What's the craziest thing people have seen/brought to a DVC villa?

pianomanzano

DIS Veteran
Was touring the grand villa at Riviera last week and the walk over from the lobby with the guide, we saw a la-z-boy recliner on a handtruck being brought to a room. The guide was like well that's a first! Can't imagine why anyone would need a recliner that bad, unless they were going to be here super long. Anyone see anything similar (or more ridiculous)?

Just my opinion--unusual, definitely. Beyond that, I agree with the pp.

We were rather impressed as we were about to leave for home once to see a family unloading a Foreman grill, bread machine and various other small appliances. In fact, I may take our bread machine next trip. We already take an electric kettle and various kitchen tools and gadgets.

None of my business, as I see it, what someone else brings for their comfort, ease or convenience.

That might have been rented for medical purposes. People with certain medical conditions need that style chair for sleeping.
Ahh makes sense, didn’t mean no offense in my original post! Based on the guide’s reaction it felt like a very rare thing to see so didn’t even think about that.

Was touring the grand villa at Riviera last week and the walk over from the lobby with the guide, we saw a la-z-boy recliner on a handtruck being brought to a room. The guide was like well that's a first! Can't imagine why anyone would need a recliner that bad, unless they were going to be here super long. Anyone see anything similar (or more ridiculous)?
BYOC and kick back. If we were driving I could see DH doing this. He’s already crazy bringing carpets, keurig, fridge, stereo, projection screen, pools, special chairs and hammocks, grills, you name it all kind of crazy stuff to go 3 day camping. He loves his chair so this is right up his alley.

I’ve seen complete pot/pan sets still in the box. I thought they were crazy until I saw what we sometimes get, lol.

I keep a camping table in my owners locker, along with a griddle and mini waffle iron. I've taken a twin size folding cot into a jambo studio before, I'm sure people thought we were crazy or over occupancy LOL

Several years back I had a GV at VGC for five nights. We were all party people (my family), and had a booze delivery. Two guys with hand trucks brought in (transferred to bell services in lobby for room delivery) eight cases of beer, two cases of Jack Daniels, and four cases of wine.
The delivery guys were begging me for an extra bed.

Four years ago we stayed 6 nights in two bedroom BLT and we brought crockpot and rice cooker, we ate breakfast and late lunches every day in the room, one of only two trips where we drove

BYOC and kick back. If we were driving I could see DH doing this. He’s already crazy bringing carpets, keurig, fridge, stereo, projection screen, pools, special chairs and hammocks, grills, you name it all kind of crazy stuff to go 3 day camping. He loves his chair so this is right up his alley.

I couldn't understand why someone would bring a rug and pool to dvc until I finished the sentence.

We've gotten the recliner with a lift seat delivered to our DVC room more than once. When my mother was still alive that was the only thing she was comfortable sleeping in and it allowed her to maneuver just the way she did at home. Unusual for sure but sorry, not ridiculous.

Craziest??? Well that would be my DW who keeps showing up every trip!!

I've brought my drying rack a few times when we've driven. It's cumbersome, but I really like having it for all the things we prefer to line-dry (including bathing suits for 5-6 people who swim daily -sometimes twice daily- on trips of 10-12 nights).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter