What's the deal with Concierge

coolshells

Earning My Ears
What's the deal with Concierge, what do you get extra. Is it worth the extra cost. Even the word sounds stuck up lol. Any help please thanks Dale:)

The Concierge Collection is comprised of non-Disney hotels and resorts that are generally considered to be very good to excellent, such as The Plaza in Manhattan and Charleston Place in SC. The point cost per night is higher than for the Disney hotels and much higher than the DVC resorts. Your best "bang for the buck" will always be within the DVC family.

:cool:

The Concierge Collection is a list of excellent+++ resorts located throughout. Example: I live in New York and know the Plaza to be a very reputable hotel. Some might consider it a place for the stuck up. Anyone who has a wife who wants to take them to a place which goes that extra mile to make you feel your above the world then thats what that collection is. Try it out you may just like it. Check out what they have to offer. I recommend the Plaza and The Sagamore.

We just went to the Jefferson in DC over the 4th of July weekend. It was wonderful! It gave us an opportunity to stay in a hotel that we would never be able to stay in otherwise.

I don't think the original post was about the Concierge Collection, but about concierge service at WDW resorts. DVC properties don't offer concierge servce. OK, let me clirify that. The DVC part of WDW properties done'st offer it. (BWV do'nt ,BWI does, VWL do'nt, WL does, etc.)

It's not "stuck up", it's actually quite nice. Generaly there is a continental breakfast in the morning, cereal, rolls, danish, juice, coffee, tea, fruit, yogurt, etc. At lunch they bring out some light foods, finger sandwiches, etc. Not always enough to make a meal out of, depends on how hungry you are. In the afternoon there is genreally cookies and other snacks, again fresh fruit is usually available. Tea, coffee, iced tea, etc are available all day.

In the late afternoon there are hor deouvres, and after dinner there are desserts and usually cordials, plus milk and cookies. This does vary from rsort to resort.

In addition, the concierge will contact you in advance to arrange your vacation for you. They'll make dining sugestions, book your dining reservations, book reservations for spa treatments and special events, etc.

Concierge rooms also generally include some extras such as robes, turn down service, and upgraded soaps and shampoos. They also often have preferred views. They are not for everyone, others won't stay anywhere but.

Anne

If you were talking about the concierge service at wdw, then I'll tell you, it's just as ducklite described.
It is not offered at dvc resorts, and if you stay at other resorts at wdw using points, such as GF, YC... you cannot book concierge through points, but you can at check in ask if there is concierge room available, if there is, they will let you pay the difference b/w a standard room and a concierge room. usually about $100 a night.
It is worth it if you like the added luxury and convenience!! that's what it is really, just a lot of convenience. I tis very nice to be able to stroll over to the lounge in the morning and get some coffee and brkfst, then get water bottles all day long, snacks, and evening dessert and cordials. the concierge staff is there for anything you need!!!!
It is wonderful!

we are dvc members, and we usually use points for 2 major vacations at a dvc resort a year, and then go for a long weekend or 2 paying $$$ with an annual pass discount. when we pay cash, sometimes we stay concierge, and we love it! so far we have stayed at the YC concierge and teh GF concierge. labor day weekend we will be staying at the Polynesian concierge!!! :)

It's not worth it if you go to wdw mainly for the parks, and just use the resort to sleep, but for us who use the resort and it's amenities, it is a very nice added luxury:)

Laura :) :) :)

17 days til WDW!!! yipeeeeeeee :) :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter