• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's in your park "pack"?

TunaSled

No Windows and No Doors
I'm curious as to what people consider necessary in their backpack, fanny pack, etc. for day to day park survival. I'm looking to veterans here to guide me as my DW, DS9 and I are going on our first self-sufficient (not funded or planned by parents) WDW vacation and I want to get the little details right well ahead of time. I've got these on my list:

Band aids/Moleskin
Sunblock
Camera/Batteries/Memory cards
ID holder for Tickets/Money/Etc
Lime green Mickeys (lol)
Wet wipes
Cell phone
Chapstick
Ziploc bags
Ponchos
Sunglasses w/tether
Quarters and Pennies for presses
Gum/Mints
Pen/Notepad
Tissues

I know I'm missing something obvious. What do you carry in the parks?

Edit: You guys are awesome. I'm amending my list in this post as the thread goes on.

sanitizers especially this year. This may be included in your wet wipes, but that depends on the kind you get. We bring suntan lotion year round.

Some may need diapers, medicines, list of ADRs and brush/comb.

It's dh, me and 3 kids.

I pack bandaids, wipes, tickets, water bottles, snacks, camera, pennies and quarters in a small case for pressed pennies. Sometimes if we are going at night the kids light up necklaces but not always. 2 pack jackets and a ponchos (which I swear we never end up using, the kids like to get wet!) Extra dy socks, ziplocks, phone.

I can't think of anything else.

sanitizers especially this year. This may be included in your wet wipes, but that depends on the kind you get. We bring suntan lotion year round.

Some may need diapers, medicines, list of ADRs and brush/comb.

Excellent. Sanitizer goes on the list. And a brush, duh... DW and I both have long hair. To that I will add extra hair ties.

When we stayed off-site I carried a lot more stuff. When we stay on-site we carry.

ponchos
water bottles
camera
cell
hats/sunglasses
whipes
small sun screen
I might add a small first aid kit (band-aid and neospor.)

i guess it depends on the time of year, but I had sun hats for everyone, ponchos for the kids, sunglasses for all (buy the strings that attach because kids always lose things like that!) camera, cell, KTTW card, a baggie with two rolls of quarters and lots of pennies, autograph books/pen, touring plan for whichever park we were in, ADR confirmation numbers, sunscreen, wipes, water, and a hairbrush.
I think that was it.
It was nice because we had the storller with the basket underneath so I didn't have to lug the backpack on my shoulder while walking around. Just took it out when we parked the stroller.

Unless it's absolutely necessary, don't take any more than you need because it's just one more thing you have to lug around with you all day. If you're going when it's hot out, those of you with long hair will likely keep it pulled back all day (I can't stand mine being down in that heat)--a brush is unnecessary. I never experienced much of any bugs in the parks and would say repellent wipes are also unnecessary.

Last year I only took: camera, room card & park ticket, debit card, and a lip balm with sunscreen. Everything fit in my pockets (or my BF's :laughing: when my camera was too heavy for the boardshorts I wore) and the only additions this year are a tiny travel-size bottle of sanitizer and pennies & quarters.

I agree with the PP in that it's sooo important to remember that every single thing that goes in has to be lugged around! With that being said, we typically bring:

small pack of wipes
sanitizer
ponchos
Dollar Tree 1st aid kit
my meds
comb
camera
cell
pen
a couple of juice boxes for DDs

I wear a lanyard with KTTW, Visa Reward Card, and a little cash

My DH and I always hassle about the last thing though. We have cold intolerance issues :goodvibes so he wants to bring lightweight jackets for everyone. I don't have a huge issue if there's a stroller, but backpack only? Not so much :lmao:

usually camera, phone, lip balm, sunscreen stick, money/credit card/tickets, park map & pen. all fits nicely in my waist pack;)

I never experienced much of any bugs in the parks and would say repellent wipes are also unnecessary.

Not even during nighttime shows/fireworks? You're probably right, I can't recall being pestered on my last visit but then I also don't recall whether I used some type of repellent.

We are going in December so heat shouldn't be an issue, we will bring hoodies to tie around our waists in case it gets chilly in the morning/evening.

Not even during nighttime shows/fireworks? You're probably right, I can't recall being pestered on my last visit but then I also don't recall whether I used some type of repellent.

We are going in December so heat shouldn't be an issue, we will bring hoodies to tie around our waists in case it gets chilly in the morning/evening.

Nope, no pesky bugs that I remember at all, even at those times. I know I didn't wear repellent and I know I never got bit by anything--and I was there late June/early July when I would think tons of bugs would be out anywhere else.

Don't forget gum. They don't sell gum in any of the parks. Also pen and paper or an autograpgh book if your child suddenly sees a favorite character and wants that autograph - bigger pens are easier for the characters to hold.

i use to just carry my room card/ticket, money, license and ins. card and camera.

now i'm going to have a backpack with diapers, formula, bottle and extra onesie for my son. i'm not bring extra stuff. never end up using/needing it.

As far as bugs go, the only time we saw any was during Fantasmic. There were hundreds of dragonflies and gnats, etc, but they were just flying around. They didn't seem to actually be bothering anyone.

The mister fans were a life saver. There's no way I'd go without them except maybe in December.

I packed sanitizer, but we honestly never used it. There seemed to be a bathroom every time you turned around and I'm one of those with a small bladder, so we just washed our hands many many times a day. Although if you have small children, it might still be a good idea.

We carried our Passporter's Guide around. I almost didn't even buy it, but it was excellent and well worth the money. We must have pulled it out 10+ times per day even though we had a general plan.

Headache medicine was really handy.

Carrying bottled water saved us a lot of money.

We got Bandaid brand blister stick. It was awesome!
I'm sure this is a repeat, but this is what I had in my packmule bag:
extra batteries/SD card for camera
glow sticks
bandaids
blister stick
pennies/quarters
ponchos
ponytails(hair holders)
chapstick
sunscreen
water bottle drink mixes
metal water bottle
pens/autograph books
Ibuprofen/Tylenol
small 1AA battery operated fan

I can't even remember what else I had in there, but this is what we used...

Unless I had a stroller aged child, and you can pile stuff in the stroller, I want to carry as little as possible. I want my hands free, and I also don't want to be having those 'mini panic attacks" you get when you think for a second you lost your purse/wallet/whatever. So, I use a waist pouch (Yeah Yeah Yeah...they are unattractive, but I don't care!) I carry our tickets, money, credit card, small cheapo disposable ponchos, a few bandaids, small sunscreen, cell phone and not much else. I know I would save money bringing water bottles, lunch, etc., but I don't want to carry anything! Just keep my pouch strapped on all day, and life is good!:banana::cheer2::woohoo:

All I brought last year was:
Sunscreen
Sunglasses
Money/Key card

And some misc. stuff we really didn't need.

I take all on your list and some more,

Pepto bizmo (with all this food....)
Advil
sunblock
purell (especially now)
orajel (you never know)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter