• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's on Your Disney Bucket List?

Thank you! It has now been added to my "new things to try" list for my upcoming trip! I try to incorporate something "new" to every day of each trip. Can't wait for this one!!!

You can't go wrong with any of the margaritas at La Cava. Be careful, because I think the pink/red sugar or salt on the rim of the hibiscus one can stain. It doesn't just fall off, but I ended up smearing some of it on my face by accident:o

1. Family reunion
2. Amphi-car ride
3. Meet less common characters I haven't yet met (examples: Scrooge McDuck, penguins, Jiminy Cricket)
4. Really would have liked to do the "Walk in Walt's Wilderness tour", but it ran only for a short time and I didn't get a chance. Sure wish they would bring it back.
5. Stay in Cars suite
6. Stay in Treehouse Villa
7. Rivers of Light
8. New version of Soarin' movie
9. On each trip, try at least one restaurant that is new to me

These have been so fun to read. Here's my list (I'm sure I'll think of so many more):

1. Stay for the entire holiday season on Fort Wilderness
2. Backstage Magic Tour
3. Visit Disneyland
4. Run a RunDisney half marathon
5. Alaskan Cruise
6. See the burn-off at Epcot
7. Visit a Disney park overseas (Tokyo or Shanghai, preferably)
8. Go on trips with just my dad, and just my siblings
9. Be at MK for 50th anniversary
10. Grand Floridian tea with my mom and my daughter
11. Parasail on Bay Lake
12. Have a vow renewal ceremony at WDW
13. Be an AP holder
14. Stay at the Poly and CR
15. Meet Prince John with my husband
16. Eat at Cinderella's Royal Table

4. Run a RunDisney half marathon
5. Alaskan Cruise
6. See the burn-off at Epcot
10. Grand Floridian tea with my mom and my daughter
13. Be an AP holder
16. Eat at Cinderella's Royal Table

I might give a 5k a try at Food & Wine in 2017. I hate running, but I really want to participate in one. I think DH will do the half, since he has done a full marathon before. He had better do the F&W half, so that I can go to the after party:) An Alaskan cruise would be nice. What's the burn-off at Epcot? DH and I did tea some years ago at GF; it was nice. I would love to be an AP holder; I know it would make me go more often:) I ate at CRT when I was a kid. It wasn't called that then, but I remember the yummy chicken strips and most importantly, the butter pats that were shaped like Mickey's head:) I don't remember Cinderella or the prince at all:rotfl2:

1.) Visit Disneyland!!
2.) Visit during Halloween and Christmas (we've only been able to go in August the last six years)

Checking one thing off the bucket list this year -- staying at the Grand Floridian! The last five years we have stayed at CBR, but it's our honeymoon so the GF seems perfectly magical!

I ate at CRT when I was a kid. It wasn't called that then, but I remember the yummy chicken strips and most importantly, the butter pats that were shaped like Mickey's head:) I don't remember Cinderella or the prince at all:rotfl2:
Back then it was called King Stefan's Banquet Hall, and I also liked the Mickey-shaped butter pats. I don't recall that they had character meals in it when it was King Stefan's, either.

It's fun reading this thread and looking at each item as either:
  • Did that
  • Would like to do that
  • Would just as soon not do that
  • Looks fun but maybe out of reach
Thanks for all the ideas!

I have such a long list!

Go to WDW in October 2021 to celebrate its 50th anniversary

 Go to WDW in October 2031 to celebrate its 60th Diamond anniversary

 Become a panelist for the Disney Moms Panel and a member of the Mickey Moms’ Club

 Go to WDW for each of my children’s 1st birthdays

 Go to WDW every year with my family

 Become a WDW Annual Pass Holder

 Become a Disney Vacation Club member

 Become a “DIS Veteran” on DISboards

 Get “magically upgraded” to Club Level at the Beach Club

 Watch the Magic Kingdom’s “Kiss Goodnight” from the California Grill at Bay Lake Tower

 Go inside the Cinderella Suite in Cinderella’s Castle (maybe even stay there?)

 Go to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

 Go to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party

 Do the Disney College Program and work in Children’s Activities at WDW

-Do one of the marathons.

I hate running, so I won't be doing a half or full marathon. However, DH and I are considering going in 2017 for Food & Wine. DH runs, so he would probably do the half. I think I might do the 5k. It achieves what I wanted in doing one of the runs, which is getting that "backstage"/park closed access. Good luck if you decide to do one of the runs.

I've gotten some great ideas here! So much fun to be had. Like many of you, I look forward to retiring and going to WDW any time I want. And here's what I'll do.

Hibiscus margarita
Keys to the Kingdom
Dine with an Imagineer
HDDR
Horseback riding at Tri Circle D
Pandora, the World of Avatar

Then, change it up a bit:
DL (went for one day when I was 8 and I still want to see Tinkerbell fly to the castle)
The Walt Disney Family Museum
Aulani
Paris
Tokyo

And I'd like to join so many of you as a CM. Can I be a confectionary lady, please?

In no particular order:

1. See Disney/Universal Orlando at Christmas time (Early-Mid December).
2. To do the ABD Backstage Magic again.
3. To do D23 2017. Part of the reason why I will wait until 2019 for a WDW trip after May.
4. Visit Tokyo Disneyland.
5. Take a Full Day WDW or Disneyland Private Tour.

I'm willing to give up things on trips such as staying at the Contemporary to do one all of those things.

1. See Disney/Universal Orlando at Christmas time (Early-Mid December).
2. To do the ABD Backstage Magic again.

I definitely want to see Grinchmas and WDW at Christmas. Is Backstage Magic the Southern California tour? If so, I really want to do this. I know someone who just did it during the Force Awakens premier. I am thinking it would be a good way to deal with DLR once Star Wars Land opens.

As a Canadian to hopefully be able to get back to DLR or WDW again.

With our current exchange rate at nearly $1.50 it makes it pretty much impossible to travel to the states right now.

Let's hope things turn around before 2018 when we hope to get back to WDW again. :-)

As a Canadian to hopefully be able to get back to DLR or WDW again.

With our current exchange rate at nearly $1.50 it makes it pretty much impossible to travel to the states right now.

Let's hope things turn around before 2018 when we hope to get back to WDW again. :-)

That is part of the reason we are going again to use our AP & TIW before they expire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter