What's happening to Aulani??

scoobdoo

Mouseketeer
There will no longer be an adult pool moving forward.
Auntie's remains closed.
The flagship restaurant remains shuttered with no sign of life.

It's August 2021 and the surrounding hotels are not closing or retracting services like Aulani is under the guise of 'covid'. Is this the new normal for what was once a full featured resort?

230302858_10225465890384997_2064680905367139216_n.jpg

I liked having a adult pool. But maybe it will make some more chairs available at the main pools if people are spread out a bit?

Was there always a big intake at Aunties?

My wife and I went in March 2021 and there was obviously a lot of families, we wondered at the time if the pools seemed extra busy with Kids because Aunties was closed. Once Aunties re-opens, during the day will the pools become more quiet?

If this is a permanent change, is there even anywhere else they could put an adults only pool? A quick look at a map says no?

My wife and I went in March 2021 and there was obviously a lot of families, we wondered at the time if the pools seemed extra busy with Kids because Aunties was closed. Once Aunties re-opens, during the day will the pools become more quiet?

If this is a permanent change, is there even anywhere else they could put an adults only pool? A quick look at a map says no?
Aunty's Beach House was the one thing that reminded me of a WDW vacation: crack of dawn and loooong lines waiting to book events for the day(!) Not sure what all those kids will do if it's closed permanently. My daughter absolutely loved it there and wanted to go every day when she was younger.

We don’t have any kids, but, still, did not like the adult pool at all. it just felt stuck off in an unappealing corner. Would rather sit on the beach, or in front of Ama Ama. Auntie’s Beach House closure is no big deal for us either. Would love Ama Ama back, though…that space won’t sit empty forever. That said, we’re relatively new DVC members and have never had a chance to eat there. The reviews were always mediocre.

It was the only place with good shade. Guess we will share that shade with the towels of toddlers. (And chlorine level. Sigh)
Off to the overcrowded adult jacuzzi I go. Hehe. But I’ll go at my secret time.

“Family pool” isnt that what the pool area was in general? I loved the adult pool area. We do not have children, and it was so nice having a place just for adults. I dont see the big deal why they cannot keep that area as adult only.
Honestly, i am glad that i did not buy a membership at this hotel. The value has gone WAY down. I am even thinking about changing my hotel stay to a different island now.
Aulani is no longer adult friendly
No up scale restaurant.
<sigh>
sorry to rant. just dissapointing..

I liked having a adult pool. But maybe it will make some more chairs available at the main pools if people are spread out a bit?
I doubt it. The former adult pool and pool deck aren't really that big.

Aunty's was always full and difficult for kids to get into (lines in the morning as PP mentioned), but it was on the small side. It did not impact the crowds at the pool at all.

I don't know what other pool would make sense as an adult pool. If the amenity ever returns, it will likely be the return of the original adult pool if they get enough backlash.

Aulani is no longer adult friendly
To be fair, it always catered to families as the first priority. We stayed on our honeymoon and knew we were choosing to stay at a family resort as an adult couple. I think Aulani is worth staying at or visiting for any Disney fanatic, but it would not be my first choice for an adult-only stay.

I think Ama Ama and Aunty's will return eventually. My guess is a combination of covid concerns and the short-staff issue that's happening across the country is keeping these things closed right now.

I doubt it. The former adult pool and pool deck aren't really that big.

Aunty's was always full and difficult for kids to get into (lines in the morning as PP mentioned), but it was on the small side. It did not impact the crowds at the pool at all.

I don't know what other pool would make sense as an adult pool. If the amenity ever returns, it will likely be the return of the original adult pool if they get enough backlash.

To be fair, it always catered to families as the first priority. We stayed on our honeymoon and knew we were choosing to stay at a family resort as an adult couple. I think Aulani is worth staying at or visiting for any Disney fanatic, but it would not be my first choice for an adult-only stay.

i get what you are saying.
this will be my 3rd trip at Aulani. What i liked about this hotel is the current pool. I love floating along regardless of the children. In fact watching them play makes me smile. I also love the beach is a protected lagoon so no big waves. We have casabellas by Ama Ama reserved for our whole trip this Nov so i guess we will have our bit of quite that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter