whats going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
**ly if they *re bod*cious! ;)

I have to laugh at this because we saw another thread over on the cruise board that also had all of the "a" and "on"s stripped out of it last night, and I heard there was some fun happening over here. Board filter run amok!

Awesome to see some fellow New Englanders. We are originally from RI. :banana:

We just got back from meeting some Islanders at the fort. There are a bunch staying in the 900 loop that are from Middletown RI

In fact, while we were talking to them I went on and on about DISboards and why they should check out this one about the fort. :)

Steve

I'd like to clarify something if I may. We are not talking "older" fiends as in age, but "older" as in long-standing, right? Because, in my head, I'm only 23! ;):thumbsup2:rotfl2:

Older as in they found the site long before I did. I thought you were only 19... and now you tell me I was off by 4 years... shucks!

My DH and I lurked for quite some time. In the beginning the kids would wind up going to bed later than bedtime because we were so engrossed in the boards we didn't want to stop reading. :surfweb: We each got on a laptop and some times we would read the same thread and laugh so hard. Other times we got on different threads and we would read the funny stuff to each other. I first stated to post only to ask questions and gather info, but now I post just to be part of the fun. :thumbsup2 There are so many of you that we hope to meet one day. Thank you for all of the vaulable information you have to share as well as the knee slapping laughter you provide.

Older as in they found the site long before I did. I thought you were only 19... and now you tell me I was off by 4 years... shucks!

It's that "new" math, lol

Don't let Karla fool ya. She's actually more like 27.

27 is the new 19

27??? PLEASE!! She's only 25. And since we're twins, so am I. ;)

right on sistah!!

Ahh.. multiple choice... 19, 21, 25, 27...

but I haven't studied!!!!!!!!

That's correct....only 4 choices. Nobody adds a number higher than 27 and nobody gets hurt! :rolleyes1

yeah, what she said!!! Don't make us open up a can of whoop-a$$

My name is Lil' Lisa and I am a Fort Fiend...

Welcome, Lisa

but I also found something more... much more. :grouphug:

I found my keys here once

What I found when I came to the Dis was a sense of community. I can't say for sure, but I would bet that it extends from the sense of community that you feel at a campground too. When you are camping, folks are more than happy to help out other folks in need without even blinking an eye. After all, the family parked next to you aren't just people, they are your neighbors too. At least that's how it feels. :hug:

True, too, that when you are camping, folks are more than happy to stand back and laugh as you try to back in to your site. What are neighbors for, anyway?

No wonder Dave likes it here! ;)

Dave who?

As I hung out here longer, I got a bit braver and I asked to be "let into the fold". To my surprise, they welcomed me with open arms. Imagine that! Without even a vote, I was a FIEND!!!.

We were told you were bringing the kungaloosh.

On a serious note, I totally agree with you and I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks for posting it. :goodvibes

marvin%20gaye%2029.jpg

ooooooooohhh, what's goin' oonnnnnn..... :cool1:

I never trust a man who can hit higher notes than I can... ;)

I have hit a few high notes in my life, but it usually involved something hitting me in a very private place.....:scared1:

As a sometimes poster....mostly lurker....I would like those in power to know the reason I visit this forum....The Fiends! I am sure there are many more out there that share this feeling but may not post it.

I followed the thread in question, and replied to the op, and still have yet to see a problem with any of it :confused3 I, too, have lurked on the other boards and have seen some downright nasty replies to questions...needless to say I won't be posting there! But as someone else said...it only takes one apple..

The veterans on this board are the ones we newbies look to for knowledge about the Fort. Take that away and you will have a bunch of idiots running around the Fort without a clue as to what to do! I can't remember the amount of times my dh has asked how I knew about about this and that, and I just tell him I read it on the message board!

I have only had the pleasure of meeting one Fiend so far but am always on the look out for green ears or in some cases....green thongs :rolleyes1

I love this board and those that make it what it is. :grouphug:

It's that "new" math, lol

27 is the new 19

right on sistah!!

but I haven't studied!!!!!!!!

yeah, what she said!!! Don't make us open up a can of whoop-a$$

27??? PLEASE!! She's only 25. And since we're twins, so am I. ;)

That's correct....only 4 choices. Nobody adds a number higher than 27 and nobody gets hurt! :rolleyes1

This proves my point. This is why I still come around this forum. I've been to the Fort. Love the Fort... and will eventually go back... so I don't need to visit this board for info. I come for the people!

I have been a daily Dis Camping Board user for more than a year and a half. I stumbled upon this board as well as several other websites while searching for information on our upcoming trip to the Fort. :surfweb: My trip has come and gone, and I will occasionally venture off to other websites for a Disney fix, but I come here daily... often multiple times a day. Why would I do such a thing? I do it because, not only did I find the information that I was looking for, but I also found something more... much more. :grouphug:

What I found when I came to the Dis was a sense of community. I can't say for sure, but I would bet that it extends from the sense of community that you feel at a campground too. When you are camping, folks are more than happy to help out other folks in need without even blinking an eye. After all, the family parked next to you aren't just people, they are your neighbors too. At least that's how it feels. :hug:

I found that same thing when I arrived here at the Dis. The users here are more than happy to rattle off the same facts over and over again as the new users come and go. :teacher: It is rare that someone's post is overlooked or they are told to "use the search feature". On other boards, that is something that I have experienced first hand. Not only are the users here happy to answer your questions, they know what they are talking about as well. Friendly and smart! Now that is a winning combination. :thumbsup2 And did I mention funny? We can't leave out funny! If laughter is food for the soul, then the Camping Boards are a buffet!!! No wonder Dave likes it here! ;)

As I hung out here longer, I got a bit braver and I asked to be "let into the fold". To my surprise, they welcomed me with open arms. Imagine that! Without even a vote, I was a FIEND!!! It turns out that anyone who loves the Fort is a fiend, and without even asking, every good hearted fiend is welcome here. My fiendships here have blossomed and I have also had the pleasure of spending time with many of them outside of the boards. I even got to meet some of them when I was at the Fort and it was the highlight of my trip.

Fast forward to today. What I see going on here just makes me want to cry. :sad1: The underhanded actions of one malicious user and the misguided actions of a moderator who was unaware of the problems this user has caused have turned this once peaceful community into a war zone. Many Fiends have left of their own accord and others have been forcibly removed. I doubt that this place will ever be the same. I am unsure of my future here as well. After all, without the fiends, it is just another forum... :confused3

I am thankful for the friendships that I have forged on this board and those will live on, regardless of what happens here. I hope that this message will be read and understood by the powers that be and that they will find it in their hearts to see this crazy band of Fiends for what they are. A community of souls brought together by their love of camping and their addiction to the Fort. Like Dave, I love you guys too! :lovestruc

I'll drink to that!

63277832_Pmrm7-Th.gif

Twice!

61283949_bEcev-Th.gif

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I too wish to post my support of the "Fort Fiends" and only hope that one day I too can live up to the honor of being associated with this wonderful group:grouphug:and can one day bear the the name of "Fiend"

I promise to wear it proudly, support my fellow fiends, and chime in on the the fun and seriousness when appropriate.

Bring back all Fiends!!!

shh...I'm not too late, am I ? This thread still going?:confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter