What's the deal with driving your car in Ft Wilderness?

jennypenny

DIS Veteran
I understand that you are not allowed to drive your car around Ft Wilderness. That's fine with me, less noise and traffic, plus after driving from PA my DH and I prefer to let Disney do the driving all week.

But when we first get there, I want to set up the camper, unhook the car, and go get groceries at Walmart. Can I do that? What if we decide to go to the Kennedy Space Center or Seaworld during the week, can we do that?

Thanks for all of the great camping info on this board,
Jenny

Hi Jenny,

There is no problem doing what you want to do. Vehicle travel entering and exiting Fort Wilderness is fine. Driving from your site down to Pioneer Hall is what they don't want happening. There are a few parking spots at the Meadow Trading Post, so if you have to pick up groceries, I believe you are allowed to park there for 10 or 15 minutes. This is probably the only exception.

Many people also drive to Epcot, MGM/Disney Studios, and Animal Kingdom rather than taking the Disney transportation. You won't have any problems.

Jeff

Jeff,

Thanks for the info. That makes sense, but you never know. Every once in a while I run across a rule at disney that makes no sense to me at all.

Plus, the woman at CRO told me that I couldn't leave my vehicle at the campsite for any reason. She said after I set up the camper I had to drive my vehicle out to the parking lot and leave it there during our vacation. (in her defense, she was very helpful otherwise, and got me a rate of $46 per night for full-hookup inc. tax).

Thanks again,
Jenny

you can keep your vehicle at the campsite, there is a limit of 1 vehicle per site so if you have more than one car you will need to park it in the front parking lot, this does not count the camping vehicle, so if you have a motorhome you can still have a car at the site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter