• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the big deal with lanyards?

They are still giving lanyards. One person reported on that thread that they received a plain black lanyard on the Magic a couple months ago instead of the regular platinum lanyard. They were told by the CM checking them in DCL was no longer giving out platinum lanyards. But at least one other poster has said they received the platinum lanyard more recently than March. My guess is DCL somehow managed to temporarily run out of the platinum lanyards and the CM mistakenly thought they were no longer going to have the platinum ones. Until more than one poster reports that they have not gotten their platinum lanyard, I wouldn't worry about it.

They are still giving lanyards. One person reported on that thread that they received a plain black lanyard on the Magic a couple months ago instead of the regular platinum lanyard. They were told by the CM checking them in DCL was no longer giving out platinum lanyards. But at least one other poster has said they received the platinum lanyard more recently than March. My guess is DCL somehow managed to temporarily run out of the platinum lanyards and the CM mistakenly thought they were no longer going to have the platinum ones. Until more than one poster reports that they have not gotten their platinum lanyard, I wouldn't worry about it.
Ok we're still Gold so nothing to worry about for now. Thanks :)

Most of the people at the ports are not DCL employees, they are employees of the port. (You can tell by their name tags.) So I'm sure this is a case of the person handing out the lanyards not knowing any more than the fact that they had plain black lanyards and not platinum ones answering a question they probably shouldn't have. It gets reported here that platinum lanyards are no longer being given out. This gets people up in arms because it was singled out to be the platinum lanyards

Most likely case: the Magic ran out of Platinum lanyards and was waiting on a reorder. In the meantime, they substituted easy to get plain black lanyards (either they weren't in PC to get stock from one of the other ships or all the ships had very limited amounts of platinum lanyards -- it was just that the Magic was unlucky enough to run out). One or more cruises got plain black lanyards and people who asked about it looking for the regular platinum lanyards were told that they weren't available - add in "bus driver story" as to why here.

This has happened in the past when they substituted black pirate bandanas for "Pirates in the Caribbean" bandanas and when they ran out of Platinum shoulder bags and gave out Silver ones instead. It happens from time to time and people get upset when they don't get what they expect.

Most of the people at the ports are not DCL employees, they are employees of the port. (You can tell by their name tags.) So I'm sure this is a case of the person handing out the lanyards not knowing any more than the fact that they had plain black lanyards and not platinum ones answering a question they probably shouldn't have. It gets reported here that platinum lanyards are no longer being given out. This gets people up in arms because it was singled out to be the platinum lanyards

Most likely case: the Magic ran out of Platinum lanyards and was waiting on a reorder. In the meantime, they substituted easy to get plain black lanyards (either they weren't in PC to get stock from one of the other ships or all the ships had very limited amounts of platinum lanyards -- it was just that the Magic was unlucky enough to run out). One or more cruises got plain black lanyards and people who asked about it looking for the regular platinum lanyards were told that they weren't available - add in "bus driver story" as to why here.

This has happened in the past when they substituted black pirate bandanas for "Pirates in the Caribbean" bandanas and when they ran out of Platinum shoulder bags and gave out Silver ones instead. It happens from time to time and people get upset when they don't get what they expect.
People at PC look to be Disney workers. I'm guessing that's because it's Disney ran, unlike vancouver.

The poster who started the conversation said they were on the Magic in March. I believe the Magic was sailing from Miami for the entire month of March. I agree that it's just a situation where that port happened to run out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter