What's the quietest sit-down restaurant in MK for MNSSHP?

bajanswife

DIS Veteran
We will be all adults and don't need a character meal. We'd like to enter early (like 5 p.m.) and then eat around 7 when the rides start to get more crowded. Then we'll do more rides again later after the first parade.

Originally posted by bajanswife
We will be all adults and don't need a character meal. We'd like to enter early (like 5 p.m.) and then eat around 7 when the rides start to get more crowded. Then we'll do more rides again later after the first parade.

If you want to eat around 7, I believe the only choice for a sit down (waiter/waitress service) restaurant will be LTT. As you know that's a character dinner. As far as I know, that's the only non-counter service restaurant open during the party.

Would you consider eating earlier - after the park closes to day guests (6 pm) and before the park reopens for the party (7 pm)? If so, you could get a reservation for the Castle at around 5:30 or so. The dinners are not with characters, it's reasonably quiet, the restaurant is relatively small and there usually aren't all that many small children around for dinner. You can check out the menu and see what you think.

Other than that, I don't think there is anything that really fits the definition of "quiet". We find Tony's Town Square to be very noisy and CP is a character meal. You might try the Plaza - haven't tried it myself so don't know what the atmosphere may be like there. All of these would require a PS before the park closes, though. The last PS for them is usually around 5:45 or 5:50 when the park closes at 6. None of them will be open during the party, but they let you finish your meal without rushing you out.

Best wishes -

We ate earlier (5:30?) at CRT. It wasn't crowded, and we had a very quiet, pleasant dinner. We changed into our costumes in the restroom afterwards, and there was no one waiting to use the restrooms. MK doesn't have an abundance of sit-downs. You're limited to LTT, CRT, Tony's, and CP. LTT was the only one of these open last Oct. at 7:00. Another option among the counter service places is Columbia Harbor House which has a quieter upstairs seating area, and that was open during MNSSHP. We haven't eaten at the Plaza, because we've walked into it and found it busy and noisy. I agree with the above poster that Tony's is noisy. Maybe if you were seated in the smaller room up front it would be quieter, but it has hard surfaces everywhere which always make a restaurant noisier. I think it's supposed to be a bustling atmosphere.

We ate around 4:30 last year before MVMCP at the Plaza. I think it closed at 5:00. We were out fast and got an early start to the party. I thought it worked out great. The rides are not that crowded before the first parade, I would ride then, especially in the back of the park. After the first parade is when they get crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter