What's the current "popular" restaurant?

Make sure you check the menu before you commit to Flying Fish. It has changed substantially since your last visit, and not for the better IMO in terms of price and selection.

Agree. The new FF menu leaves me cold.

With it being 30% off during our visit, I would be there every night if it still had the old menu. But if that were the case, they probably wouldn't need to discount it so deeply.

I wonder at what point will they admit failure with this particular "re-imagining." IMO, it's not just the unappealing and overly expensive menu that is not drawing guests. It looks too formal and fancy for a place at the entrance of a theme park.

The previous decor was whimsical and inviting. With a little freshening up, you felt fine going in there after spending time in Epcot or the Studios. The way it looks now, I'd want to be dressed like I was going to a wedding to eat there.

You all are making me think I should change to Yachtsman instead...

Gotta ask - have you considered DDP? My wife and I don't use it, as our children are grown. But this CAN be a very good program for a family with children. As I recall (30 years back)..... they tend to get hungry, hourly :). And DDP will give your young child snacks. Night out? 4 of the 6 "night out" restaurants I listed will accept the DDP.

I originally had a packaged booked with DDP, mainly because I liked the idea of using snack credits at F&W, but then I changed my mind because I feel like it puts too much pressure on us to use up all the credits. We like to be flexible with our dining plans, especially now that we have kids (we have a 1 year old as well, but he's staying home with grandma this time around).

Thank you for all the suggestions! Very helpful :)

You all are making me think I should change to Yachtsman instead...
Maybe you should. But keep in mind that you don't know us and what it is that we like. Your expectations and likes/dislikes are your own. The only way to know is to try it yourself.

Oh, and if you do decide to change YSH is a good choice.

Yachtsman is my favorite Disney deluxe. The service is impeccable, and the food is stupendous. Even the bread basket is stellar.

If you do go there, OP, don't miss the truffle mac & cheese. The sides are interchangeable; they will allow you to swap whatever side is listed with an entree with any other side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter