What's the most you've paid per person for one meal?

V&A, QVR. Over 1K for me and DH. I live in New Orleans so private dining with Emeril.....priceless.

Kid #2 was 11 at the time. He loves trying new things. His favorite place to go lately is the all-you-can-eat sushi/asian joint near us - he can order whatever he wants , and till his heart is content. He is all about softshell crab lately..

What good is a big meal if it doesn't include alcohol and cheese? And then dessert if there is room?

Dining out is always welcome in my house - mini vacations, typically... someone taking care of me and I get to try new things!
Love your Avatar! Just wanted to say that I am in Minnesota too (currently NOT shoeless, ha). ITCHING to get back to WDW though, for sure!!!!!

Love your Avatar! Just wanted to say that I am in Minnesota too (currently NOT shoeless, ha). ITCHING to get back to WDW though, for sure!!!!!

Thanks! I am shoeless at my desk, currently, on a self-imposed 2 minute break. Long day. :)

Definitely itching to get back - but I DO love fall in MN, so I am holding out my escape until winter :)

Our most expensive Disney meal was Le Cellier, it was the WORST meal we have ever had at Disney (we've eaten all over the resorts/parks). Rude, rude, hostess. Crammed in so tight with the table next to us....

Funny in that is said about LC BUT California Grill is NO BETTER!! The tables were so close that we could hear conversations clearly on either side, did not have that issues last week at LC, it was one of the better meals we had, the server was outstanding, no issues, I think some go in LC to look to complain .....

As far as the most expensive meal, it was at the Bellagio at Michael Mina's....................GREAT food, 10 course meal but was def pricey, if my memory holds I think I was $125 PP......

Per person was $50 for a Brazilian steakhouse in our area. It was for my best friend's birthday which doubled as a New Year's Eve thing as her birthday is on NYE.

We don't spend a lot of money on food as you can see based on what a lot of other posters are commenting :o

hahaha - I don't think people go in to a MAJOR EXPENSIVE restaurant wishing for a bad meal to complain about. That would be silly!!

Have you read some of the posts in here......... :charac2:

To the point of the lights were too bright, too dim, the air felt weird, some of the odder ones I have read in here, then they come in here to say it ruined the dinner..........Some should stick to McDonalds!

For a family of 6, only one child it was a little over $400 after tip to eat at Be Our Guest. It was NOT good. Our meal at Yachtsman was cheaper than that and it was a top-notch meal!

Hmmmm so this is the part where I out myself as frugal (where are my frugal peeps?).

I was thinking back through our trips, the bulk were “free” dining promos. The one sit down meal I can remember paying cash for, was 6ish years ago. Volcano sushi at Kona, it was $15. The hubs got a pineapple steak for like $20. The kid got pot stickers which killed me. It was like 6 of them for the same price of the 100 I can make at home....and mine are better.

It was Christmas Day and we could only get lunch reservations.

My husband ate at V&A's on our last trip, came to $285 I think. Besides that we're not huge splurges (we can't finish 3 courses each) so the most we spent was $75pp at Narcoossee's.

Per person? That can't be right. :(

Yes, that's correct. $235/person for dinner, a special wine pairing (limited edition wines), ounce of caviar (for DH, not me, blech, but he loves it), Miyazaki beef, cocktail/champagne to start and some kind of special fish dish for DH. Plus a hefty tip. $1500.

It's something special we love to do a couple of times per year.

We went to some swanky sushi place in Vegas at least 10 years ago, I don't even remember what hotel it was but it was on the strip. It was a friend's 40th birthday trip and it was a blowout, lots of splurges. There were 7 of us, all dressed in our most fashionable attire. It was a very cool evening full of Saki, fancy food and great service. I did NOT pay the bill, but it was an impressive amount. I don't remember exactly how much but it was over $3000. The birthday boy insisted on paying for everyone because he wanted his awesome friends around to celebrate and he was my boss so he knew how much I made. :)

We were doing a chef's dinner basically, we never actually ordered anything. The chef just sent what he thought we would like. At one point all the girls went to the restroom, we'd had a lot of saki and were feeling good. We get back and feel like something is off..... then a plate of delicious kobe beef nigiri comes out. OMG it was fabulous. We asked the guys about the weirdness later.... apparently it had come out while we were in the restroom and they ate it all!!! They had to order another one so we wouldn't know they didn't leave us any. I'm sure that added greatly to our total.

The
Hmmmm so this is the part where I out myself as frugal (where are my frugal peeps?).

I was thinking back through our trips, the bulk were “free” dining promos. The one sit down meal I can remember paying cash for, was 6ish years ago. Volcano sushi at Kona, it was $15. The hubs got a pineapple steak for like $20. The kid got pot stickers which killed me. It was like 6 of them for the same price of the 100 I can make at home....and mine are better.

It was Christmas Day and we could only get lunch reservations.
More proud frugal peeps in the house:cool:.
Haven't made dumpling dough yet (sad to admit that) but do use a pasta machine to make store bought skins thinner. If only I could figure out how to cook them on site in a standard room they'd be a regular light meal for us at WDW:).
Now when I want to mix frugal with indulgence I buy a good class of caviar, have it shipped to the hotel, then pick up goods at the food court and club lounge to make decadent snacks to eat over the holidays. A bottle of Champagne doesn't hurt either and rubber stoppers can be found at the France Pavilion or WBG.

April 11, 2000 - My birthday and the last day of our honeymoon. V&A was $150 per person WITH the wine pairing. Now, we spend about that at California Grill lol.

CRT is as fancy as we've gotten with the kids at Disney! The best meal of my life so far and most expensive was $550 at Circa 1886 in Charleston! Kids were not on that trip and would not have appreciated the amazing food!

V&A, QVR. Over 1K for me and DH. I live in New Orleans so private dining with Emeril.....priceless.

Now I am jealous. When we were on a really tight budget my biggest real world bill was Emeril’s New Orleans (without Emeril-lol) and that was going on 20 years ago. Do not remember the bill, just being stressed about what it would cost and loving the food but everyone drinking water.

Disney- probably my husband’s birthday at Artist Point a couple of years ago. I think it was about $75 pp w/o tip. It was our favorite meal at WDW so far.

Current real world- We had a friend take us to a steak house in Chicago three or four years ago. $125 pp w/drinks and appetizers but not including tip. Great food and atmosphere but not worth that much.

At Disney and in real life the most we have spent per person was at V&A for our anniversary two years ago - $350 per person including tip. We did not do any wine pairings but did choose a few of the upcharge items like the turbot and the beef. I am typically a very frugal person and going into the meal could not believe I could get comfortable spending that amount. All I can say is that it was worth it and I cannot wait to go back some day!

V & A in 2013, wine pairings but no upgrades $650 for 3 with TIW and tip included. It was a highlight of our trip, DH, mother, myself, and the late ChesterFigment joined us and was a delightful dinner companion.

Earlier this year, El Gaucho in Tacoma, WA $500 for three with tip. Delish!
(we splurge once every year or two - those are the more memorable meals)

~ Marci

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter