• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's in your disney park bag?

taylordemarcs

Earning My Ears
Calling all girls!! I have been to disney a million times with my family, and this year is my first year going by myself with my friends. On my past trips, I usually brought a backpack or a crossbody purse for my wallet and phone, and usually my mom held the rest in her backpack of wonders.
This year, I need some advice on what type of bag to bring and what i should put in it. And I love watching "what's in my bag" videos on youtube, so I thought I'd make a thread seeking tips from my fellow females! What kinda or bags do you bring to disney? and what are you're essentials?
I usually like to travel light in the parks, so I always bring a small crossbody bag, because its easier to carry in the parks and ride the rides. but do you think I should go bigger? like a backpack? What essentials would you pack? :)

When we go as a family of 4, I carry a decent sized backpack. When DH & I went, I used a mini backpack that worked great! It had enough room for my sweatshirt & misc items, stayed on my back (don't like the drawstring things) & kept my hands free.

My last trip to the world I bought a small, crossbody lesportsac bag. For me it worked great,better than the oh so ugly fanny bag I use to wear on every trip. I always carry very little with me to the parks ( cellphone,wallet,chapstick). I always thought fanny bags were the thing to wear on every trip till I saw myself in some pictures.:rotfl2: I looked like I was wearing a tool belt. I went on Amazon and found the lesportsac crossbody bag in so many colors and designs. Iv been hooked on these bags that I bought three more.

I have one of those draw-string/sport style backpacks. I'll carry my wallet, sunglasses/glasses holder, sunscreen, chapstick, hand sanitizer, and my phone (which is usually in my pocket). Depending on certain rides, I'll also put my fiancees hat in there. And depending on weather, I can fit ponchos or a small jacket/hoodie.

I refuse to carry a bag in the park. Nothing was more freeing then when my kids were old enough that I didn't need to lug stuff around with me anymore. I make sure that I wear shorts-pants with pockets for my ID but that is all I bring into the parks.

I also used a crossbody purse and had my wallet (ID, cards, insurance info, gift cards), moleskin, a couple small snacks, chapstick, autograph book with sharpie, advil, a few crayons, glow sticks, phone, and sunglasses (I have prescription eyeglasses and carried around my kid's when she was inside).

That said the next trip I plan to just use a wristlet and tell everyone if they want it they have to wear/carry it themselves. I will pack in what I can in my bag and maybe forgo the autograph book once in a while.

I had many over the years.

It started with a big packback
to a small backpack
to a drawstring
to crossovers and wristlets.

I bought a plain black Baggelini crossover before my last trip. PERFECT!!

But I also bought myself my first Dooney&Bourke Disney lettercarrier bag so I think I'll be taking that one on the next trip!!!

I like bringing a wristlet too!! If I'm back at the resort and only going out for dinner or down to the pool bar or lounge, it's perfect for my phone a few dollar bills.

I'm surprised I'm the first one to mention this, considering I don't even wear makeup that often, but I keep a powder compact in my bag, especially if I'm planning on doing anything with pictures. Nothing is worse than having a red, shiny face in all your vacation pictures. And sunscreen and chap stick are definite musts.

I always bring a small crossbody bag with me, easy to fit & rides & easier to forget that im carrying.

In the bag always is: cell phone, wallet with cards/cash, magic band, camera, lip chap, & a times guide.

In the warmer months I add in some sunscreen & a water bottle.

In the cooler months I add in a sweater (or im usually wearing it in the morning)

I have a Disney vera bradley hipster but I want to add to the list:

Cell phone charger. Especially if u use your phone to take pictures. I found that out the hard way!!

Love the charging stations at MK.

I'm surprised I'm the first one to mention this, considering I don't even wear makeup that often, but I keep a powder compact in my bag, especially if I'm planning on doing anything with pictures. Nothing is worse than having a red, shiny face in all your vacation pictures. And sunscreen and chap stick are definite musts.

On this same line- I carry those oil absorbing sheets for your face. Works great!

Well, I was there last August with 2 friends, and in my bag I carried: poncho, sweatshirt, camera, gum, granola bars, wallet, extra camera battery, hand sanitizer, tissues, pen, ressie cards, nail file( my nails tend to rip off) floss, chilly pad, that's all I can remember now:)

If I'm actually carrying a bag, it's usually a small backpack, one with only one main compartment and maybe a zipper or two. I usually keep my wallet, camera, phone, hand sanitizer, and a small (I do mean small!) makeup bag with things like powder and chapstick. On extremely hot days I bring along deodorant.

When I go with my boyfriend, he sometimes brings his heavy-duty backpack. Sometimes we switch off on who brings a bag and who doesn't; usually we don't need more than one. We take his bag on the days that it's raining on and off and we need to bring jackets or ponchos. When we're not using them we just shove them in his bag. We also take his bag when we have really long, full days planned out so that we can shove a ton of water bottles and snacks in there.

Okay, so I've only gone to WDW in the hot months, just my boyfriend and I, and in a small LV bag (lol its a knock-off LV, but its that water proof leather look) so what I've brought in my bag is:

1. ponchos x4
2. travel size sunblock
3. camera
4. water bottles x2
5. band aids and Tylenol
6. room keys, money, ID etc
7. extra hair ties
8. chap stick
9. snack bars x2

lol and it ALL fits :) Hoped this helped

I found on my first trip that I was taking too much stuff that I didn't use. I had a string backpack though so I didn't find it too heavy to carry.

In it I had:
translucent powder and a brush (the case of the powder broke and I didn't even end up using it even though it was summer)
a chilly pad (didn't use)
a light rain jacket that folds into itself (used once or twice)
a hat (didn't use)
lip balm (use constantly)
iPod touch (used to check wait times etc)
map
a foldable water bottle which I clipped to the outside of the bag (and didn't use)
a cardigan which I wore most of the time anyway
camera
I kept my credit cards, ID and my ticket in my lanyard so I could access them easily

For my trip to HKDL in April, I'm just going to take a small bag with my phone, camera, lip balm and some cash. I just found it too difficult to be rummaging through all that stuff just to find my iPod or my lip balm. If I was going to take a bigger bag again, I would probably put the smaller important items in a little pouch to make it easier to find them.

Okay, so I've only gone to WDW in the hot months, just my boyfriend and I, and in a small LV bag (lol its a knock-off LV, but its that water proof leather look) so what I've brought in my bag is:

1. ponchos x4
2. travel size sunblock
3. camera
4. water bottles x2
5. band aids and Tylenol
6. room keys, money, ID etc
7. extra hair ties
8. chap stick
9. snack bars x2

lol and it ALL fits :) Hoped this helped

I carry the same things and used a tote last trip.

I switch between a small cross body bag or mini backpack:

Small Sunscreen
Chapstick
Hat
Water bottle
Something to snack on
Poncho
Flip flops (for water rides)
Point and shoot camera
Extra phone charger (to charge without an outlet)

Going with kids, I feel like I take everything but the kitchen sink.

Last time, the Hubs and I went by ourselves and I just carried a crossbody purse. I had my wallet, phone, 2 ponchos, and lipstick/chapstick in it. I think that was it. If we had gone in the warmer months, I probably would have included some sunscreen.

Im usually found with one of those cheap drawstring bags, cheap enough that I wont get upset if it is ruined but sturdy enough for the days at the park. In it, I include:

1. Phone
2. Wallet (thin one!!)
3. Park Maps
4. Icebag (The one for headaches? Im not sure if thats the right name)

P.S. There is nothing that feels more heavenly in the park heat when you have an ice bag on your neck. I bring an empty one into the park and fill it up at one of the drink carts overfilling with ice :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter