• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's The BEST Thing About WDW In Summer?

grinningghost

<font color=green>Has a thing for the Swiss Family
I'm a WDW in Summer cheerleader. I love it. :sunny:

While it's hard to narrow it down to just one thing, I'll try.

I think the waterparks in summer are awesome. You never get chilly. You never dread hitting the water at the bottom of the slide. You welcome it. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Come on summer people - tell us your favorite thing about WDW in summer!!!!!! :cloud9:

Best thing about WDW in the summer?

WE CAN GO FOR TWO WEEKS! :banana:

Getting back to the air conditioned hotel room! :)

No sweatshirts or jackets required! The backpack is so much lighter without them. Not to mention the suitcases are lighter because we just need shorts and t-shirts (which also leaves more room to bring stuff home).

(Of course, my answer may change once we experience free dining next month!)

Have to give 3 too many reasons:

1.) Just about all the attractions are Open
2.) The parks are Open Late
3.) No better time for Waterparks or the Pools

My first thought was to say "nothing" (sorry) but then I really thought about my one trip in Aug. And you know what???? It was great b/c I sought out some not so typically done attractions for their theater/cool factor and short lines and really was WOWed. ie. at MK I did the Riverboat Ride...The Hall of Presidents, Tiki Room, Country bear and at the time, a Saloon show which no longer exists. They were great! So relaxing and cool.

At Epcot we did some of the WS movies. China was my favorite!

Can't recall what we did at MGM (or if it was there then) I know AK wasn't.

But honestly, the longer hours....slowing down the pace and stopping to look at things I had walked by before....and swimming at the hotel pool every night when we returned. It really was a nice vacation. You just can't expect to be in a park from 8-midnight....and you don't race around.

All those people passing out from heat stroke means less people in line with you! :cool1:

(Sorry. I tried. I guess I'm just an October/December/January girl at heart.)

Randy K said:
Have to give 3 too many reasons:

1.) Just about all the attractions are Open
2.) The parks are Open Late
3.) No better time for Waterparks or the Pools

What he said. Plus those wonderful warm evenings. :sunny: :sunny:

Seriously, I just think some of us are "snow misers" and some of us are "heat misers." I do like to have fun in the snow/cold. I enjoy the crisp air, and I LOVE to ski.

But cold at WDW? Walking around MK wearing a scarf and gloves... or anything but a sundress or shorts for that matter? Not for me!!! But again... I know that temperatures I tolerate very well and even embrace are torture for others, especially those not used to humidity. As a resident of the DC area for nearly the last 20 years.... I am very used to it.

1. Parks open later
2. Crowds aren't as bad
3. No heavy clothing to lug around
4. No better time to go to Waterparks and pools
5. Free Dining
6. Thunderstorms which cools the day off and clears out any crowds
7. Air Conditioned attractions, shops, restaurants
8. Don't have to take kids out of school

I'm sure I can think of others... ;)

Thunderstorms!!! :) :) :) :) :)
We're from Los Angeles and it hardly ever rains. So I can never get enough of WDW in the rain. :banana:

There are lots of great things about WDW in the summer. I love the long park hours! It seems like there is always something to do, no matter how late!

Noelle said:
Thunderstorms!!! :) :) :) :) :)
We're from Los Angeles and it hardly ever rains. So I can never get enough of WDW in the rain. :banana:

:thumbsup2 Great attitude! :cool1:

I love early mornings, afternoon breaks and evening park time. :cheer2:

grinningghost said:
I'm a WDW in Summer cheerleader. I love it. :sunny:

Is this a new clique?! ;)

I love WDW in the summer. If I have to narrow it down to one thing it would be time. Parks are open longer and we get to vacation for a longer amount of time. That makes for a more relaxing vacation.

What's The BEST Thing About WDW In Summer?

It's that so many people go then and stay away in January when we are there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter