What's the ONE life decision you regret (the most)?

Have the real estate and job markets picked up since the closures ?
As far as real estate it did, and then it crashed again in 2008, and have recovered again. As for jobs, well prior to the pandemic almost every area of the nation was recording record low unemployment, so I guess so. I also forgot, we had an Army Depot here also that was shut by BRAC, also within 20 miles of the two bases. But again, there are literally tens of thousands fewer people working physically at those three facilities than when they were military. We always had a huge population of military retirees, but BRAC really boosted that as many of those who lost their jobs due to BRAC actually were able to retire. My half brother worked as a Civilian at McClellan for 30 years, and has been retired for 30 years. These folks are living comfortably with DOD pensions. My half brother is 85 and he says his pension today is more than he ever made in a year working, and of course, being retired as long as he worked, he has made more not working than he did working.

Maybe jobs that I didn't take when I had multiple offers. Or taking the wrong job, although I've corrected that. But how do you really know going in?

Dating. It lead me down a path that lead me to getting hurt over and over again for about 4 years.

I did learn a lot from the experiences of that four years. The main one is that I am better off single/alone. I am obviously a very bad judge of character and can't be trusted to not make bad decisions when it comes to the opposite sex.

This sounds awful - marrying my ex-husband. I walked down the aisle with doubts and fear. I knew I should have called it off but my mom was so into it and planned the whole thing with me along for the ride. I couldn't do it. Four years later I was getting ready to file for divorce and somehow the one time that year we did the uh "dance" I ended up pregnant. So 17 years after the wedding I finally divorced a mentally abusive and distant man which caused pain to my son and basically financial ruin for me. Could have saved a lot of heartache with one little decision.

Same....though my mother was against it though she is somewhat mentally abusive too so I think it was what I was used to. Though thankfully I got out after 2 years when DD14 was only a year old. Sometimes she tells me that if I hadn't married him I wouldn't have her but I counter that she is all me. If she had had a different father she would have bigger hands and feet but everything else would be the same.

Not going to the out of province University Nursing program that I got accepted into at the last minute. I was on the waiting list and wasn’t accepted until 2 weeks before semester started and chickened out about moving away from home so quickly. I ended up studying Biology instead at our local University and the 4 years later after getting my BSC ended up going to study Nursing at our local college anyways. I wasted several years.

Giving up on my dad when his alcoholism got so bad. I didn’t speak to him for years and when he died suddenly (of alcoholism- surprise surprise) I regretted so much. He wasn’t a nice drunk though and I was young and angry at him. I couldn’t wrap my head around why he wouldn’t quit and took it personally. I don’t think I could have fixed it but I wish I wouldn’t have cut him out of my life for so long.

I could think of a lot of things I regret, but then again they led me to where I am today, who I am today, and IDK that I'd change that.

That's what I say. If I hadn't made the mistake to get together with ex-H my senior year, I wouldn't have gotten pregnant with DD#1. I would have went on with my then planned out career path (Army Reserves, JAG; partial scholarship DU law). I might not have ever met DH (married 21 years tomorrow; together for 28). I wouldn't have had DD#2 and DS (I might have had kids, but they wouldn't be the same, kwim?). I wouldn't have made a name for myself in the culinary world. My world may have been a bit bigger, but I might not have been as happy.

I can regret the circumstances, but I can't regret the actions, because of where I am with my family today.

Not trying to get back my first, and true love, when he broke up with me in college. I just walked away, moved on .... 43 years ago and counting ...

I wish I would have chosen a different major in college
100%

College in general though. When I started I went in as a Premed/Med Biology major. Which is not what I wanted to study, but what everyone around me thought was a great idea. So I made myself believe that it was my only choice.

Undergrad took me 7 years including an academic suspension because I was so miserable. Luckily after the suspension, I picked up the pieces, got a new major, and was able to finally finish. In 2008. With a degree in Interior Design. There were NO jobs in my field at that point (yay recession).

Now many many years later in my late 30's and I feel like I am finally starting my career and life in general.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter