Whats it like in October/November??

kitykat63

Earning My Ears
:pinkbounc Hi, I have never been to Disney before and Im hoping to go around the end of October and the beginning of November for 4 days 3 nights. Can you tell me the pros and cons of going at this time of year. I will be travelling with a 6 year old and a 10 year old , myself and my husband.

We have gone at this time four times and are going again 10/26 to 11/3.

Pros:
1.It is not miserably hot. In all our times there I can only think of a few days where it was really bad.
2.And, it is not very cold. A few mornings(EE mornings) it is cooler and We wore sweatshirts(with Tshirts underneath) and shorts and were fine. By 10 AM or so the sweatshirts were tied around our waists.
3. Crowds are not as bad as they are in summer. Rarely do we find them unmanageable.
4. Evenings are cool enough for enjoying, but warm enough to swim.
5. Most everything is open..ie not too many rehabs

Cons:
1. Depending on WDW schedule, at some point early November they close one of the water parks. (River Country is usually already closed and we have found that both TL and BB are open while we are there but one closes for the season shortly thereafter.)
2.Crowds are heavier than they used to be in October(but see above..still not bad)
3. MK may close earlier than it would in the summer. Also it closes earlier on the nights when Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party takes place...we have never found the parks closing so early that it messed up our plans.(and it forces you to get some rest!)

We really like this time of year..I think your family will also.

HI! Probably one of the best times to go! we are going from Nov11-14. However I've heard and read that the first two weeks of December are the least crowded. the first week of Nov. 3-? is Jersey Week. I guess the kids have off of school or something and it gets pretty crowded. Remember that value season starts Nov4. there are usually no parades or fireworks and the parks close early (about 7).It will be our son's first trip and we are doing 2 days at Mk, then a CB at Chef Mickey's the mornign we leave.that's about all I can handle. since I've lived in Florida for 25 years and have been there ????????times, I can tell you that I'd rather have no parades,etc and less people. a great book is the Unnofficial Guide to WDW. I got it at Barnes and Noble. It has helped me as much (or more) as this board. have fun!!!

We were there from 10/27 - 11/3/01 and the weather was perfect! Not too hot (80-85 degree high's) and not a drop of rain...it was wonderful!

New Jersey schools are always closed in early November for a Thursday and Friday ... Teachers Convention. I believe in 2001 it is the 8th and 9th. The week earlier would probably be a better time to go to WDW!

Oct is my preferred time to go. Not too hot and not too many people. I've heard people say the crowds are up, but I didn't notice it. We always to early entry and are usually done in the afternoon, just in time for swimming or resort hopping. MK does close early and the parades/fireworks are only on the w/e. That's the only downside I've found.

Bad thing is our school district has adopted a new policy which makes it very difficult for students to take a few days off during fall break. It actually effects the high school kids grades! So now we have to go during spring break which falls on Easter week :o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter