What's the most magical way to get to MK?

Firestarlife

Earning My Ears
I know there are multiple transportation options when getting to the Magic Kingdom. We are staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and will be driving our own car to MK the first day of our vacation. My husband and daughter have never been to WDW before. What's the most fun/magical way to get to the park?

Both! The monorail and the ferry are great! My son really likes them both! When he was 7 he wanted to do the Monorail more than the ferry because he loved trains at that age. He's now 11 and asked to do both. So when I drive in the evenings to MK, we will definitely will do just that! The mornings we are going to do the buses at the resort.

I like the ferry, but even though it can have problems, the monorail is so iconic that I think it needs to be anyone's first time to the gates.

Also, don't underestimate the impact of driving under the arches. That's when my kids -- who have been there more than a dozen times -- still start to swoon.

I like the ferry, but even though it can have problems, the monorail is so iconic that I think it needs to be anyone's first time to the gates.

Also, don't underestimate the impact of driving under the arches. That's when my kids -- who have been there more than a dozen times -- still start to swoon.
Oh yes, definitely looking forward to driving under the arches! We will, coming from WBC, correct?
Also, a question about the ferry. Where's the best place to board? Do we just park at the TTC?

A little different, but park at the TTC and walk 6 minutes to the Polynesian. Take their boat over. It's much, much smaller than the Ferry and we just loved it.

That boat was the best part about staying at Polynesian, such a fantastic way to get to Magic Kingdom.
:)

If we park at the TTC, we like to ferry from there to MK. Love seeing the castle get closer and closer. On the way back to the parking lot, we take the monorail.

A little different, but park at the TTC and walk 6 minutes to the Polynesian. Take their boat over. It's much, much smaller than the Ferry and we just loved it.

That boat was the best part about staying at Polynesian, such a fantastic way to get to Magic Kingdom.
:)

Oooh ... that boat. Love it so much. One of the captains is outstanding. When we had him, that boat ride to MK was an attraction in itself! We had the boat to ourselves a couple of times in May when we hopped to MK late afternoon. That was pretty neat.

Every method of transportation there is great simply because you're going to the Magic Kingdom. We've had our moments on buses, the monorail, the ferry, etc.

If we park at the TTC, we like to ferry from there to MK. Love seeing the castle get closer and closer. On the way back to the parking lot, we take the monorail.

Oooh ... that boat. Love it so much. One of the captains is outstanding. When we had him, that boat ride to MK was an attraction in itself! We had the boat to ourselves a couple of times in May when we hopped to MK late afternoon. That was pretty neat.
I assume strollers are allowed on the boat? Can you just roll right on, or do you have to fold to board?

We like both the ferry and the monorail, but I'm another vote that the first trip MUST be with the monorail. It gives you an amazing panoramic view of the whole landscape, and it passes right through the middle of the Contemporary! And it's very cool.

On the arches, yes those are something we look forward to every time we visit -- and we've done dozens of visits. There are several, but I don't think you will pass through them going from WBC to MK.

I believe you will pass through them coming into the WBC area, however, so tell your daughter to let you know if she sees anything exiting. (And we Dads being boys, tell Dad not to spoil the surprise!)

Another thing that is fun for younger kids are Hidden MIckeys. They are everywhere and finding them really adds to that first-visit buzz. Teenagers are way too cool for that, but little kids (and Dads) love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter