• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the most dangerous food you've ever eaten?

NOT a "worse reaction" but more of a "What were you thinking" :scared:

While surf fishing during a summer vacation we started catching fish so it was fresh fish for dinner. Thankfully no reaction because someone warned my mom to be real careful >>>

" ...Puffer fish may contain the potent and deadly toxins tetrodotoxin and/or saxitoxin which can cause severe illness and death. These are central nervous system toxins and are more deadly than cyanide. Symptoms start within 20 minutes to 2 hours after eating the toxic fish. Initial symptoms include tingling of the lips and mouth, followed by dizziness, tingling in the extremities, problems with speaking, balance, muscle weakness and paralysis, vomiting, and diarrhea. In severe intoxications, death can result from respiratory paralysis... " source below

https://www.fda.gov/food/alerts-adv... Drug Administration,from a known safe source.

I've gotten sick from sashimi a couple of times. Not enough to make me stop eating sashimi and sushi, but I'm more careful about who I buy it from.

My mom accidentally fed me a brownie with walnuts in it...I have an anaphylactic allergy to tree nuts. Luckily the hospital was only 5 minutes away and they rushed me in for treatment.

corn on the cob...saturated with butter...late august....when yellow jackets ( oregon wasp) love to hover...open your mouth over a delcious bite of corn and make sure that a yellow jacket has not lit on the area and become swallowed while on the family outdoor end of summer gathering.

crab. they have a tv series about it.

Remember the Original Hamburger Stand? Worst case of food poisoning I ever had.

I also ate a lot of questionable items in S. Korea, so that was probably more dangerous but I didn’t have the ill effects of the Original Hamburger Stand.

We went on a camping trip with our boat down to Bahia de Los Angeles in Mexico. DH likes to dive, and he and his brother came up with a whole bunch of these small mollusks that they said were "scallops." It took them a really long time to gather enough for dinner. The longer it took, the more they became "scallops."

They cooked those things up for dinner, and they were super chewy and gross.
Definitely not scallops. I ate a few, and we all seemed to survive, but I have no idea what they were. They seemed very unwholesome.

Raw oysters.

On vacation in New Orleans we had raw oysters one night at dinner. Had never had them before. Loved them but by the next afternoon my stomach was really bothering me. Spent a lot of that night vomiting. Spent the next day with chills, under blankets, sleeping on and off while DH explored around town, checking on me a couple of times. Turns out people with diabetes should avoid raw oysters because of a certain bacteria that can be present in them. I did not know this.

No doubt, and it was recently, the "one chip challenge," a super, super spicy chip that people eat for YouTube or something. Some dumb friend of mine got a couple of these things and I, who usually never has trouble with spicy food, said I wasn't too worried about it. Those things should be illeagal! It was fine really as I ate it, spicy no doubt, but whatever. It was about 20 minutes later that I felt my insides about to burst, and I am not kidding! It was very much like having severe food poisoning as my body rejected the capsacin. I was throwing up, trembling, and almost passed out. I considered calling for an ambulance, which, apparently does happen sometimes. It was horrific! It did subside after a while and all it proved is that I'm an idiot. If anyone ever asks you to eat one of those things, the correct response is to punch them in the face. Do not do it!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: GAN
At work, ate a sandwich that was delivered by vendors for the store. I got sick and had to call my boss so I could go home..

Popeye's Chicken. For some reason, the one near me never seems to cook things all the way through. Maybe because they're so busy, enough so that their drive through line ties up traffic on the street they're on, they're jumping the gun on their timers? But it took me two visits to learn my lesson.

Krystal last weekend. Never, ever, ever again. I don't think I've ever had food poisoning before that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter