What's the scoop on Dinosaur?

My kids are older now, but at ages 6 and 8, they loved Dinosaur and still do! They absolutely hated TOT.

One of my favs... and definitely an attention getter. You have to brace your self on this ride because if you don't, you could feel it later.

On our 5th trip this past June I got the girls to finally try it. They are 18 and 9 and have told me if I try scheduling it again they will remove my scheduling rights. They hated it.

Thanks. Seems like we are going to pass on the Dino, might be to questionable for my little ones

Good call. The ride itself, really bangs you around. We went on it twice and the 2nd time the kids decided that was enough for one lifetime

dinosaur is my favorite ride :flower1: that being said...it can be rough! and if i were a child i'd probably be a little scared since it's dark. my grandmother clenched her teeth so badly on this ride her tooth broke (i'm not kidding) lol

It’s by far one of our favourite attractions at WDW.

But I will not get in it without ear plugs. It’s just too darn loud.

I mistakenly took my DDs who were 5 and 7 at the time on it our first year without realizing how intense it was. They spent the entire ride with their heads down, clutching me, terrified. The younger one went on it again the next year at 6 just to see if it was as bad as she remembered. It was. She is an adventurous child and a dare devil. She went on RNR 4 times last year. Dino is the only ride she won't go on at Disney.

It's a different kind of scary than rollercoasters. I think it's more like the intensity of scary movies, haunted houses or scare actors only Dinos and there's no blood or gore.

Of course since at that age little ones still think dinos are real! Our DD is almost 5 and we will definitely be skipping Dino for the foreseeable future. She still hides her face at the end of Frozen Ever After.

Love this ride. I feel like over the last 6-8 years of riding it that they turned down the lights a little more in some of the sections and that makes it way more exciting. Either that or my eyes are getting worse (actually a thing, not just a cliche).

One of the very first times we rode it was with a family of 5 in our car. The dad and his two young sons loved it but the mom and the daughter didn't. In the photo their heads were down! As we were exiting I could hear the woman scolding here husband for talking her into going on that ride and "never again"! Sadly I overheard one of the two boys dejectedly say to his brother, "Looks like we won't be getting to go on that again?".

My wife is scared to death of the dinosaur near the end (when they take your picture). The only bad part of the ride for me is the very very beginning when you're being "transported back in time". Being a migraine sufferer the flashing lights along with the backdrop make me feel sometimes like they could induce a migraine so I just close my eyes now for that part. Best attraction in AK if you ask me!

My kids were 5 and 8 at our most recent visit... my 5 year old daughter LOOOOOOVVVED this ride. It was her first time on it. She thought it was scary but she loves being scared. My 8 year old son was clutching my arm the entire time and begged to never ride it again, lol. It's very rough, intense, and not for everyone. My daughter and I love it, my husband (he thinks it's way too rough) and son (finds it scary and rough) do not enjoy it.

I took my 4 year old son on it last year not knowing what it was. We even have a video we made in line where he says, “We don’t know what this ride is but we are going anyway.” It was one of his first rides and it scared the pants off of him. I felt bad and thought he would never trust me on a ride again, but we have a hilarious picture from the ride of us hugging each other. So there’s that. It’s not on our list for next time.

I enjoy DINOSAUR (all caps is correct).

But there’s a reason it has very little wait compared to the headliners in AK. Most people would say it’s not a good ride.

Is it scary? Probably. It’s dark, loud, confusing (you can’t tell direction very well) and full of jump scares.

Is it entertaining? Only if you’re trying to spot all the broken animatronics! That “incoming” pterodactyl hasn’t worked in years!

I understand why people hate it. In fact it’s terribleness is a reason I love it. It’s the worst E ticket ride at WDW. I don’t think I’d get an argument on that comment.

If you watched Jack and Jill because you just had to see how terrible it was then you may like DINOSAUR.

I love this ride and I think the scariest experience at WDW is ITtBaB. Hands down. No joke.

I know if I were a child-I'd be totally freaked by bugs.
I also think voyage with the little mermaid in dhs is terrifying.
Ursula :sad2::sad1:

Setting aside the scare factor for a moment, I only recommend it to someone who really loves dinosaurs.
Very rough ride.
Very loud.
Very dark.
I agree. So what is there to like? Only the dinosaurs. Regarding the scare factor, I think it's too annoying to be frightening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter