. Everything seemed fine. They had engine troubles out of dry dock a couple weeks ago though. I just checked the port camera, and it is still in Aruba.

They (the crew at least) were told at the start of the cruise that they were having a late night Aruba. So if they were stopping for engine difficulties it was planned before they even left PC....

It could be just a late night for the crew to have some down time. That happens fairly often where they pick a port and extend the ship's stay so the guests and crew can enjoy the island. Happened to us in Nassau and in Cozumel on different DCL cruises.

ETA just heard from my friends onboard they sent me a pic of the Navigator that shows them leaving later (planned). The crew were very happy and many were on the island till very late enjoying themselves!!!

IMG_8572.JPG

MJ

Last edited:
They (the crew at least) were told at the start of the cruise that they were having a late night Aruba. So if they were stopping for engine difficulties it was planned before they even left PC....

Yep. It was late night Aruba as a reward for the crew. (They get these when comment cards have a certain percentage of high ratings.)

Yep. It was late night Aruba as a reward for the crew. (They get these when comment cards have a certain percentage of high ratings.)

That might be the reason they give, but 90% of the time there are other reasons behind them. It used to be the case a lot more until some took advantage of it.
During my time I had three late nights (that weren't already on the itinerary), we were told they were crew recognition, but when you see the divers going in and smaller boats around...haha!
Most of the time when you smash a captains challenge or get full marks in a CDC inspection you get a fancy meal in the mess or even cabanas when it's closed off for guests because it's something that all crew can go to (not all can get off the ship even if they're not working).

Well, they just crushed their health inspection so let's hope it is a reward and a planned stop! Great job everyone!

Well, they just crushed their health inspection so let's hope it is a reward and a planned stop! Great job everyone!

I belive that was back in March, so I'd hope they already got their reward lol...

I was on the Fantasy 11 night Southern and the crew found out during that cruise that they were being given a late night in Aruba during this 10 night cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter