What's the craziest thing people have seen/brought to a DVC villa?

On my trip in May, I actually had a thick mattress topper delivered (my body was doing very poorly & I couldn’t sleep at the time). I even considered adding another owner’s locker just for the topper, but decided against it after I realized it would never fit. 🤪😂 & Thankfully, after steroid injections, I didn’t need another one for our trip in August 😅

Besides that, I have a very large espresso machine that I bought just for Disney (the reason for my first locker) 😂… I enjoy my little luxuries 😉

We've brought our own toilet paper a few times-WDW toilet paper leaves a lot to be desired, and staying more than 5-6 days gets a little uncomfortable.
That's not unusual. It's a requirement unless someone actually prefers thin, cheapo tp.

We've taken a 4-pack of Charmin every trip after our first DVC stay when we drove to Walmart for the sole purpose of buying Charmin.

But, if you do that, switch out your tp before trash-towels day if the roll is low. The housekeeper replaced our Charmin with a full Disney cheapo roll! I was chapped as we'd only brought 2 rolls that trip and nearly ran out before leaving.

That's not unusual. It's a requirement unless someone actually prefers thin, cheapo tp.

We've taken a 4-pack of Charmin every trip after our first DVC stay when we drove to Walmart for the sole purpose of buying Charmin.

But, if you do that, switch out your tp before trash-towels day if the roll is low. The housekeeper replaced our Charmin with a full Disney cheapo roll! I was chapped as we'd only brought 2 rolls that trip and nearly ran out before leaving.
Literally..... :)

When the kids were younger we’d bring a Mickey waffle maker because there was no quick service with Mickey waffles at BWV. I always thought that would look strange if my luggage was inspected.

OMG, thanks-I never thought of that!

None of my business, as I see it, what someone else brings for their comfort, ease or convenience.
we fly/don’t use owners locker, so do tend to keep it simple. I do miss my pillow. I’ve brought my own hairdryer & styling tools on occasion, especially when also doing a cruise

This trip, When unloading in parking lot, saw an 8 quart air fryer & a couple of large, crock pots. Same family had multiple cases of soda, beer & water.

Coming from an extended Family of many fireman, do hope all the personal electrical equipment brought from home is in good working order:wizard: Have wondered if housekeeping inspects cords etc when doing the daily room check:confused3

We've brought our own toilet paper a few times-WDW toilet paper leaves a lot to be desired, and staying more than 5-6 days gets a little uncomfortable.
We've done the same on our last trip. I've discovered I can only use bamboo TP for health reasons, so we brought a few rolls of that with us.

Was touring the grand villa at Riviera last week and the walk over from the lobby with the guide, we saw a la-z-boy recliner on a handtruck being brought to a room. The guide was like well that's a first! Can't imagine why anyone would need a recliner that bad, unless they were going to be here super long. Anyone see anything similar (or more ridiculous)?
It was most likely a "rising" recliner where the seat raises up and down to help you get in and out of the chair.

I saw someone with a full size cutout of a person. I thought that was funny. Figured it was "influencers." They are all over Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter