What's rope drop at DHS like?

Meldev

DIS Veteran
Does anything special happen at rope drop at Hollywood Studios?
Also, what time would you recommend getting there to experience it? We will have a car.
TIA

1. Does anything special happen at rope drop at Hollywood Studios?
Also,
2. what time would you recommend getting there to experience it? We will have a car.
TIA

1. Nope.

2. Be at the gates 25-30 min. before posted opening time.

Only MK has a rope drop "show."

Follow Robo's time line and you're gold, we've done just fine 15 mins out the last 3 trips, walked right on TSM, the standby line was 60 mins when we emerged.

Bill From PA

Have they changed it back to just going through the turnstiles at opening (which was the best, most organized and most manageable) or is it still an actual rope drop inside the park?

How about Epcot from the IG? Sometimes they let them in early and sometimes not which puts you way behind everyone at the main gate?

We were there before opening a few days ago. They let us in the turnstiles early but there was a group of cast members blocking everyone just a little past the entrance. We weren't allowed past until 9:00, but they were letting people in to sign up for JTA early.

1. Nope.

2. Be at the gates 25-30 min. before posted opening time.

Only MK has a rope drop "show."

That's a shame - a few years ago I got to EPCOT before "rope drop" and they had a small show that concluded with their releasing white doves as they dropped the rope to let everyone in for the day. Again, this was a while ago, but does anyone know if it is still done?

Thanks,

J

That's a shame - a few years ago I got to EPCOT before "rope drop" and they had a small show that concluded with their releasing white doves as they dropped the rope to let everyone in for the day. Again, this was a while ago, but does anyone know if it is still done?

Thanks,

J
They do something similar to this at Animal Kingdom (at least last time I was there!)

Have they changed it back to just going through the turnstiles at opening (which was the best, most organized and most manageable) or is it still an actual rope drop inside the park?

How about Epcot from the IG? Sometimes they let them in early and sometimes not which puts you way behind everyone at the main gate?
Both Epcot and HS will allow people through the turnstiles about 15/20 min early and then you are held at internal ropes inside the park till actual opening time

Thanks,

J
Nope, not done now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter