Whats the deal with MVMCP?

NoSoup4U

I am Art Vandelay
I really don't understand the big deal about MVMCP. How is it different than any other day in MK? Sure, you get the special parade and free treats. But what makes it a "party"? Is it just the free treats and the parade? I absolutely love mnsshp...cause at least then you can dress up (so fun) and you get to trick or treat and get tons of candy. And hollowishes truly are the best fireworks. What do you do at mvmcp? Just walk around, go on rides, possibly take pics with characters....and eat some treats. Thats all? That's pretty much like any day thou. Is there more to it than that? Am I missing anything? Just trying to figure out if its worth the hefty price. Personally from what im reading, its not worth it. I just wanted to see if there was more to it than what i've read.

To me it really doesnt seem like its worth the money at all.

Last edited:
So you absolutely love the Halloween party, but don't understand the Christmas version of the Halloween party?

Christmas Parade, Holiday Wishes, Frozen Holiday Wish castle lighting, Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration stage show, hot chocolate and cookies, snow on Main St, special characters and photopass spots....

Were you going for a Scrooge vibe in your post?

There's the same amount "to do" at both parties. They both have exclusive entertainment offerings, rare character M&Gs, unique photopass opportunities, party exclusive merchandise/treats for purchase and they both have a "free treat" aspect. It's essentially the same party with a different theme. If you like getting dressed up in costumes for MNSSHP, you're more than welcome to don yourself in extravagant holiday sweaters, jingle bells, reindeer antler headbands, popcorn garland, whatever other holiday themed apparel you can think up.

I totally agree
Halloween party

Hocus Pocus shows
Hallowishes
Awesome parade
Trick or Treating

Christmas party
Everything is available Christmas week every day

I usually go Christmas week so I guess everyday is a party for me without paying for the hard ticket.

I totally agree
Halloween party

Hocus Pocus shows
Hallowishes
Awesome parade
Trick or Treating

Christmas party

I usually go Christmas week so I guess everyday is a party for me without paying for the hard ticket.
See, this is exactly my point. It seems like any other day in the park (during xmas time).

Christmas party
Except all the free Cookies,beverages and other cool free food items.

Tortuga Tavern Adventureland – Snowman Soft Pretzel and Sno-Cone
Liberty Square Ticket Office Liberty Square – Ginger Molasses Cookie and Eggnog
Friar’s Nook Fantasyland – DOVE Chocolate and Chilled Apple Cider
Pinocchio’s Village Haus Fantasyland – Variety of Holiday Favorites
Storybook Circus Snacks Fantasyland – Peppermint Crunch Cookies
Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe – Tomorrowland – Snickerdoodle Cookie and Hot Chocolate
Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies – Tomorrowland – Chocolate Chip Cookie and Sno-Cone

So you absolutely love the Halloween party, but don't understand the Christmas version of the Halloween party?

Christmas Parade, Holiday Wishes, Frozen Holiday Wish castle lighting, Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration stage show, hot chocolate and cookies, snow on Main St, special characters and photopass spots....

Were you going for a Scrooge vibe in your post?
Wow. No need for the snark. It was a serious question. You like it, thats great. Sorry that you're offended with my post.

Outside of dressing up in a costume and paying a LOT to go trick or treating, the parties are very similar with fireworks, stage shows and parades based on the theme.
If you don't like/get MVMCP, don't do it.
Again, no need for snark. It was a legit question.

Not surprised by some of the replies you got here. Snarky comments seem to be the norm more and more on here. Never been to the Christmas party or to Disney at Christmas time. I would research what is offered during the party and then what is offered outside of the party. It seems like at the party you only get the food options. If you aren't a big foodie then maybe you could do without the party,

I think MVMCP has a couple of unique things, sure you can watch the parade and Holiday Wishes during Christmas week but you can't get the very cool effect of snow and twinkling lights with the parade, since it is shown during the daytime, you get party exclusive meet and greets, also the crowds are more manageable, and not a lot of people can afford to come Christmas week.

I think the key is you are in the parks Christmas week, so yes, much of what's offered is included. For those not visiting that actual week, it's the only way to get the experience. And there are a few extras as mentioned.

I've heard a lot of people wear Christmas jammies, sweaters, etc....?

Anyway, I've always wanted to attend and we've come for Thanksgiving many times, but always miss the party. Will be attending the Dec 16th party this year and can't wait! I'm just not going to think about the $500.

My dd pointed out that, for us, it was approximately $18 per person per hour (5 hours from 7-12) for a great parade and fireworks, free cookies, and basically an unlimited fast pass. We were able to ride all the rides we wanted with virtually no wait (a real plus with an infant and an almost 3 year old). And, I'd have absolutely paid that to see the amazement on their faces during the parade and during the dance party at Cosmic Ray's.

We also went to the very first party--we aren't going near the parks at Christmas time so this was our one chance for a Disney Christmas this year.

It all depends on what you like--I'd personally rather buy my own Halloween candy and avoid the lines at MNSSHP.

See, this is exactly my point. It seems like any other day in the park (during xmas time).
If you go Christmas week then you're quite right, there may not be a lot of difference for you. I think the bigger difference is for those who are there the other 7 weeks the party is offered who would normally miss out on the stage shows, Christmas parade, Holiday fireworks and more.

I'm guessing it comes down mainly to whether a person enjoys Halloween more or Christmas more. For our family if we were to choose 1 party to attend it would be the Christmas one but it really is personal preference. When we're at Disney for a week, we don't choose to spend the additional $ on either party because it's just not in our budget.

Really same could be asked about MNSSHP and you just answered that.

People don't dress in costume but do dress in Christmas themed outfits.
There are very unique paid for treats just like at MNSSHP.
There are free treats like MNSSHP honestly better than store bought candy plus free drinks like hot cocoa.
There are unique character meet n greets just like at MNSSHP example Jack Skellington as Sandy Claws".
There are unique shows just like MNSSHP example Mickey's Merriest Celebration stage show.
There is a unique parade just like at MNSSHP which is Holiday Wishes vs Hallowishes.
There are character dance parties.
There is snow on Main Street.
The wait for attractions is short

Enough for you to get why its a party just like the Halloween party?

I also don't understand why the store-bought candy is apparently so much more appealing than the treats you can get at the Christmas party.

We were able to ride all the rides we wanted with virtually no wait

The last time I went to MVMCP, I went with DH and a friend. We rode Buzz Lightyear 3 times in a row, each of us in our own cart, no one else on the ride. We went on the Peoplemover 3-4 times (every time we got tired) with no waiting (not that I've ever had to wait). Went into attractions I have never done just because we could. That was worth it alone for me.

It was also (I think) the first year that the treats weren't just a sugar cookie and hot chocolate. We went to every single place to try out. We decided that we liked the snow cone, peppermint hot chocolate, molasses cookies and hot apple cider the best. Looks like they've added a few things different this year. Sadly, I will be unable to partake this year because we are actually going to be there the day after the last party until just before New Year's. Next year I definitely want to do it so I'm tentatively planning an earlier trip like we usually do. DH was very disappointed when I told him no party this year because he was really looking forward to it (I'm also planning MNSSHP next year so we can experience that). I get that lots of people don't feel like the party is worth the cost but we just love the atmosphere - it does just seem a bit more festive than a non-party night for us at least.

special parade, special fireworks (with 360 pyro), special characters you can't see elsewhere, free treats and it used to be light waits on rides if you had time with the rest of it going on - but now that they are overselling not so much on the last one.

First of all, your question starts with questionable logic. MVMCP is not during Xmas week. For the most part, people who are visiting when MVMCP is being held ARE NOT there during the week when many of the party events are being held in the park so your premise that people can just go during the day and get the same stuff is faulty. Except for those bridging the pre-week and holiday week, it's either/or.

So as others have said - it's the same as the Halloween party just a different holiday. I was leaving MK this past year as others were entering for the party and there was definitely more of a Xmas feel to the park than there was during the day. I personally don't think either of them are worth it if you're at WDW for more than 3-4 days but if I were going for a shorter trip, I'd probably consider going on an arrival day and not using a park ticket.

I totally agree
Halloween party

Hocus Pocus shows
Hallowishes
Awesome parade
Trick or Treating

Christmas party

I’d never go Christmas week due to the crazy crowds so for us it gives us the chance to see the parade, fireworks, the snow, the shows, and meet characters if we are so inclined.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter