• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's going on with gas on the east coast?

We leave on Saturday and DH is very worried about this as we drive down 75 from OH.

Just paid 2.949 at an Enrite station n Old Bridge, NJ,
cheapest in my area.
You know, it's crisis' like these that remind me just how bad taxes and regulations are here in CA. $2.95/gal? Why is it so cheap? $3.52 is the absolute cheapest price in LA right now, and no, we are not getting a bump because of the pipeline issue. This is a result of taxes, "carbon credits" and the annual, twice a year switch in gas ethanol blends. https://www.gasbuddy.com/gasprices/california/los-angeles

And this map says it all; https://www.gasbuddy.com/gaspricemap?lat=38.74519309766601&lng=-96.591588&z=4

Just checked the gas prices in the Lake Buena Vista area and they still remain steady.

I am not too bothered by price. More worried we will have a hard time filling up on our drive home this weekend. If stations are out of gas. My DH's sister and her DH drive from MD to SC tomorrow. If they have trouble then we might wait another week. We are in our own vacay villa right now so we can leave whenever. Though we do have a birthday dinner with my mom on Sunday.

Our daughter is stuck in Columbia, SC right now. She's driving back down to her home near Orlando on I-77, soon (hopefully) to hit 26, then I-95 on her drive home. She pulled off the highway to gas up and all of the gas stations around her are sold out! She's calling nearby stations, and finding out that they are sold out, too! I would reconsider making the drive down to Disney along the coast right now.

I also just posted a thread about it. If anyone has any ideas of how to help my daughter find gas to make it home, I'm all ears!

Last edited:
I live 25 miles south of WDW on the border of Osceola and Polk counties. In my area the 4 7/11 stores are out of gas. WaWa, Murphy and Racetrack have gas lines like back in late 1973.

I live 25 miles south of WDW on the border of Osceola and Polk counties. In my area the 4 7/11 stores are out of gas. WaWa, Murphy and Racetrack have gas lines like back in late 1973.
That's where I am...Davenport, Regal Palms.

I paid $2.79/gal this morning in NE FL (outside of Jax). I was almost at a quarter tank, so I had to fill up.

I stopped at 2 gas stations that were out of fuel entirely; one a Circle K near the community college, and the other was on the corner (and I can't remember their brand) up the road from the first. Both had the yellow bags covering the pumps, and notes on the screens apologizing for being out.

Two other gas stations (one BP, the other Shell) had lines out of the parking lot, so I didn't try to stop.

The 7-11 I stopped at had a worker outside, and they weren't letting people fill up more than one small fuel can, in addition to filling their cars.

DH is considering working from home next week, instead of starting back to work, if this continues over the weekend. He uses about a tank a week to go back and forth.

You can look at an app like Gas Buddy and it will tell you, right now, what the situation is.
so how do we know if they are out of gas? it shows prices and the dashes sometimes. ANd asks we report the prices to help. But how do we know if they actually have any gas right now? One station I looked at said it was reported to have gas 19 hours ago. But might not have it right now!??!

Our daughter is stuck in Columbia, SC right now. She's driving back down to her home near Orlando on I-77, soon (hopefully) to hit 26, then I-95 on her drive home. She pulled off the highway to gas up and all of the gas stations around her are sold out! She's calling nearby stations, and finding out that they are sold out, too! I would reconsider making the drive down to Disney along the coast right now.

I also just posted a thread about it. If anyone has any ideas of how to help my delighter find gas to make it home, I'm all ears!
Does she have a AAA membership? If so, maybe they could bring her some gas.

Appears Florida panhandle was hit hard. My daughter’s family is driving from Houston, TX to Destin. She had a whale of a time trying to find gas in Florida. They lucked into finding a station just as a tanker truck pulled in. They’re back on the road.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter