Whats the first thing you do upon arrival?

itch1

Mouseketeer
So after the site is set up what is the first thing you do
Maybe break it down to what you do, then what the kids do, then maybe as a family.
Do always seem to do the same things?

I can remember as a kid when the parents would be setting up the site we would grab the basketball and head to the hoop. Dad and BJ would set up the minihomes and the women would level the fridge and start setting up the inside of the rig.
As a teenager we would take a walk to the trading post and start our search for the cutest girls.
As an adult my Dad an Bj still set up the rigs and I help the it my turn to set up our tent and unload the car, get the bikes out, get electricity to the tent and such.
Then it is off to TE to get the mugs filled while the parents go meet Kenny for the carts.
Fond Memories for sure.
ITCH

We usually go to Downtown Disney to Earl of Sandwich for lunch -- or we head over to Epcot.

We usually arrive around 10:30 - 11:00. I do a quick set up (level, put the slides out, utilitiy connections), so my DW & 2 DD's can get their showers. I compete the rest of the set up (awning, chairs, lights, carpet, windshield cover, unload golf cart) then I grab my bag & head to the showers. I still usually finish before them. The kids usually finish next and they normally will drag whatever friend(s) they brought along to show them around the Fort on the golf cart.

Then we go to our first attraction - the 'food ride' as we call it at TE. Next we hop a boat to MK to start our vacation. Even though MK will sometimes be packed, we will still go to soak up the atmosphere. We almost always go to MK the first & last day of our vacation. It seems like the perfect beginning & end.

I set up the outside, Erica sets up the inside, Matt starts riding his bike, or scooter. I usually don't decorate much at other campgrounds, but at the fort, we are there long enough to make it worthwhile. THEN IT'S TIME TO LOOP!!! We grab the mugs, hop on the cart and head pioneer hall/trails end to fill em up!

Dangit, now I really want to be there!

But I have already been instructed to get sandwiches ready, while DH levels and raises our pop up. Our DDs will help crank her up!

On all previous visits DH sets up the 'hard' stuff and then takes any/all kids to the pool or the store or to pickup the golfcart. I hang around, turn on my ipod & take my time putting things where I want them inside/out, and enjoy a little alone time. Not sure how things will go in the future (we leave for camping in 3 weeks!) with my medical issues, but hopefully will be pretty much the same.

After the setup I crack an icy cold beer, sit down in my camp chair and breathe a huge sigh of relief.

I'm with bigdisneydaddy.....except to include a snack! I'm just so happy to be there and RELAX!!!

Dad and Bj used to wear the Goofy hats when they drove the rigs through check in, that always got some laughs. Fun nice sharing keep it going.....

We live close so we usually come in after work and set everything up. DH likes to put all his misery in one night. If we have time and are not too tired we go to the beach to watch the fireworks or EWP. If we're tired we just sit and take in our first night and listen to the fireworks and EWP with a cold beverage. Life is good at the Fort no matter what you are doing.

Meet Kenny to pick up the cart, pop open a golden soda. My DW will unpack and get then beds made etc...

Then we head over to the pool to let the little one play in that very cool new splash zone. And I will go down the water tower slide a couple times also.

:cool1:

My DH sets up most of the outside, and while he is doing that I set up the chairs and get the inside set up, then when he is done, I put the lights up then make sandwiches. After we are done with our lunch, I take the dog for a walk, then we get on the golfcart and go looping. Sometimes after that we go to a park or we just hangout until dinner, then our 1st night at FW we always have dinner at TE.

After arriving we set up camp and relax. That night we hit the pool and/or the movie. The very next morning, our tradition is to get to rope drop at the MK and then skip down Main Street. Its hokey and silly, but my dad did it with us everytime we went to Disney on the first day. Another tradition is dining at Liberty Tree Tavern.

and not much sleep the night before. Set up, quick dinner, shower and then go to bed (sleeping bag on air mattress) in anticipation of all the fun we'll have the next day.

after 1100 miles it's about streching the legs and running the kids. we normally get in around 3-5 pm. so we eat, shower and head over to the camp fire.

It is physically impossible for me to set up camp at ANY campground without beer, so the first thing I do after parking the MH at the site, pushing the auto leveler and shutting off the engine, is grab a cold one. I then enjoy my beer while setting up the outside stuff. DW will put the slides out and do a quick cleanup, and then head over to TE with the girls to order a Giddyap N Go and sit on the porch. Once I finish my basic site setup, I will grab a couple more beers and go join them on the porch and eat our chicken.

Oh man, I want to go back now!

for me i try level and put slides out. dh gets the inside ready which doesnt take much beings me make the beds and everything else at home in our yard beings we are close to disney. then i have dd 14 put out chairs and carpet while i do awning and lights. we all usually finish about the same time. i empty the bikes put a two chairs in front of my camper. watch the kids ride bikes why me and the wife have a nice capt and coke with a nice cigar. usually listen to wife complain about the smell of the smoke and catch nasty glances from dd14 everytime she comes by. and dd5 is so happy he doesnt care. but hey gotta have a good cigar when you arrive in heaven. take the dog for a walk. and then nothing else matters past that point. were in disney the only plan is to not have a plan

we don't have ritual after arriving. we usually say "We're home!" and the relaxing starts and i guess we probably run to get sodas.. then go do a little loopin'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter