• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the Latest on Rhino Rally?

kellymonaghan

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Have any of you Tampa residents heard anything new on the status of Busch Garden's Rhino Rally ride?

Is it back in operation? If not, any word on when it will reopen?

BUMP!

The original thread has gone cold and I can't find any recent information relating to this.

I'm in Orlando, and last week on 1 of our local news programs , they ran a quick story saying that the Rhino Rally accident was a Driver error, and that ALL the drivers were recieving more extensive training. I'm pretty sure they also stated that the ride was already back up and back to normal,( I guess as normal as a new ride can be).

According to an article on the St Petersburg Times web site, the ride has undergone extensive course modifications and will reopen "late next week" (which means this week).

Driver error was cited as the cause of the accident by Busch -- apparently at the hard left turn that leads from the rhino area to the bridge over the croc pond.

Rhino Rally opened back up today acoring to the news. They have fixed the curved the accident was on, as well as a few other things to make the ride safer. Enjoy...I can't wait to try it out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter