• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the best stroller for a 3-4 yr old?

Maxwell

DIS Veteran
I am looking for a lightweight stroller that is:

1.) Sturdy
2.) Reclines
3.) Has a canopy
4.) Has an under carriage for storage
5.) Lightweight for Disney Bus Transportation
6.) Comfortable for a 3 1/2 yr old - average height/weight

Thanks for your help!!:)

because I can't remember the one we purchased in October (we left it at my mother-in-law's house in Florida) but I looked at a bunch that I thought I liked and narrowed it down to about 5 or 6 and then test rode them with ds.... some of the ones that seemed ideal were simply awful once we added his weight (about 35 pounds last fall). the one we settled on had a canopy, a basket, reclined but it was a pain to do (loosening straps -but we only had to recline it once a day for his nap) but when we wheeled the thing around - it had the best ride.

so come to some sort of "short-list" and if you can - give it a test-drive!

We purchased an Inglesina stroller off the website strollers4less.com for under 100.00. It reclines, is an expensive model on clearance, has reclining positions, actually 4 of them....came with a basket, an oversized hood, has rear suspension, and folds like an umbrella stroller, but is VERY well padded, and extremely comfortable for our almost 3 yr old. It also goes up to 45 lbs.

the combi SUBV is wonderful. We just returned and had many comments on how great our stroller was.
The only other person we saw who had one purchased theirs from the same place we did. Their link is below.

Combi Stroller Store

We just had the Graco Kite Literider stroller (the navy blue with bugs) at Disney - and an almost 40lb, tall for her age, almost 4 year old. This wasn't her stoller... the one that is hers I can't find (must not make anymore), but she sat and laid in it a few times and was comfy. It has all your basic requirements.

However - having now gone to Disney 4 times with at least one stroller :o), I'd add a couple more requirements to your list of wants.

1- One handed fold - a lifesaver in getting on and off transportation

2 - A lift-up foot rest - that way the length of the child reclining isn't as much of an issue and they'll stroller nap much more comfortably

3 - The biggest wheels you can find. This is especially useful with a heavier child.

Don't be afraid to spend a little money - the stroller can be a lifesaver or the bane of your existence. Our Feb trip had us with a regular stroller and a cheap umbrella stroller - the umbrella stroller was miserable. The wheels kept getting caught in the uneven spots, and neither kid could get comfy in it - plus, all the adults were tall enough that we had to lean over to push it.

So - have fun stroller shopping and have great fun at Disney!!!

I've been doing alot of online research on the same thing, here's what I've found:

Inglesina - Ace Stroller has everything you want - at 14 lbs

Amazon - $119.98 plus $11.48 S/H
Strollers4less - $169.57 free shipping

If you purchase through Amazon, dont forget you can "stack" codes for a huge discount. Probably somewhere between 20-25.00 worth of online codes are out there for Amazon right now.

Wow that is a high priced stroller. You could buy 4 combi SUBV's for the price of one of those.

Sha_lyn,

Could you please tell us where we could get a Combi for 25.00??? Mine friend could really use another one. The reason we didnt buy one is because we felt it wasnt padded enough. But I know my friend would love a new one at that price!! Hers is the old blue with dotted pattern.

Where did I say $25 ? I was referring to the post about the 169 stroller. I gave the link above for the stroller. It certainly had as much if not more padding than any of the other strollers we have owned over the last 13 years.

Sha_lyn,

Sorry about that, I thought you were talking about the 100.00 Inglesina on Amazon! I thought my friend could get a new Combi because you said it was the price of 4 of those! She just had a new baby, and is going to WDW, so I thought a new one for that price would be great!

I don't envy your position with the stroller issue. I am SO glad my kids are older and out of strollers now. Just thought I would post a website that has discount codes for online shopping. Amazon.com has a number of discount codes listed.

The site is www.currentcodes.com and I learned of it on another DIS thread. I have used codes from the site 2x's now with success.

One was for Target (screen house and I used the code for FREE shipping) and the other was for the Disneystore of course :smooth: I just HAD to have the Mickey waffle maker. Plus a ton of other stuff on clearance. I received 15% everything with a code. Good luck and good shopping!

We have a Graco Literider, they carry them at Target or ToyRus/BabiesRus. It might work depending on just how tall your little one is and how light you are looking for. I would recommend going to a store and test driving a few strollers. One thing I would lean away from, and I know many like them, are the umbrella strollers. They just seem so cramped and uncomfortable to ride in all day. Also, try folding and unfolding the stroller in teh store if possible to see how easy it would be for you. Our Literider has lasted through 2 trips to Disney and many other outings and is still going strong. The only problem we had was one of the clips that holds the seat up broke while it was at my in-laws, but we got a new one free from the Graco website.

We have the Kolcraft Lite Sport stroller. My dd is almost 4 and we've used it for the past year for our WDW trips. It has everything but you asked for but it does not recline. It does have a one hand collapse button which is nice. I really like it.

We bought that one at Target for $30 (it's blue with white polka dots). There is the Lite Sport XT by Kolcraft that is the next one up for $40 (I saw at Sears) that does recline but it is a bit bulky and heavier. You can check their website at http://www.kolcraft.com/products/onthego1.cfm?p=lw which shows their stroller selection.

DD has fallen asleep without the recline at WDW (she never normally falls asleep at all in any type of stroller except at WDW).

I didn't want to spend too much just in case it "walks" away. I hate to see that happen to an expensive stroller and even though it is not common to happen I have read stories to some it has happened to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter