What's the best strategy for MMRR

On Friday, we took an Uber from Riviera & left a few minutes before 9. We had to wait at the car entrance gate for a few minutes, but we were through temperature screening and tapped in by 9:17. We got in line for MMRR at 9:20ish and were finished riding it by 9:35. Then we were able to find a spot to camp out to get a boarding group.

Then at the end of the day, we ate at Brown Derby. We were finished about 7:10ish. We walked over & rode Slinky, then as we were passing MMRR to leave, we noticed the line was moving quickly and was short, so we hopped in line and came out of that ride right after 8pm, which was closing time.

So, definitely, before official opening and the close of the day are the best times.

On each of our 3 days at the park we got to the skyliner at Pop super early so that we were inside the park before 9:30 am. We went right to the ride and were off each time with at least 20 minutes to spare to get a boarding group. The line was long the rest of the day. My advice is to get there super early and do it first.

I just want to say thank you for everyone’s input. Planning on getting on a plane in Oct and enjoying a different kind of Disney trip. Just going to follow the rules and relax all around.❤️

I also appreciate everyone's experience with this ride. Making a last-minute trip with less planning than normal, but it seems prudent to have a game plan for the big and new rides.

We were at DHS this past Saturday (Sep 4). Arrived at the MMRR queue about 9:35. Ride didn't start letting people on until 9:45. We waited about 50-60 minutes after that. Not great, but that was our longest wait of the trip. We got ROTR BG #9 while waiting in the queue.

Last edited:
We are headed to HS next Friday. Where is stroller parking? We plan to rope drop MMRR, and want to make sure we don’t get behind trying to find the parking area.

If I’m driving to DHS, will I be able to get to the MMRR line early enough in the morning to try and have a shorter wait? I’ve never driven and parked to get to the parks so I’m not sure how long the process will be. I just keep reading that the parking lots don’t open until 9:15. I don’t want to be trying to ride MMRR before official park opening if it will still be a super long wait because I’m not sure how well my 2 yr old and 5 month old will do in that line.

If I’m driving to DHS, will I be able to get to the MMRR line early enough in the morning to try and have a shorter wait? I’ve never driven and parked to get to the parks so I’m not sure how long the process will be. I just keep reading that the parking lots don’t open until 9:15. I don’t want to be trying to ride MMRR before official park opening if it will still be a super long wait because I’m not sure how well my 2 yr old and 5 month old will do in that line.
I drive often.
I get to the toll plaza at 9am, managed to get in line for mmrr by 9:30, have had about a 25 minute wait time

The bus and skyliner people will be ahead of you entering the park, so you'll be behind them in line for the ride which starts running around 9:30. Even if the line is longer, it may still be shorter than it would be later in the day. I would try it.

Just because it hasn't been said, DO go ride MMRR - it's a really fun ride. I was a fan of the GMR and sorry to see it go, but I got off both times commenting how much more fun this ride is.

One important tip!
Either now, or even while you are standing in line, find the pre-show video on YouTube and watch it. Otherwise the transition between the Theater and the barn you load in makes NO sense!
Are they not showing the pre show video currently?

I drive often.
I get to the toll plaza at 9am, managed to get in line for mmrr by 9:30, have had about a 25 minute wait time
I drove a week ago today. Arrived at the toll plaza around 9:05, in line for MMRR around 9:35, then waited about 50 minutes.

Looks like I'm going to insist on the rope drop strategy with my people for this trip! I love the thrill of the early morning. DH not so much haha

My reservation time says open-close. Is this now the same for everyone or are they still staggering times?

My reservation time says open-close. Is this now the same for everyone or are they still staggering times?
There never was a staggered entrance times for the parks, they used to just post the actual operating times like 10-7, now it's just open-close

Slightly off topic, but is this ride super jerky or with fast, sudden stops?

Grandpa had spinal fusion. He can‘t do sudden stops. He wants to ride it, but I have no comparisons. For ideas, Splash is out (sudden deceleration), but we think PotC will be fine. I’m worried this will whip back and forth and be out.

Slightly off topic, but is this ride super jerky or with fast, sudden stops?

Grandpa had spinal fusion. He can‘t do sudden stops. He wants to ride it, but I have no comparisons. For ideas, Splash is out (sudden deceleration), but we think PotC will be fine. I’m worried this will whip back and forth and be out.

It does jerk you at some points. We were being thrown around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter