• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's so bad about July?

Biscuitsmom31

<font color=peach>Burn a candle to deal with the s
I've seen many Disers say to never go in July. What's so bad about it? The crowds? Just curious.

It's just hot and crowded. But I never have had a problem with it. :)

kind of like crowds are one thing, heat is one thing...but both together can make for a sweaty, sticky, muggy, waiting in line kind of trip....

I have gone now in July and Sept and I can honestly say I loved July. There is heat and crowds but the late hrs more then make up for it. We got bored when going in Sept as there where no wait times and everything was walk on it felt kinda sad and lonely and the rides got old after repeatedly riding them.As long as you know how to manage the crowds and the heat you can have fun anytime of the yr.

We went last year in the 3rd week in July and it was great! Weather was hot, sure, but not nearly as hot as August was the year before. And we didn't think the crowds were bad at all. We made sure we got up early and got our fast passes and the rest was gravy!

Hot, crowded. You can compensate by going really early or really late, but you must decide if that works for you. If it does work for you then by all means, go for it:earsboy:

July is like Christmastime at WDW. Only it's absurdly hot and there's no decorations, it rains every day, and the people you are standing in line for hours with smell like really bad BO from sweating all day.

We live in the south and are used to heat, but the heat in Florida during July is IMO unbearable, never again in July and August.

Can't believe nobody has mentioned the tour groups yet! We were there the week of July 4th last year and will probably be back this year. Big groups of tour groups (Brazil teenagers), but we weren't really bothered by them, although I've certainly heard some stories. :scared:

Can't believe nobody has mentioned the tour groups yet! We were there the week of July 4th last year and will probably be back this year. Big groups of tour groups (Brazil teenagers), but we weren't really bothered by them, although I've certainly heard some stories. :scared:

OH yes. The tour groups! Our 2006 trip they were everywhere we went. Disney, Seaworld, Waterparks. The heat wasn't so bad for us. It was refreshing from leaving the still cold northeast in late June :lmao: We did have one 3 hour downpour on one day and some sprinkles on a couple others but that was it.

I would go again in July.

July is like Christmastime at WDW. Only it's absurdly hot and there's no decorations, it rains every day, and the people you are standing in line for hours with smell like really bad BO from sweating all day.

I would have to disagree. We've been to WDW in July probably 8 times and no park has ever had to close because of crowded conditions like they have to do during Christmas week. It is crowded but nothing compares to Christmas.

I think most people have a hard time with the heat, but mainly the humidity. A lot of people who are not familiar with that kind of humidity are very surprised.

We made the mistake of going to US in late June one year. Lines were at least 1 1/2 long. I honestly thought the skin on my legs was going to sear off! The heat coming up from the pavement was awful. I kept putting lotion on, but I was still in pain. I just can't take the heat!

We were there last July and had a great trip! :rotfl: There were a lot of tour groups, but other than that no complaints! We are DVC members and go twice a year so we were happy to go at a slower pace and just enjoy! We spent a lot of time at the water parks! It was hot, but not unbearable!:rotfl2: We went to the parks early in the day, then went to water park or resort (BCV) pool then back into the parks in the evening! It worked out well for us!

July is "Nasty body odor" month at each of your favorite attractions at Disneyworld. Enjoy its free of charge.

Going in July is great!! We've been many other times of the year, but July is by far my favorate. You can deal with the heat and crowds.

As someone who has lived in Florida since 2002 (about an hour from Disney), I don't stay in my own backyard for more than 30 minutes (unless I'm in my pool) in July, let alone Disney! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter